• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 AR190 anchor

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I picked up a 2020 AR190 yesterday from a dealer in Austin TX and it did not come with an anchor, i about an hour and a half away so dont want to go back. I am looking at the 8# Mantus M2 (8 lbs M2 Galvanized Steel Mantus Anchor - Mantus Marine) or the small Box anchor (Box Anchor — Slide Anchor) and wondering what peoples thoughts are, also if it is worth it at all or if i should pick up a cheap anchor from Walmart? This is my first boat (3hrs so far) and i did not grow up on boats so any advice/threads would be appreciated. I am following Hoyt and fvcoachv currently and reading their stuff (awesome)

Last edited:

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ended up going with this generic amazon box style anchor, anchor rope, and coated chain.

Also ordered the 40" CE trailer guide posts, guide post cap lights, and Ronix guide foam things

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I run a 15lb "Navy Anchor" from Bass Pro on my '17 AR 190.

Works exceptionally well, and costs next to nothing.

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh wow only like $26 I'll pick one of those up also to try out, thanks

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the purchase. I now have three anchors for our AR195. I've had mixed success with each in in different lakes. I had ok luck with a danforth style with 14ft of chain and have been using a 20lb mushroom with claws off the stern. Could never get that combo to hold the front well on Lake Travis. I finally broke down and bought a box anchor. Set it twice in the wind and chop yesterday with the mushroom off the stern. Even with the holiday traffic and wind and it held for hours with no adjustments.

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats on your boat! On your shipping list, I didn’t see a shackle. Might want to get a few stainless ones (connecting the anchor to the chain & and the chain to the rope). You can pick those up at HD as well.

As @2kwik4u mentioned, I have a navy anchor for the stern of the boat. Have also used it for when in need of quickly anchoring. Holds every time, and isn’t as finicky as the danforth to set.

Sugarcharged

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats. What color and how’s the boat performing? Asking because the AR190 is on top of my list. Thank you.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I really like my box, but it does depend on in what type of bottom you are going to be anchoring. For the box, I would recommend more scope than they say. They will tell you 2 or 3:1, but 4 or 5:1 works better....

Lots of good options out there that improve on the Danforth that came with the boat (so you are not missing much to have not gone back for it).

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank y'all for the info, the box style anchor I ordered from Amazon doesn't come in until next Saturday so today I went to a few stores looking for a navy anchor and found one at Academy but they only had 10# and 20# so I got the 20 but it ended up costing $42 instead of $26 oh well I guess. Being that it is a holiday weekend I haven't been back out on the lake since Thursday when I took delivery. I didn't want to be the noob on the lake trying to learn with 100 other boats zooming around lol. I didn't think about shackles I'll definitely pick a few up thank you. I hope the box one I picked up performs well, I think my biggest concern is just losing my anchors lol, would be a shame to sink a few hundred $ 30ft down in the lake. What size/strength line do y'all recommend? The numbers seem odd to me trying to figure in the boat weight? I'm guessing it's different since it floats? @Sugarcharged I only have a few hours on the boat but it has been a blast, we got it in black, I was originally looking at a Scarab 165id but was not able to find any dealers near me that actually could order them, we had to drive up to Austin from Spring Branch in order to find any Jet boats at all but I'm glad we landed where we did with the AR190 the next week they sold out of all of their stock at the dealership. As a side note I also ordered a few more things to go with the boat, some optional pieces from seadek which I'm excited about. That was what drew me to the Scarab in the first place, the amount of customization and the marine mats but I'm very glad I got the Yama also holds more people for the same price 👍

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From BoatUS:

A good rule of thumb is 1/8" of rope diameter for every 9 feet of boat length. In other words, if you have a 26-foot boat, you need 3/8" line, but you should buy 1/2" rope for a 28-footer. To determine how long your anchor rode should be, multiply the deepest water you expect to anchor in by eight.

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_20200601_203633.jpg
Installed the CE guides with light caps and Ronix bumpers tonight after a day on the lake, both of the anchors held really well on the rocky bottom of our local lake

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
The boat doesn't come with an anchor, so you aren't missing out.

What kind of bottom will you be anchoring in?

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ah that's good to know and it seems to be mostly rocky near the edges of the lake where I'll be anchoring down

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_20200605_182028.jpg

New wakeboard/kneeboard combo rack and two fishing rod holders installed now

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking good! I would also recommend a spike anchor for the shore and 25’ bungee for the rear anchor. They have really allowed me to float away from rough beaches and rocks.

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you! Im modeling mine highly off of yours lol, i was looking at this shore spike this morning, which one did you go with and do you like it?

i also ordered the jetboatpilot seadek optional mat kit on may 24th but still waiting for those to come in sadly, saving up for swim platform set next then cockpit eventually

fvcoachv

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ah that's good to know and it seems to be mostly rocky near the edges of the lake where I'll be anchoring down
Thank you! Im modeling mine highly off of yours lol, i was looking at this shore spike this morning, which one did you go with and do you like it?

i also ordered the jetboatpilot seadek optional mat kit on may 24th but still waiting for those to come in sadly, saving up for swim platform set next then cockpit eventually
Yep that’s the one!

thanks I also stole a lot of ideas from a couple of these guys too. I am hoping to one day have it completed without weekly upgrades 😂

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome ill order it then thanks!

Yes some day im sure, it seems like every week a couple hundreds dollars leaves my bank and lands on the boat lol, i was lucky to find 2 wakeboards with bindings on FB market for $60 total, that was cool, everything else is piece by piece. Any tips on refueling at the pump? i cant seem to get more then half a tank on a flat pump station when trailered

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome ill order it then thanks!

Yes some day im sure, it seems like every week a couple hundreds dollars leaves my bank and lands on the boat lol, i was lucky to find 2 wakeboards with bindings on FB market for $60 total, that was cool, everything else is piece by piece. Any tips on refueling at the pump? i cant seem to get more then half a tank on a flat pump station when trailered
Fill on the lowest setting. I can’t pump on high or it kicks the pump off.