• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Boating Season - When will it start?

When do you expect to launch your 2021 boating season?

• Already on the water!

Votes: 18 18.0%
  • In March

Votes: 14 14.0%
  • In April

Votes: 34 34.0%
  • In May

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • June or later

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Started January 1st for me :)
Same. Good lord, if I had to wait till May...it's almost TOO hot to go boating down here in May...almost lol.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Season starts in March for this NW. Illinois Yamaha. The DW(dear wife) doesn't want to wait for the weather and water to warm up around us this year so she booked a week down south to get our season started.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Every year I say we're going to get the boat in the water by the end of March art the latest and every year since we've owned it something has come up (even if it's just weather that conspires against us) and then we're into April. Crossing our fingers for this year.

Garrett C

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am very thankful for living in Key West, but it is so damn funny when the temps are in the high 60s and the water temp is 69 (Jan/Feb this year) and ill be the only one in the water, the Conchs look at me like I am crazy. I grew up in Northern California so I love not having to swim in 50 degree water.

Sean R

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I keep a record in my goggle calendar every time we go out, I use it against the sad sacks that are jealous we have a boat. I always hear " why did you buy a boat, you only use it 2 or 3 times a year"

Last year we went out 47 times. March 27th was are first outing and Nov 22nd was the last. 2 or 3 times my ass.
20200906_124703.jpg

Zechbruder

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We went out to Lake Whitney south of Dallas/Ft. Worth on March 20th and again March 27th to jet around and burn last years gas. Water temp was 55F. We did not swim, but I was in thigh deep at the ramp. Looking forward to some solar heating.

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Boating started this past Saturday. Took the old searay out to Lake Geneva. Beautiful day, must have been 6 boats totals on the lake. 66 degrees.

Attachments

Mully262

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Boating started this past Saturday. Took the old searay out to Lake Geneva. Beautiful day, must have been 6 boats totals on the lake. 66 degrees.
Same on the Croix. I love this time of year before all the weekend try-hards show up. Getting the water practically to yourself is the best. Especially for the early season run to work out the kinks.

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Same on the Croix. I love this time of year before all the weekend try-hards show up. Getting the water practically to yourself is the best. Especially for the early season run to work out the kinks.
Exactly correct. Working out the kinks before inviting people on. Also, making sure it runs because I’m not confident my 252 fsh is coming anytime soon.

Skyhawk223

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Season is getting started in New York. Boats going in the water at the marinas but not many actively boating as of last weekend off of Long Island. Still a bit chilly with water temps in the mid 50s. Expect more activity in May.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Next Week should be a good week to start boating in Southeastern Michigan. I definitely will be out.