• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 212X Audio Question

Manningr22

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hey gang - brand new owner of a 2020 212X here. And since it is less than a week old I figured it was time to start working on it 😂 The stereo in this boat seeeemmms like it should bump, but it's def leaving much to be desired. The most obvious thing and the one I want to correct is the sub feels way way way under powered. Yes subwoofer is turned all the way up on the head unit. I have read a ton of post on here about adding additional amps and rewiring certain speaker groups to certain amps which is very helpful. My question though is, can I do a test to see if the sheer amount of speakers being powered is the actual problem - and that adding an additional amp will solve it to my content?

Here is my thought. If I disconnect the 4 speaker's wires from the back of the amp (to the 4 cabin speakers) that would in my head leave more juice for the sub. I could also potentially pull the sound bar off as well (not exactly sure what groups or pairs these are wired in without looking at the amp right now) which would leave just the rear set of speakers and the sub being powered by the amp. If this wakes up the sub to my happiness, adding another ht-6 amp or equivalent would seemingly solve my problem. Am I looking at this the right way? Am I missing something? Is this even how this stuff works?

Somewhat of a newb here. I have installed two systems in my life, but both of those were purchased at the advice of the sound guy. So speaker and amp pairing is above my paygrade at the moment. I don't know how to figure out how much wattage or amperage is recommended for what. And then throw in the parallel vs series wiring debacle I am completely lost. I am just looking to wake the sub up in the simplest most cost effective way without having to do a total overhaul of a brand new boat. Thanks soo much for any help or guidance. Loving this community!

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
OK 1st change boat model from AR to X in your profile for future ease. People always look bake to see what boat you are in to help with info. Ok Yes unhooking a load from a amp will free up power but not in the way you want/need. You should have a Wet sounds HTX6 DSP. The settings are all set with a computer flash program. They set it all to a (safe) no warrant claim setting. No chance to adj. it. However I'm about to test a bass extender / line driver to increase the input signal. You would need to cut the sub woofer input / (RCAs) wires and add RCA ends to the wires. This in theory it would be like if you turn up the radio volume to 3 the sub be at 4. but I need to test and see if it may add unwanted noise to the audio signal/ clip.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Another way that I got though last 2 years on the boat was to turn the treble and Mid down on the HU settings but turn bass up. The WS 6.5" speakers are a bright sounding speaker so turning the T & M down will mellow them down and let the sub come though a bit more before the highs get too loud. Now this is not a great way to do it but it helps. Treble -1 , Mid +2 , + till the the highs get muddy then back it down a bit.

Manningr22

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
OK 1st change boat model from AR to X in your profile for future ease. People always look bake to see what boat you are in to help with info. Ok Yes unhooking a load from a amp will free up power but not in the way you want/need. You should have a Wet sounds HTX6 DSP. The settings are all set with a computer flash program. They set it all to a (safe) no warrant claim setting. No chance to adj. it. However I'm about to test a bass extender / line driver to increase the input signal. You would need to cut the sub woofer input / (RCAs) wires and add RCA ends to the wires. This in theory it would be like if you turn up the radio volume to 3 the sub be at 4. but I need to test and see if it may add unwanted noise to the audio signal/ clip.
Thanks for the info. Sounds like I’m prob not going to like it with current setup because of the firmware so I’ll keep my eye out for an amp to add on to the system with actual adjustment settings.

See this thread https://jetboaters.net/threads/2019-242x-subwoofer-not-thumping.23953. I couldn't hear the subwoofer on my 2020 212X, changed the crossover freq in the app per the thread, and that made a big difference.
Thanks for the info. I will def try that out for sure. I’m just trying to squeeze out a bit more juice without having to get into full rewiring mode. Just want to enjoy it for one season before I start redoing everything like usual lol I’ll let you know how it works out but thanks for the suggestion!

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
See this thread https://jetboaters.net/threads/2019-242x-subwoofer-not-thumping.23953. I couldn't hear the subwoofer on my 2020 212X, changed the crossover freq in the app per the thread, and that made a big difference.
Ohhhh nice! I'll have to look at that too. I noticed these boats aren't really built for huge bass thumping, but more LOUDNESS to throw the music further for floating and listening to music or throw it back to the rider while riding. I noticed last weekend when trying to get my wave dialed in the boat is so quiet I could talk to the driver and was able to ask his speed. Sure couldn't do that on my old boat. You'd be lucky to talk to each other in the boat unless you were yelling at each other. LOL!