• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 7 inch Connext Maps

Dunnrand

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi all. Sorry if this is a repeat, but I'm new to the forum and could not find an answer to my question. I am about to purchase a 2019 Yamaha SX 240 and can not find any (or very little) info on the 7" Connext system. In particular, I would like to know where I can get an operators manual for this system. Specifically, I'd like to know if: (1) the 2019 7" Connext actually has marine maps, and (2) can the charts be updated for the body of water I'm boating on (Smith Mountain Lake, VA),and (3) if so, where would I go to do so? Many thanks all. I'm looking forward to getting to know the community! Randy

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome,
I believe only the 242 series with the 12 inch display has maps. And the 240 cannot be updated as of yet
Your GPS antenna is for speed readout

aalcaraz92

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi all. Sorry if this is a repeat, but I'm new to the forum and could not find an answer to my question. I am about to purchase a 2019 Yamaha SX 240 and can not find any (or very little) info on the 7" Connext system. In particular, I would like to know where I can get an operators manual for this system. Specifically, I'd like to know if: (1) the 2019 7" Connext actually has marine maps, and (2) can the charts be updated for the body of water I'm boating on (Smith Mountain Lake, VA),and (3) if so, where would I go to do so? Many thanks all. I'm looking forward to getting to know the community! Randy

I have a 2019 AR240 and it does have marine maps, as for updating the maps not completely sure. I would reckon if you wanted to upgrade you would need to buy that through the dealership. (another way to make more money)

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
In the back of the 7" and 12" newer flush mount Connext screens there is a SD card slot. It is to the left of the USB ports (see picture). Carefully remove that card and you can use it on a computer. This card has all of your mapping information on it. It is based on the Navionics map database. You can update the cards with the Navionics updating program from their website. This allows you to purchase more detailed maps for local areas. If I remember correctly, some updates are free while others you have to pay for them. Keep in mind that the more detailed the maps are, then the longer it will take them to load. It has been awhile, since I have done this. It worked, but some of the update process was not intuitive.
Back of 7 connext display.jpg

cbpagent72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
In the back of the 7" and 12" newer flush mount Connext screens there is a SD card slot. It is to the left of the USB ports (see picture). Carefully remove that card and you can use it on a computer. This card has all of your mapping information on it. It is based on the Navionics map database. You can update the cards with the Navionics updating program from their website. This allows you to purchase more detailed maps for local areas. If I remember correctly, some updates are free while others you have to pay for them. Keep in mind that the more detailed the maps are, then the longer it will take them to load. It has been awhile, since I have done this. It worked, but some of the update process was not intuitive.
View attachment 89101
What is the part number for that system? Curious if it will work a 2018.

Levi Weatherford

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
^^^^^^^ Would love to know this as well. I have a 2017 212 Limited S.

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Going off the top of my head, i would say that the models that utilize this functionality would be the 2018 and 2019 242 LTDS, LTDSE and XE boats, the 2019 AR/SX240, and the 2019 212 LTD, LTDS and X. Basically, if it has built in mapping then you can update the mapping data.

Levi Weatherford

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Going off the top of my head, i would say that the models that utilize this functionality would be the 2018 and 2019 242 LTDS, LTDSE and XE boats, the 2019 AR/SX240, and the 2019 212 LTD, LTDS and X. Basically, if it has built in mapping then you can update the mapping data.
I was thinking more along the lines of removing my current Connext and replacing with the newer Connext with Navionics. Probably not likely but someone smarter than myself might know better.

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Unfortunately, it looks like enough of the electronics changes from year to year making it virtually impossible to upgrade an older boat with a newer connext display. There are also different software packages programmed into the displays based on the boats families that they are installed in.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For everyone's info, Actia is the company who supplies the displays for Yamaha. The link below is the introduction of the newer 7 inch flush mount displays. Not a lot of info online though as they are vendors for boat builders (as well as commercial fleet, etc.):

TroyC

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Smith mountain lake is a blur on the connext

kummt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2019 AR240 owner! Maybe a silly question...but does anyone know how to not lose the breadcrumb trail when turning the key off. As in, take a trip in an unfamiliar lake or river, stop at sand bar, turn engines off (connexts shuts off and lose breadcrumb trail)...now start back up to head home and no breadcrumb trail. Any ideas on how to save breadcrumb trail or any other tricks?

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
2019 AR240 owner! Maybe a silly question...but does anyone know how to not lose the breadcrumb trail when turning the key off. As in, take a trip in an unfamiliar lake or river, stop at sand bar, turn engines off (connexts shuts off and lose breadcrumb trail)...now start back up to head home and no breadcrumb trail. Any ideas on how to save breadcrumb trail or any other tricks?
There is no way of keeping your breadcrumb trail after shutting the system down. If you want to keep the system on while at a sand bar, you can turn the engines off and immediately turn the key back to the on position.