• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Scarab 195 HO power lacking after sandbar

Jhitzing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Hello everyone. I’ve read through the forums just wanted to get more insight before taking boat in for repair. 2019 195 HO with 80 hours, recently purchased and last weekend took it out and got into a very shallow area and sucked up some sand. Still running but not as much power and vibrates at full throttle before slowly getting up to speed. I don’t see anything stuck underneath and there are no lights on, I’m going to remove pump housing to see but if there’s nothing there is there anything else that could be causing this? Thanks.

Scarabscott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
have the same boat with the 300. boat is sensitive to debris. look at both sides of pump . intake and output. there must be something in to to cause that.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
It's very possible nothing is in there but that the wear ring was gouged when you sucked up the debris. Besides looking for objects in there VERY carefully, look at the condition of the wear ring too. But yeah, really sounds ike there's damage there specifically.

Here's a video on how to remove the pump if you want to go that route:

Jhitzing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Ok I’ll take it apart tomorrow I think and check. If it is the ring is that expensive to replace? Can you do it yourself?

Jhitzing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Also it smoked a little today I noticed on the water, not a ton but never noticed it before, I have no lights showing up is it common for them to have some smoke or is this possibly tied to it not running right/to hard because of obstruction?

Scarabscott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
yes easy to replace . YouTube shows videos, they are less then 100 for OEM, don't get aftermarket

gRobi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Change Wearrings, be fine...

Jhitzing

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Too bad whoever tightened Allen bolts last put them way to tight or just corroded. Got 3 out but last one stripped.

gRobi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Grease the new ones with copper paste before reinstalling. Good luck getting the pump off. corroded bolts suck bad (had to drill them out)