• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Yamaha 242X e-series communication errors

Johnsej13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2019 Yamaha 242X e-series and have had it out multiple times this year with no issues. Today when I turned it on I am getting communication errors that won’t go away. I’ve tried shutting the batteries off, fully disconnecting the batteries and cleaning the terminals and reconnecting them and it hasn’t resolved the errors. Has anyone else had these errors and if so how did you resolve them?

Attachments

mbaldridge1980

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I got this identical situation today on my 2019 242X. Weird coincidence. I still haven’t figured it out.

mbaldridge1980

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Figured out my problem was my depth transducer. I unplugged it and after shutting batteries off & back on, all but the transducer error went away. I guess now I’ll be looking to replace my transducer. Hope that helps.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What are your battery voltages at?

Johnsej13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I also unplugged my transducer and all the other errors went away. My battery voltages are 12.4 while the engines are off, 14.2 while the engines are running. It’s funny that a bad transducer would cause the other errors. Going to try and live with it through vacation, but it would be nice if the error and buzzer wouldn’t come back every 10 minutes.

mbaldridge1980

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I wrapped a small rag/towel around the alarm speaker located behind the helm and it effectively muted the alarm.

Johnsej13

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The buzzer on mine had a dial on the end that I turned and made it quieter to be a little more tolerable. I checked Partzilla and a couple other sites for a new transducer and they are on back order for over 200 days. Going to call the dealer on Monday.