• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 25 foot covers

Yamahadrvr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Thanks yamahadrv! I’m afraid I won’t have a dock, I’ll be moored in the water so I guess my only option would be to finish the cover from a dingy or paddle board. I might just give the one that’s available a shot and hope it works out!
It won’t be that hard from a dingy. You can get most of it on from inside the boat. Just have to get four clips (1 each side and 2 at the transom) and 2 ratchets. From the outside.

Jeebus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It seems there are two mooring covers for the AR250, and the more expensive one is available. It clearly is longer, stretching over more of the hull and I'm wondering if anyone has tried this cover from the water? I'm actually mooring the boat so it's important I can get the cover on easily on the water. Thanks!!

Backordered (unavailable cover):

Available cover:

Thanks in advance!

I need some help here. So i spent an hour arguing with my dealer, and his parts manager about this yesterday, and this is what they are telling me.

I picked my 250 up yesterday, very disappointed that there is no cover available for it, and that they took shitty care of the stock shipping cover. I have had the mooring cover on order since september last year.

I showed them this thread, and the two covers. They said that those are both the same cover. One is canadian website, which is why the price is higher, and once is us website. They both are the same part number, they both attach the same, and that they are both back ordered.

Has anyone ordered the other cover already, was it available?

tonypetro

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah that was my mistake. The Canadian dealerships are unable to ship to the US. I don't know if that's a Covid thing or a dealership non-compete type setup but either way I am out of luck.

I went to the dealer locally and they actually sold me on a custom snap mooring cover. I'm mooring the boat and the snaps seem way easier to get the boat covered without having a dock. My concern though is leaving the gunwale unprotected as well as the swim platform. Anyone have an opinion? Friends of mine think I'd destroy the value of the boat leaving those parts exposed to the sun. But with the mooring cover, the back will be completely in the water I'd think and therefore wicking water and causing mold issues, no?

tonypetro

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice! I have an order placed with them, and also plan to have a local place make a custom snap on mooring cover when I get the boat… if I get the boat! Really hoping my deposit means they’ll actually build it!

Skyhawk223

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
I have an order with JBP but my dealer also knows that if one comes in it is mine. Hopefully soon as the shipping cover is a pain in the neck although it works. Had to hike up the sides for when the boat is in the water.

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another option. Maybe I just have an awesome dealer but they called me today and said they are scraping the Yamaha boat cover orders as they just don’t see them coming in... soo they found an alternative source locally and are offering either a custom mooring cover or snap on cover with my boat and it will be installed and ready for me to pick up the boat with it on the 23rd. They sourced it themselves and are now offering to all their customers. Said it will also be higher quality- better canvas/material and exact custom fit.

so maybe ask if your dealership can do something similar? Have them get it installed before you pick it up.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an order with JBP but my dealer also knows that if one comes in it is mine. Hopefully soon as the shipping cover is a pain in the neck although it works. Had to hike up the sides for when the boat is in the water.
The shipping cover sucks, imho, for putting on and off.... especially by yourself. Also it doesn't fold down well. I use it for winter storage. On my boat I have to take down the tower to put it on as well. The mooring cover is easy by myself, plus if I take it to the lake on the boat, it can be stuffed in a small duffel bag. When we go out on the Great Lakes, I take it in the duffel bag and store it in the Starboard Aft seat in the back, in case a rain comes up and I need to cover the boat. Also no idea how trips go so it is nice to have it along.

Last edited:

Jimmers

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just go and have a custom made snap on cover made. They are trailerable. For a SX240, mine was $995 and took 3 winter months to get.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The shipping cover sucks, imho, for putting on and off.... especially by yourself. Also it doesn't fold down well. I use it for winter storage. On my boat I have to take down the tower to put it on as well. The mooring cover is easy by myself, plus if I take it to the lake on the boat, it can be stuffed in a small duffel bag. When we go out on the Great Lakes, I take it in the duffel bag and store it in the Starboard Aft seat in the back, in case a rain comes up and I need to cover the boat. Also no idea how trips go so it is nice to have it along.
I have to see this small duffel bag that fits a 25ft cover lol

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@adrianp89

Amazon.com | COOLBEBE 47" Sports Duffle Bag - Extra Large Travel Duffel Luggage Bag with Upgrade Zipper, Durable & Water Resistant, Black | Travel Duffels

Holds my 21' footer with plenty of room to spare. I am fairly certain I could use something less than 36". I also keep towels, extra straps and the poles, deflated beach balls, and pool noodles for the window frame additionally my bow snap cover is in there as well. Unless your 25' cover is an order of magnitude bigger than mine I see no reason it won't fit.

Plus it slides back under the seat there where I can't put anything anyhow smaller since I can't reach back there all the way to get small things out.

EDIT: I use it for my Mooring Cover, not my shipping cover, which gets thrown on top of a shelf in the garage.

Last edited:

Danrich

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
So I just got my tracking number from JetBoatPilot for my 252SD cover!! I ordered mine 2/2/2021 and it should be here on Friday. For those still waiting they are starting to ship.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ordered mine but no tracking # yet. I don't get why the AR cover is more than the 252 cover? Oh well, only money right? lol
I'm glad I at least have the factory shipping cover but that sucker is a beast to put on/take off and put away. Doesn't fold very easily and I need to take the tower down to cover it.

Danrich

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I ordered mine but no tracking # yet. I don't get why the AR cover is more than the 252 cover? Oh well, only money right? lol
I'm glad I at least have the factory shipping cover but that sucker is a beast to put on/take off and put away. Doesn't fold very easily and I need to take the tower down to cover it.

Yeah they gave me the wrong shipping cover I think it’s one for the AR250. I think the ones for the 252’s are supposed to have Velcro for the tower anyways I called the dealer and he said it was the right one but it definitely wasn’t :( so I have been using a very large tarp to cover the boat. Hopefully you get yours soon!!

ugamarkj

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Mine came in finally. Ordered in November. Couldn't really get the Velcro to attach fully on the side.
CE9EDE20-B3FA-4F36-BBBC-665A1CC7D6CE.jpeg

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mine came in finally. Ordered in November. Couldn't really get the Velcro to attach fully on the side.
View attachment 150443
I think your bow rope being attached under the cover is making the cover not fully tighten to the boat leaving not enough pull on the side to get the Velcro to close. Attach that rope through the zippered area for that bow line the correct way so you can access it easier also without taking the cover off I think you will be good to go. Also it looks much more clean the rope going through there the way it is supposed to. Not sure a rope can damage the side of the boat but it’s probably really tight to the boat this way and it should be loose through that zippered area. I usually throw front part of the cover over front of boat then put lines through those zippered holes then work my way back. You may have to give a tug on rope to move a little closer to dock once you disconnect it so you can get yourself a little slack for a moment while you attach it through. Don’t drop the rope :) Congrats on the boat and cover both look awesome! One other thing to consider is when you do the ratcheting in each side to fully tighten at the end make sure each side is Velcro good first and if one side won’t close even after the fix I just mentioned for front rope you may need to loosen the ratcheting from the other side to get yourself some slack for your velcro on the side your working on. Best of luck, you got this!

Last edited:

lowd77

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
My dealer notified me on Monday that my cover came in for the 252. They said they were waiting for over a hundred covers. Every cover for 21 ft and up. Expected pallet loads of them when they came.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Damn forgot to call them today. They said the 5th. It’s probably 7/27 now lol

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Reviving thread. I've been waiting months for a 25' cover. Any luck out there for those still waiting?