• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 252XE left eng low RPM and battery issues

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
I know lots on both these topics but sharing my initial diagnosis and troubleshooting steps:

Had 8 total people out yesterday and left engine was topping out at 6100 RPM, right engine was at 7300 and I couldn’t get above 36mph.93BDC834-684B-4B89-91C5-3086AA742EA8.jpeg Calm waters, sea level, no other secondaries. Hooked the hose up this morning and no issues red lining the RPMs in the same motor, bucket position is first detent forward in first pic and neutral in second.
A3E5D4A5-C410-4701-B568-A7809F3DDCCD.jpeg4C051B93-6B2A-44E8-9FB2-CE55112F9F6F.jpeg
From previous posts on this, plugs, oil level, and air filter are the usual culprits. Oil level is dead center cold, gonna check on the water today.

Now for the battery. Noticed the past two times out that my gator clip air pump won’t work when attached to the house battery but will when attached to the start battery. I charge both with my Noco Charger and both show full. Went out this morning and noticed that my Connext start up screen and all the accessories won’t work unless I have both batteries switched on.. I would think the house battery would be enough for this. And my left tower speaker is intermittent, unsure if that is related. AC498D3C-3607-4B9E-AE10-417EE5D47FFF.jpeg

More to follow and will report back!

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Replacing the spark plugs on the port engine should fix your RPM issue. Connext needs both batteries on to Function, thats normal.

Joshua Miller

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252XE
Boat Length
Replacing the spark plugs on the port engine should fix your RPM issue. Connext needs both batteries on to Function, thats normal.
Ordered new plugs today. Let’s hope that’s it. Visual inspection of the clean out ports and grates underneath didn’t show anything concerning.

Anybody know if the Icon 8s fall under the YES warranty?