• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 model information leaks

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So it looks like another year of BNG’s :rolleyes:. I was hoping to see something new or a completely redesigned hull (not something shaped like the ugly 275 please). They’ve had this same hull shape and deck for several years now. I mean yes the hull got a slight refresh in 2015 with the addition of the keel but the overall profile of the boat and top deck could use a complete refresh and makeover IMHO. They could at least change up the gel lines instead of painting the same areas each year and slapping on different stickers. It would help change the lines up at least. The boats are starting to show their age IMO and no amount of BNG’s will hide that if they don’t innovate every 5-7 years. I know the 19’ got a refresh last year getting a little wider and longer which is great step in the right direction but the overall shape is still the same.

Kooter

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I'd like to see a wakebooster that fits boats older than 2015!

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So it looks like another year of BNG’s :rolleyes:. I was hoping to see something new or a completely redesigned hull (not something shaped like the ugly 275 please). They’ve had this same hull shape and deck for several years now. I mean yes the hull got a slight refresh in 2015 with the addition of the keel but the overall profile of the boat and top deck could use a complete refresh and makeover IMHO. They could at least change up the gel lines instead of painting the same areas each year and slapping on different stickers. It would help change the lines up at least. The boats are starting to show their age IMO and no amount of BNG’s will hide that if they don’t innovate every 5-7 years. I know the 19’ got a refresh last year getting a little wider and longer which is great step in the right direction but the overall shape is still the same.
I concur! While there's a good chance I'll end up with another Yamaha, they are starting to look dated with just new stickers and different colors.

OakleyAK

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I concur! While there's a good chance I'll end up with another Yamaha, they are starting to look dated with just new stickers and different colors.
Agree completely with this. Wish Yamaha would complete with the aesthetics of a Scarab.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I think the 27ft shape will pass down to the other models. They are only testing the water with the 27ft before radically changing their entire line up.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think the 27ft shape will pass down to the other models. They are only testing the water with the 27ft before radically changing their entire line up.
I hope you’re wrong as that design is not really well received by most people that commented on it. Even so, the new 275 still has lines below the top deck of the current hull. It doesn’t really flow well at all and in some angles looks dated just because of those reasons. The stupid window profile just doesn’t work at all IMO. Just look at the 275 behind that red 242. It looks no larger in terms of freeboard. If anything it actually looks shorter just because of how the curved window profile gives it a “chopped” look. Not a fan.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I hope you’re wrong as that design is not really well received by most people that commented on it. Even so, the new 275 still has lines below the top deck of the current hull. It doesn’t really flow well at all and in some angles looks dated just because of those reasons. The stupid window profile just doesn’t work at all IMO. Just look at the 275 behind that red 242. It looks no larger in terms of freeboard. If anything it actually looks shorter just because of how the curved window profile gives it a “chopped” look. Not a fan.
I admit that the 275 design is an expensive gamble by Yamaha. The windshield is a controversial design because it's a strong departure from current designs. We will see in a few years what happens to the new 275. Maybe it will grow on to people, or they will redesign their entire line up to take some of the design elements of the 275.

Personally, i'm not sure whether I like the 275 design or not. It's irrelevant to me because I can't afford it.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I got to see a 275 in person, and I have to say it grew on me right away. I was a naysayer but now I think she's a beauty

IndySmittyYammi

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
While I love shiny new things and major updates as much or more than anyone, I'm not surprised they aren't making major changes to the lineup yet. The current 24's are still extremely relevant, and there doesn't seem to be a demand for major changes. From what I'm hearing, in our neck of the woods at least, dealers aren't having a problem selling every new Yamaha they can get their hands on.

That said, the V-drive revolution is upon us. Five years ago at Dale Hollow we would say, "whoa, check out that wake boat" maybe once a day. Now every other boat at the marinas is a Moomba, Axis or a higher end brand. I think (or hope) Yamaha is taking 2019 and 2020 to put out their answer to the V-drives that are encroaching on their ownership of the value for performance category, i.e. - Moomba, Axis, MasterCraft NXT, etc.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know I'm biased, but I don't think the current 24' lineup looks dated at all. We get compliments on how nice it looks everytime we tie up.
Don’t get me wrong they’re still great looking boats. What I’m saying is there is not a big change from a 2009 242 to a 2020 in terms of overall hull profile and shape. Yes there have been some nice tweaks and features sprinkled in along the way but for the most part they look very similar sans tower styles obviously. On the flip side I guess that says it’s a nice timeless design that has aged well. I would just like to see them push it further while also improving the QC along the way. I was hoping 2020 would be a new model year to start off a totally new redesign but sadly we will have to wait another year at least.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don’t get me wrong they’re still great looking boats. What I’m saying is there is not a big change from a 2009 242 to a 2020 in terms of overall hull profile and shape. Yes there have been some nice tweaks and features sprinkled in along the way but for the most part they look very similar sans tower styles obviously. On the flip side I guess that says it’s a nice timeless design that has aged well. I would just like to see them push it further while also improving the QC along the way. I was hoping 2020 would be a new model year to start off a totally new redesign but sadly we will have to wait another year at least.
Right. I don't think it looks bad a all. I love my 240 but my intent has always been to update/upgrade after a few years. In my case, the 242X-E is a reasonable upgrade for the tower/bimini and features but in a general sense it's the same boat... so is it really worth it? I would like to see something newer, different, and more worth the change... I'm hoping for 2021.

Meetball

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
are we going to ignore the sx190 in the back of that photo of the 212x?

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
May want to change the tread title as not to confuse it with the inevitable 2020 model year water leaks thread. :p

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length