• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 252se stereo upgrade

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hey guys Brainstorming how to go about this, on my 2019 242 the head unit was in the back and connex was remote, on the 252se is the opposite so now im at a dead end on how to go about this remove the ws amp and add 2 jl 700/5 plus a preamp, 2 jl tower speaker and another sub, All this was straight forward on the 2019.
so far i changed all WS 6.5 with JL m3 rgb's much better sound coming but still no adjustability way less than on my old boat. If anyone has an idea on how to rewire or add the 2 amp, please chime in. What i was thinking was to add a head unit and remote and just do a clean install.
FYI JL and WS wants you to buy their RGB controller I didnt want to spend $250 so I went to Superbrightleds.com and purchased their
  1. WCBT-RGB10 controller $50
  2. RGB4 WIRE, 4 conductor rgb power wire 100'
Save a bunch of money and works with a Bluetooth app

Attachments

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So the Connext is the head unit on the 252se? I wonder how they did that. I think that will really be problematic, then... I guess the only thing I can suggest then is cutting the speaker wires from the Connext and putting in a new HU. Not very pretty, tho...

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I severed my entire sound system from Connext on my 2019 242SE. I'm using the Wetsounds Head Unit and running everything from it. If you shell out the 200 bucks for the wet sounds LED controller, the head unit gives you a digital 4 zone display for all the lighting. It's pretty slick.

Oh and the head unit also gives you digital 4 zone control over your audio. Basically the same thing as the external zoned equalizer they sell but wrapped up into the head unit.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I severed my entire sound system from Connext on my 2019 242SE. I'm using the Wetsounds Head Unit and running everything from it. If you shell out the 200 bucks for the wet sounds LED controller, the head unit gives you a digital 4 zone display for all the lighting. It's pretty slick.

Oh and the head unit also gives you digital 4 zone control over your audio. Basically the same thing as the external zoned equalizer they sell but wrapped up into the head unit.
I redid my 2019 also didnt need to severed from the connext aas the fusion unit was the head unit pretty simple just buying a pig tail and done, not buying the ws or jl controller i got a $50 waterproof one and control everything from my phone, i guess next step is converting speakers to rca and getting rid of the junk remote and installing a jl or similar, i had already purchase a JL head unit thinking the head unit was on the back just like the 2019 :(

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Check your wheel bearings, just like the 2019 they come pretty much dry from the factory, installed fuse block to the perco switches, the ground bus is more accesible on the 2021, installed 2 fire extinguisher, didnt come with them.

Attachments

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check your wheel bearings, just like the 2019 they come pretty much dry from the factory, installed fuse block to the perco switches, the ground bus is more accesible on the 2021, installed 2 fire extinguisher, didnt come with them.
If you don't mind me asking, what is that black box with the antenna next to the fuse block?

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hey guys Brainstorming how to go about this, on my 2019 242 the head unit was in the back and connex was remote, on the 252se is the opposite so now im at a dead end on how to go about this remove the ws amp and add 2 jl 700/5 plus a preamp, 2 jl tower speaker and another sub, All this was straight forward on the 2019.
so far i changed all WS 6.5 with JL m3 rgb's much better sound coming but still no adjustability way less than on my old boat. If anyone has an idea on how to rewire or add the 2 amp, please chime in. What i was thinking was to add a head unit and remote and just do a clean install.
FYI JL and WS wants you to buy their RGB controller I didnt want to spend $250 so I went to Superbrightleds.com and purchased their
  1. WCBT-RGB10 controller $50
  2. RGB4 WIRE, 4 conductor rgb power wire 100'
Save a bunch of money and works with a Bluetooth app
Does the LED control have a "bounce with the beats" feature? I've always wondered what's the point of all these LED's if they won't actually do something. The controller they put on my boat for 2020 was junk, so I'm looking for something new.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Does the LED control have a "bounce with the beats" feature? I've always wondered what's the point of all these LED's if they won't actually do something. The controller they put on my boat for 2020 was junk, so I'm looking for something new.
The wet sounds/shadow caster 4 zone controller does.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
The wet sounds/shadow caster 4 zone controller does.
Yes it bounce and more, and i didnt want to spend $200 if i could spend $50 and have same features, i also just wanted control from my cell

Last edited: