• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Yamaha 242X E - Should I buy??

Mike Catt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
No he would do the work, but if i buy from him, he sends mechanics on site to do repairs at my house. Basically like any other dealer, if you buy the boat from them, you have alot more pull. He would do any warranty work, but i wiould have to pull the boat from the water and bring into his shop for service so down time, my time is the cost of that ETC...

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
For 3000, there is alot of benefit to buying locally, I was offered a 2017 212X locally, for a very similar price to a 2018 212X 3 hours away.

But what it really came down to for me was service, and it has paid off. Between the 10 hour service and a few warranty things I've already been back in there 3 times and though any Yamaha dealer should service and provide warranty worK, your local dealer will be way more eager to work with you if they sold you the boat.

Plus, for me, I would hate to take a boat bought far away to my local dealer and expect priority service or any special help if needing their support in holding Yamaha accountable for some warranty work.

A great dealer will make your boating experience much better, and the willingness to send a tech right to your boat would make it well worth buying locally to me.

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think it comes down to a matter of cost and color options.

When I read through the new boar release last week, I really didn't see anything that would be compelling to buy a 19 over a 18.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think it comes down to a matter of cost and color options.

When I read through the new boar release last week, I really didn't see anything that would be compelling to buy a 19 over a 18.
Except the new pumps. They really made a leap, especially with those lateral nozzles.

--

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bought the 2019 - love it. Reverse is night and day compared to old model. appreciate all the input!
I meant to rate the post "winner" but it is next to "funny"... go figure.

Congrats! You might be one of the first here to be in a position to review new 2019 242 features, particularly the steering... PLEASE!!!

--

Beata Narath

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My dealer just got a brand new 2019 Yamaha 242X E - I was close to buying a leftover 2018 XE out the door with snap cover, 4 year warranty, galv trailer, and tax at $71,500. Local dealer talked me into getting into a 2019 242x for $76,500 out the door with tax included, snap cover, galv trailer, 5 year warranty, and is including first service, winterization, storing it for winter, and spring start up. What do you guys think about the deal? I’m sure I can do better if I wait for the boat show, but I could use this boat for 2 more months. HELP!!! don’t know what to do. Is this boat worth $76k?!? Seems like a lot of money - Yamaha jacked up MSRP this year to $77,399 plus prep and freight. Appreciate your insight!

Hi Mike,
Where did you get this deal?
What dealer?
Thanks

Mike Catt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Toms River Yamaha

Beata Narath

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi, thank you for your quick response. As in Toms River NJ?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've you're in this general area, you should give Patsy's Bay Marina (where I bought, just outside NYC) and HIghway Marine (PA) a look. I could not have been less impressed by the service at Tom's River Yamaha.

Beata Narath

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thank you Sean. I will check them out. We are trying to find a good deal. We went to Toms River and the price for the 2019 was a lot higher than what Mike bought his at with nothing extra.

Jimxo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I purchased a 2019 242x a last week for 76k OTD. 2 Year extended warranty, no cover.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I purchased a 2019 242x a last week for 76k OTD. 2 Year extended warranty, no cover.
You should at least have the shipping cover. They come free with your boat since that is how they are shipped from the factory. Some dealers toss them so ask your dealer to give you your shipping cover.

Beata Narath

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks Jim.

The best price so far we got is 79,500 otd with extended warranty for 3 years total. I'm suppose to fo this weekend to couple places. I'm not sure how Mike got such a great deal with all the extras.

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Wow, that's high. What state are you in?
California. Sacramento area dealership. I’ve held back on buying one at their price after seeing the pricing several members have posted. I’ll wait for the boat show in March to see what pricing is offered.

Beata Narath

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It has to be because you are in California. We went to NYC show last week and the only thing they offered was the extra two years warranty but wouldn't budge on price. I want to get the same deal Mike got hahaha, but seems too good to be true.

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
It has to be because you are in California. We went to NYC show last week and the only thing they offered was the extra two years warranty but wouldn't budge on price. I want to get the same deal Mike got hahaha, but seems too good to be true.
I’d sign the dotted line and give 15% if I got the 2019 242X for $76k in a heartbeat