• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 AR190 anchor

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thanks ill give that a shot

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow I really like your sea deck. Can't wait to order mine in the fall. Getting a full swim deck, cockpit and optional.

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks! I like it a lot also! apparently my wife did as well bc we came back inside to watch a movie with the kids and she ordered the cockpit/swim platform combo kit for me for fathers day lol 🤙 my original plan was to wait for the group buy so she wouldn't complain about the price but i guess this works since it was her idea lol

Dutch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 121231
Installed the CE guides with light caps and Ronix bumpers tonight after a day on the lake, both of the anchors held really well on the rocky bottom of our local lake
I like the look of those guides and bumpers. I've been thinking of getting a set of those for my AR195. Which ones did you go with are they the 3ft or the 4ft and did you get the vertical guides or the slightly angled one's? Do you have a link you could share to the website where you got them from?

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank youy! They have been great, my wife has bonked into them a few times and they get a little bent but you can usually muscle them back straight enough, the link to all of items i have gotten are on the first page of this thread but here is the amazon link for the guides. I got the 40" set and it seems to be high enough for my ramp, the ronix guards didnt come in a 60" was the main factor for the sizing

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got the new Jetboatpilots marine mats installed Friday! IMG_20200710_185344.jpgIMG_20200710_185357.jpgIMG_20200710_183056.jpg

Also picked up these new transom straps from Amazon and they and so much better than the OEM ones they give you!
IMG_20200709_130316.jpg

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Coleman makes a cooler that fits under the port side bench. It sticks out a little, but two of them fit well under the seat eliminating the need for the cooler (and restores some floor space) behind the driver’s seat

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Coleman makes a cooler that fits under the port side bench. It sticks out a little, but two of them fit well under the seat eliminating the need for the cooler (and restores some floor space) behind the driver’s seat

Thanks for the tip, only $23 for the gray one, just ordered, also saw a comment about it fitting in the frunk of their model 3 so I got 2 lol!

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Congrats. What color and how’s the boat performing? Asking because the AR190 is on top of my list. Thank you.
@Sugarcharged .....if you like the 190 style look for an SX195 or AR195 then you can be Supercharged-Sugarcharged then both you and the boat will be "lit-up"! :)

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Thank y'all for the info, the box style anchor I ordered from Amazon doesn't come in until next Saturday so today I went to a few stores looking for a navy anchor and found one at Academy but they only had 10# and 20# so I got the 20 but it ended up costing $42 instead of $26 oh well I guess. Being that it is a holiday weekend I haven't been back out on the lake since Thursday when I took delivery. I didn't want to be the noob on the lake trying to learn with 100 other boats zooming around lol. I didn't think about shackles I'll definitely pick a few up thank you. I hope the box one I picked up performs well, I think my biggest concern is just losing my anchors lol, would be a shame to sink a few hundred $ 30ft down in the lake. What size/strength line do y'all recommend? The numbers seem odd to me trying to figure in the boat weight? I'm guessing it's different since it floats? @Sugarcharged I only have a few hours on the boat but it has been a blast, we got it in black, I was originally looking at a Scarab 165id but was not able to find any dealers near me that actually could order them, we had to drive up to Austin from Spring Branch in order to find any Jet boats at all but I'm glad we landed where we did with the AR190 the next week they sold out of all of their stock at the dealership. As a side note I also ordered a few more things to go with the boat, some optional pieces from seadek which I'm excited about. That was what drew me to the Scarab in the first place, the amount of customization and the marine mats but I'm very glad I got the Yama also holds more people for the same price 👍
@Remington .....congratulations. When boating don't worry about being the new kid on the block - everyone is at some point. Take your time on the launch ramp and in the water - don't let some fool rush you. Remember to approach a dock or your trailer no faster than you want to hit it (old boaters' saying). For anchoring, different anchors work better with different bottoms - you'll find a favorite for your area. As for how much rode to let out the best rule is minimum 5 feet of rode for every foot of depth for a boat your size..... you can increase this ratio in rough/wavy water. You count the depth from your boat's cleat down. Having 5 -10 feet of chain starting at the anchor is a tremendous help to the anchor as it helps it keep its set as is having an anchor swivel. Read your manual carefully with particular attention to the maintenance section (page 140, I think). Your 10 hour service is very important particularly greasing the bearing housing - there are posts on this forum regarding that (see page 136 of your manual). Change the engine oil and oil filter. I recommend you get some Yamaha grease to apply around the perimeter of your clean-out plug to stop it from binding/sticking, pages 149-150 of your manual. If you use a spray silicone instead of the grease make sure it is not a type that can cause the rubber gasket to swell - again I'd stick with a Yamaha silicone spray. Did I say read your manual carefully? Read your manual carefully!

