• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 AR240 anchor locker and anchor recommendations

Simon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey y’all new to the jet boat world. Bought a 2019 AR240. Love it so far. I was wondering if anyone has a anchor recommendation for what size anchor fits the anchor locker the best. Also noticed in my drain plug that there are metal shavings I am guessing washing out from the manufacturing process.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don’t bother with the anchor locker if you want a anchor that actually holds. After years of my boat blowing away bc of the anchor not holding I bought a 13 lb Mantus. PITA to store but nothing is gonna pull it out once it’s set.

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There will be more than shavings that will come from the bilge! Many comments that the Yamaha builders tend to leave construction debris and it makes it way to the drain plug. I had one of those red straws for WD-40 can come out.

AmesJainchill

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I was considering this for my new 242 as well. Lots of folks love the Mantus anchors and I can vouch for that also as an excellent anchor for mud/sand at in Lake St. Clair as a buddy has one for his larger cruiser and it holds amazingly compared to his stock delta. Only drawback is it won't fit in the locker on the jet boats and I'm reading many store the primary Mantus under the seats in the bow area. Didn't get a chance yet to measure the anchor locker area yet on my boat, but was considering a Fortress FX-7 (or maybe 11) based on @Bruce 's comment in this thread , depending on what will fit since I would like to use the anchor locker if possible..

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Simon help us understand your typical boating location. Anchoring in the Gulf is different than anchoring in a river.

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is an example of the anchor I had in the locker compared to the anchor I just purchased for my backup anchor705029FD-46B8-4CE4-A313-33BF8EDF3AB3.jpeg

n1111z

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Does the Mantus require a length of chain or is rope sufficient?

Simon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Simon help us understand your typical boating location. Anchoring in the Gulf is different than anchoring in a river.
I am in South Carolina. Some intercostal waterway and some ocean currents off the jetty’s in north myrtle beach.

Simon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There will be more than shavings that will come from the bilge! Many comments that the Yamaha builders tend to leave construction debris and it makes it way to the drain plug. I had one of those red straws for WD-40 can come out.
Thank you. So far a twist tie and metal shavings.

Simon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am in the intracoastal in South Carolina. Tides and switching currents.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
My Yamaha had 2 of these when I bought it. They are useless (for me) even with 6' of chain. Replaced with Danforths.

I did not know the Mantus does not require chain. Thx!

1552398741543.png

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
What is the difference between the one circled above and a Danforth? I thought that is a Danforth style?

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@BigAbe75 The main difference is the lack of the sliding ring on the shank of a Danforth. Danforths are far superior to that POS. Here is more info on anchors.https://jetboaters.net/threads/best-anchor-for-florida-salt-water.17610/ or this one https://jetboaters.net/threads/best-anchor-for-sandy-bottoms.13698/

On the Yamaha I use a 8# West Marine Danforth style up front and that POS Seachoise that came with the boat out back.
On the Beneteau I use a 22# Delta Lewmar plow up front and a new 16# Danforth out back, which came as the main anchor but is undersized in any rough weather.

Last edited:

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@BigAbe75 The main difference is the lack of the sliding ring on the shank of a Danforth. Danforths are far superior to that POS. Here is more info on anchors.https://jetboaters.net/threads/best-anchor-for-florida-salt-water.17610/ or this one https://jetboaters.net/threads/best-anchor-for-sandy-bottoms.13698/
Ah, I couldn’t tell that from the pic. I was just looking at the shape/function of the blade that looks similar. Tks!!

Most of my anchoring is in mud and low current... I could probably just throw a big rock out with a rope on it and be fine. Lol (except for 1 or 2 trips a year to the ozarks)

Marvin willis

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My Yamaha had 2 of these when I bought it. They are useless (for me) even with 6' of chain. Replaced with Danforths.

I did not know the Mantus does not require chain. Thx!

View attachment 89395
I had 12 ft of heavy chain attached to that, then to an additional mushroom anchor, the the rope. It held ok but I wouldn’t walk away from the boat. Pos the anchor the the left is a plow. I use to have a pic of my Mantus beside my other anchor but deleted it

Simon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anybody find the perfect fit for that locker. 2019AR240. Getting it sprayed with line-x

Simon

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is the $185 Yamaha kit fit the AR240

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral