• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Yamaha AR240 to 2019 Scarab 255 Open ID?

lmoretti

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hello,

I recently (3 months ago) bought a brand new AR240. Put 30 hours on it already and love the boat. Issue is the dual console isn't the best setup for us. With no signs of a 24/25 ft FSH from Yamaha I am considering this switch. Has anyone done so already? Thoughts? Thanks!

I live on a private lake in Central Florida and will use the boat there and on the west and east coast of Florida.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
There have been so many threads like this lately...

I'll weigh in again, I'm sure everyone is sick of hearing my opinion lol. If the MSRP of the 255 Open ID is anywhere close to what I've seen, I'd buy a Robalo 242 and be done with it. Much better boat, way more seaworthy for those trips to the coast. Don't get me wrong, I've fallen in love with my 210 FSH. But at $40,000 there's nothing new comparable. At $80,000 for a well optioned Scarab, I'd buy one helluva nice center console that I'll love forever. But that's just me.

lmoretti

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Other
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for your input! I agree if the Scarab gets too pricey than its not worth it. I'm not trying to build one out that cost 100k+. My AR240 was pretty bare so as long as I can match what I got with Yamaha and not drive the cost to high then it makes sense. For example the 400HP version is just fine don't need the 600HP. The issue with a outboard boat like the Robalo is it wont make sense for the lake side of things. I was trying to get a single boat that could encompass as much as possible! The right thing to do is have 2 boats :) but that isn't happening anytime soon!

Laconic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I just found the 255 Open last night, I had not known about it previously. I live in the crystal river area and have a lx210 which we love but we would like to do some fishing. I agree the 210fsh is a great deal. The extra size of the 255 would be great and love the transom. If I would be a 2 boat house I would keep the lx210 for lakes and cruising and get a Robalo for fishing. The 255 is on my list for a single boat. I would love to get a great deal on an old dealer stock one.