• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 ar210.

branfoster

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any tips on how to clean the interior of the boat. We bought it used from a dealer and the interior is not as clean as I would like. How do you get the floors back to white under the carpet? Also the inside grey in the seats looks dirty. One more thing how do you clean the carpets?

Any tips on how to clean the interior of the boat. We bought it used from a dealer and the interior is not as clean as I would like. How do you get the floors back to white under the carpet? Also the inside grey in the seats looks dirty. One more thing how do you clean the carpets?
:Welcome:
We've always used hot water and mild dish soap like Dawn to clean the inside deck and seats using a small pail and cloth. Another pail with clean warm water to wipe away dirt and soapy water with another cloth. Hard to clean spots of the deck you can use 99% alcohol and wipe clean with a damp cloth. There's cleaning products for vinyl seating if needed, but we've never had to use them. We wipe the seats immediately if they get some grunge on them (several white cloths in the boat for this purpose), and clean properly with warm soapy water when we get home.

Outside of the boat hull we use car wash soap, a basic one without wax or additives to gently clean the hull. For hard water spots we have a spray bottle with 50/50 white vinegar and water with a cloth. We wipe down the hull in the parking lot when we pull from the ramp and she's shiny for the ride home and it doesn't strip the wax coat.

For wax I've swtiched to Meguiar's Ceramic Hybrid wax as it's about the easiest spray wax to apply. And it drys clear so no worries if you get some on the rub-rail, window, etc. Fastest wax I've found since you apply it to a freshly washed boat/car while it's still wet, then buff dry. Awesome stuff.

Thank you this is all great information. Yesterday I started to clean with a light scrub brush and some tough stuff. Also the warm water and microfiber towel technique. It’s definitely dirty. But hopefully not for long.

I am the farthest thing from gentle when it comes to deep cleaning our boat.

I rinse the entire boat with my pressure washer. I cover section by section with a heavy car wash foam from my foam cannon. Brush where needed and powerwash with my pressure washer. Wipe down with chamois. Acid wash the lower white hull annually or as needed.

The engine compartment likes to be sprayed down with simple green and rinsed to remove any grime in there, or oil from oil changes. Dirt only collects when there is oil residue, so keeping it clean and slick allows the bilge to drain clean if water gets in there.

If I were to still have carpet, taking them out and pressure washing on cement and allowed to dry may be one of the best ways to eliminate the horrible odor most experience. but best bet is to throw them away. (smile)

Good luck.

Thanks For the advice. I have had a angler center console for years it’s an older boat and that’s exactly how I clean it. It’s funny to think I am asking questions about cleaning this new boat! Its much nicer and much more expensive but a boat nonetheless. Thanks for the reminder and confidence. Time to get after it!!

Back