• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 Ford Explorer towing a Yamaha

yamadabbadoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is not an F150 limit, its a hitch limit. Owners manual does state a tongue weight. Get a real hitch (or a real truck) problem solved. My slotted spoon just broke.

JDub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I dont know what the owners manual says, I dont own one. However fords online tow guide does list max tongue weight. Google is your friend. Also, I do drive a real truck. My motto is 6 in a row makes em go. If you can figure that out then you might drive a real truck

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I dont know what the owners manual says, I dont own one. However fords online tow guide does list max tongue weight. Google is your friend. Also, I do drive a real truck. My motto is 6 in a row makes em go. If you can figure that out then you might drive a real truck
You tow with a gto?:)

yamadabbadoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
11 litres or 13?

JDub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

yamadabbadoo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Awesome! A 14 gallon oil change...

JDub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My personal truck is on 6.7 though

JDub

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have some solid stories about an inline 6 gasser but, it was a nova not a gto. Come to think about it I think it had a hitch.