Last edited:

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Remington .....congratulations. When boating don't worry about being the new kid on the block - everyone is at some point. Take your time on the launch ramp and in the water - don't let some fool rush you. Remember to approach a dock or your trailer no faster than you want to hit it (old boaters' saying). For anchoring, different anchors work better with different bottoms - you'll find a favorite for your area. As for how much rode to let out the best rule is minimum 5 feet of rode for every foot of depth for a boat your size..... you can increase this ratio in rough/wavy water. You count the depth from your boat's cleat down. Having 5 -10 feet of chain starting at the anchor is a tremendous help to the anchor as it helps it keep its set as is having an anchor swivel. Read your manual carefully with particular attention to the maintenance section (page 140, I think). Your 10 hour service is very important particularly greasing the bearing housing - there are posts on this forum regarding that (see page 136 of your manual). Change the engine oil and oil filter. I recommend you get some Yamaha grease to apply around the perimeter of your clean-out plug to stop it from binding/sticking, pages 149-150 of your manual. If you use a spray silicone instead of the grease make sure it is not a type that can cause the rubber gasket to swell - again I'd stick with a Yamaha silicone spray. Did I say read your manual carefully? Read your manual carefully!
Thanks for the info this is great! I ended up doing the full 10hr service myself and did do the greasing, I did not however lube the clean out plug that's a good idea, I'm currently at 38hrs and will prob take the boat to the dealership for the 50hr service just to have a pro give the boat a once over then I'll probably switch back to self servicing.

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do you have a link for the ones you bought? Thx!
Hey yes, These are the straps I got from Amazon, there where some cheaper ones that looked similar but figured I'd use the ones @Hoyt recommended and they have been great, easy install as well, about 5min per side

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had already bought the optional combo pack of seadek so when we got the cockpit swim platform combo I got an extra set of the engine step over mats in smoke gray, if anyone is interested in them I'll ship the pair for $25
Screenshot_20200712-201305.jpg

Rygoo1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey yes, These are the straps I got from Amazon, there where some cheaper ones that looked similar but figured I'd use the ones @Hoyt recommended and they have been great, easy install as well, about 5min per side
Thank you!! My originals keep wiggling loose. I’ve been looking at this style for the simplicity!

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you!! My originals keep wiggling loose. I’ve been looking at this style for the simplicity!
Mine used to do the same thing, strap them as tight as I could then drive home and they would be sagging, doesn't seem to happen anymore with these new ratchet ones

Canuckjetboater

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Mine used to do the same thing, strap them as tight as I could then drive home and they would be sagging, doesn't seem to happen anymore with these new ratchet ones
@Remington @Rygoo1 ......respectfully suggest to be careful with the ratchet straps. You can apply immense pressure with them and hook your hull. Respectfully, always remember to release the stern straps and bow roller strap if stored on trailer to avoid deforming the hull.

Remington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Remington @Rygoo1 ......respectfully suggest to be careful with the ratchet straps. You can apply immense pressure with them and hook your hull. Respectfully, always remember to release the stern straps and bow roller strap if stored on trailer to avoid deforming the hull.
Oh wow idk that was a thing, thanks for the heads up!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I run a 15lb "Navy Anchor" from Bass Pro on my '17 AR 190.

Works exceptionally well, and costs next to nothing.
Replying to my own post here.......Just trying to toss some info out for the group.

Lost my Navy Anchor on the July 4th weekend. I think it was Friday afternoon. I can't remember. Held well for the afternoon, went to leave and it was STUCK. Like super stuck. I couldn't pull it up with any amount of force I was personally capable of putting on it. SO.....I tied it through the bow eye and had the wife "hammer down" in reverse. Figured I would break the line, or free the anchor. NOPE.....BROKE THE ANCHOR......Yeap, this is all I pulled back from the deep green....

IMG_20200703_162017.jpg

At least I didn't have to worry about what to do with the extra rope left behind eh @sunbyrned ???

SO, went to the nearest anchor purchasing establishment on Saturday morning. Nothing but powdercaoted Fluke Style anchors. Figured I would give it a shot. Been 3 weeks now, and IMO, it's junk. Multiple times I've had to pull up and reset the anchor, wasn't paying as close of attention as I should have, and almost ended up on a rocky shore because of it. Maybe it's because I don't have chain on the end of it? Maybe it's the somewhat rocky bottoms we have here that it's an issue? I even attempted to pay out about 10:1 scope in 6ft of water and it wouldn't grab.

So, I'll be going back to bass pro this week and picking up a proper Navy Nachor. The weight alone seems to be enough to hold the boat in position for us. It's worked well for four seasons now, so I'm going back to it based on experience alone.

This is my 10th season as a boat owner. First time I've EVER lost an anchor. First time I've ever had an anchor "not hold" when I wanted it to, including some crowded excursions for 4th of July in years past on the Ohio River in front of the Louisville waterfront. The mushroom and navy anchors just seem to work for me here.