• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 SX190 new boat owner need help with upgrades!

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm getting a humming bird helix 5. Dealer where I'm getting the boat from had great things to say. I had a lowrance on my previous bow rider and it did good. I like the new down imaging features on the newer units.
I’m have the same model but haven’t installed yet. Do you have a picture of the install, both the head unit and the transducer?

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Are those the vipers? Did u drive the boat before u installed them?
Honestly I would drive the boat prior to adding fins. I had a 2012 SX190 without a rudder and added Thrust Vectors. I now have a 2017 AR195 with a rudder and in my opinion I think the rudder is adequate. However I’m not saying the fins are not worth the upgrade. In my opinion I think a Lateral Thruster makes more sense if you have a 19' with the rudder.

tweeter1148

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone have a recommendation for a spare tire and a mount for the trailer? I am surprised the trailer didn’t come with one.

tweeter1148

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I live in Frisco and we will be going tot he lake a couple of weeks. Will be more than happy to show you what I have on my bow, so you see before you order stuff. I will also be glad to let you borrow my bow anchor and see if that is something that works for you
We live over in west Fort Worth by Eagle Mountain Lake.

tweeter1148

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Cleaned it up today and installed the spare tire and the the cobra vipers!

Attachments

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
did you make a reservation at the Sands yet?

tweeter1148

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Lol...I hear yA...I need to get a year behind the boat first I think...I only want to be partial jackass on the trip...not full blown....but I would love to get up with u guys locally!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
for the record, I went to BImini with a total of 20 hours of experience ......... I had the "full blown" award in 2017 and I am desperately trying to off load it in 2018 LOL

@tweeter1148 I have to admit that this "sands registration" thing was a trap and you jumped on it with both feet. Now that you are hanging upside down from the tree of inevitability let me explain about the local gatherings.

I go to lake ray roberts a lot. new docks and quite place, so any time you think you will be out feel free to drop me a PM
A bunch of people go out on Lake Texoma all the time. Just look for posts

there are 2 local scheduled gatherings thus far. One in Texoma and one in Ouachita. Here are the links.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/the-last-texoma-gathering-as-a-couple-july-14th-2018.16175/

https://jetboaters.net/threads/lake-ouachita-gathering-in-2018-june-9th-weekend.17100/#post-296585

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just picked up the boat. I ordered a stoltz bow roller but it looks like it already came with one?! Has anyone seen this? I bought it from Phil Dill in Texas and I have to say the treated me well. They were up front and no games which is about all I can ask for.
That's not a Stoltz but still a soft poly roller so it will do the same job of not scratching the gel coat like the stock hard plastic one does. Your dealer likely swaps out rollers if he is a good dealer and knows the shortcomings of the trailer to potentially earn a repeat customer. Nice touch.

tweeter1148

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am getting the windshield tinted today. The guy was supposed to be done at 1 but he is still at it. For the price I’m getting it done for I can wait!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
can you post some pictures ? and ballpark cost?
I am a little worried about nighttime visibility

tweeter1148

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I called around for a lot of prices and I got anywhere from 600 to 200. He is doing mine for 150 with no warranty. He baisically said in thirty days if he hasn’t heard any bitches or complaints from me then I get what I get. I agreed to that. To be honest thought I think it is kicking his ass because he was supposed to be finished at 1.

tweeter1148

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So I picked the boat up and he didn’t finish one window....he said he wouldn’t do a boat again. I am supposed to bring it to him to finish Sunday. I only went 20% so it isn’t that dark. I would say he did a good job...u can see some areas aren’t perfect but he did drop the price to 100 bucks because of the inconvenience. I will get some pics of it in the garage later. I am supposed to be getting my seadek this evening...so hopefully I can get that knocked out this weekend.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Dude
I so hope that this is a righteous guy and you did not give him any money up front because I have called at least a half of dozen guys that do tinting here on the SunCoast of FLA and NONE of them will touch a boat! Let us know how it goes!

tweeter1148

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got my Seadek in the mail this evening so I started working on it. I just pulled all the screws and filled the holes. I will start installing the mats tomorrow or Sunday. You can see in some of the pics that the driver curved window isn’t tinted yet. I will try to get more pics when I work on the Seadek.

Attachments