• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 ar 240 stereo ?

Vadice

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
so I'm new to the community just bought a 2020 ar 240 and I love my music so I'm upgrading the stock interior speakers to the jl m3 6.5 rgb adding 2 7.7 rgb towers on swivel mounts running off a jl m6 600x6 my concern is mounting the sub planning on putting it in the starboard storage under the seat I've been looking at the 10 in. M3 infinite baffle has anyone installed one or should I go with a sealed box or a box behind the sub

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
ive been reading up on this here. waiting on a boat myself. going to do the same thing. and still not sure what to do. Ive noticed people do the IB then move to a sealed box. not sure why dont like the sound i rekon. if you are on the fence i would do sealed box first. then IB. once that hole is cut its there for good. Ive heard both parties love their set up. guess its personal preference. try to hear one if you can.

Vadice

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The only reason I was going with the IB is because I ordered all rgb and I thought it would look amazing but a stereo is more about sound so I think I'm going with a sealed box the 6.5 's And the towers will still be able to color change then I'll put in some blue led's should look bad ass

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I had two 12's in a sealed box (port and starboard rear storage) on my 2013 212SS and I'm currently having 2 Wet Sounds XXX 12's in a sealed box (starboard storage) installed on my 2019 242SE. There is enough room just make sure to cut a vent in the storage area. There should be pics of my 2013 set up floating around the boards. If you want your boat to "thump" then go the sealed box route. Found the link: https://jetboaters.net/threads/sotally-tobers-sound-system.418/

Last edited:

Vadice

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm changing my order to a sealed sub one JL w6 10