• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 model information leaks

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I know I'm biased, but I don't think the current 24' lineup looks dated at all. We get compliments on how nice it looks everytime we tie up.
Same here, not only are people gawking but they are actually coming up asking to see it and talk about it and ask questions. I understand the newness and shinyness as an owner wears off over time, but to the convert (I/O to Jet) or curious they don't know much difference. I, as a Yamaha jetboat owner of a few model years, can tell you the specific differences of boats by year, can the average consumer... NO! I'm asked all the time if my boat is new, when I tell them it's a 2016 their jaw hits the deck.

I snowmobile as well and this same, exact conversation happens every year the new models release! The years there is not holistic design makeover, guys start bitching ( not suggesting @haknslash is bitching). But consumers want every new year to be a shiny new redesign, the fact is it's just too cost prohibitive for the manufacturers and the consumers.

Regardless, these boats are great and I don't necessarily agree they need a holistic makeover frequently, that would increase overall production costs that WILL get passed on. If it aint broke, don't fix it...refine it! (unless something radical comes along that massively changes the industry) I do agree there are boating segments such as dedicated wake boats they are "missing the boat" on. If you want a dedicated wake boat, Yamaha isn't your boat, too much of a PITA to make it a wake boat. Stop dicking with all the aftermarket accessories and just make a driveable out-of-the-box dedicated wake boat already!

Good news is that no new redesign should keep the used market values steady and solid!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes I’m not bitching at all. Just saying that seeing the same profile for over a decade gets a little boring no matter how flashy the graphics are. Different stokes is all. Aside from graphics and a few tweaks and refinements over the years, all but the most hardcore jetboat fan would be able to tell you the difference of a 2009 vs a 2019. See below what I mean and how close they resemble each other for over a decade (not just a couple of years)...

02090C45-2EF0-41BB-B67D-B25149189F1E.jpegCA4357D0-BE88-4E4A-BFFC-26332725C73B.jpeg

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I don’t think there should be another body style every year, but once every 3-5 years just to keep things fresh is reasonable. Same reason cars refresh every 3 years or so, just to keep thing fresh and different/interesting.

OakleyAK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
are we going to ignore the sx190 in the back of that photo of the 212x?
Looks like the SX in the background has the similar graphics to the 2019 SX195 Black, but in blue for 2020.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
62min and counting

CAM212SS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
looks like the new boats are on Yamaha's website already

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Woah what is a 195S

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looks like they just got rid of the Limited S badge and call it the S. And added the 19' version. Very nice yamaha!

OakleyAK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Basically looks like an SX195 but with a tower and nicer interior.
Looks like you get a speaker upgrade as well. Really wish the SO wanted a captains chair..

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My boat is a 2007 and I get compliments.
There's a lot to like about the previous gen. I really loved those side storage bins next to the engine hump. Good use of an otherwise wasted space the new models don't take advantage of. There's also to awesome video of it being taken out in hurricane waves flying through the air. I don't think a newer model would survive such abuse.

ptwb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There's a lot to like about the previous gen. I really loved those side storage bins next to the engine hump. Good use of an otherwise wasted space the new models don't take advantage of. There's also to awesome video of it being taken out in hurricane waves flying through the air. I don't think a newer model would survive such abuse.
I agree with you about those spaces however the 2007s don’t actually have those storage spaces. Those were on the 1st gen 230s that only lasted a few years before the 2007 redesign.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
What space is that?

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Oh look, the one thing i really wanted on my 2019 ar195, a bigger screen. Guess ill have to wait for someone to wreck one so i can snag the dash, lol

Silvershibe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don’t think there should be another body style every year, but once every 3-5 years just to keep things fresh is reasonable. Same reason cars refresh every 3 years or so, just to keep thing fresh and different/interesting.
The fact that boats don't have redesigns every 3-5 years is a big part of why they don't depreciate as fast as cars. Car level depreciation would price a lot of current boat owners out of the market. It would also drive down the max loan lengths to 72 or 84 months. That would make things much harder for consumers to buy, but would be worse for manufacturers. They would have to drastically reduce prices to make them more affordable on shorter term loans. With the average boat manufacturer's units sold per year being measured in dozens or hundreds, not thousands like cars, that would mean instant bankruptcy for many smaller brands and major financial issues for larger ones.

TL;DR: The whole boat market depends on long-term consistency.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Anyone have an idea when the 2020 manuals will be available online?