• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 FSH 252 Sport Thread

Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Has anyone done an annual/100hr service yet? If so, how much did it cost? I understand prices vary based on location but it will give me a good idea of the cost.

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Also make sure your head compartment door hinges are aligned square or else the following could occur.

View attachment 162681

This is the upper left corner of the head locker door.. It's hitting the helm frame and will chip if opened all the way.
Mine is doing exactly this too at the top starboard corner of the hatch. Meanwhile, along the bottom edges, the hatch protrudes 1/4'' starboard of the console base and is inset 1/4'' on the port side.

When I have time... after fixing all the other B.S. on this boat (which I'm assuming was assembled at the Yamaha factory by drunks)... my plan is to shift the hinges on the hatch by 1/4''. Worst case, I'll drill bigger holes for the hinges and then bolt the hinges onto the hatch using epoxied backing plates.

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Also added 3 and 1 transducer for side scanning . B.o.a.t. break out another thousand
Where & how did you install your Active 3-in-1 -- transom mount or flush mount? And is your structure-scan image looking good while on plane?

I have about 10 B.O.A.T.s into mine already. 😵💫

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Good to know. Is there only one bilge pump? Automatic/float switch or manual?

Thanks for your help. Also, Zackdadams, your posts on this thread have been instrumental in helping me make my decision.
FYI, if you plan on running your stereo and other standard electronics with the engines off, you still have to keep the Start battery switch on... unless you rewire them to take power from the House feed and you install a new stereo head that's independent of the CONNEXT system. 🤦‍♂️

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
do you know where the water is coming in? i checked the anchor drain on mine and it’s the same issue as other posts: the fitting ends before it gets to the compartment. My dealer said they are going to try and glue a grommet on the inside.
I mentioned in another post that water enters the helm/head closet via the holes drilled through the deck for the tower mounts.

To verify, pour a bucket of water onto the deck next to the gap where the center console meets the deck, and watch the water spill into the closet at the stainless steel footing of the tower.

I can't think of a way to seal this area effectively without taking apart the center console. (No way I'm doing this.)

Therefore, I've got Dri-Dek on the floor of the closet.

There isn't a single dry compartment on this boat. Heck, even the gunwale rod holders just pour water into their neighboring compartments. Hilariously, the rod holder next to the tackle/trash closet aims the water directly at the trash bin, so the bin fills with water when it rains or when I rinse the boat.

I purchased rod-holder drain caps and 1/4'' hose so I can reroute the water into the gunwale gutters.

Trkytrac

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello how bad is the jet wash for trolling?

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hello how bad is the jet wash for trolling?
If you troll at the lowest speed with the control-box levers set at TDE position (Thrust Directional Enhancer), part of your thrust will be directed downward, and therefore, your wake will be dirty to a few feet deep. You can push the levers forward to the next "detent," and the jet gates will move completely out of the way, at the expense of a bit of directional control.

In either case, directional control is pretty sloppy at no-wake speeds, even with the super-deluxe-magnum-elephant-ear-or-whatever-they're-called Cobra Jet fins installed. One wave or wake, or even a tiny change in windspeed, can turn you way off your line.

One tactic that others have described here is to use your trolling motor to keep your bow pointed along a designated line (a good reason to network your motor to your MFD and use autopilot) while your jets push you forward.

Before I bought my 255 FSH, I had an AR210. I always trolled using planers so I could get my lures down to the appropriate depth below the boat, out of the way of the wake, with less line out.

Trkytrac

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ok thanks. Just moved to south Florida and it seems high speed trolling is the thing here.

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Does anyone know how good my chances are at actually getting a 2022 252 fsh sport by summer of next year? I was told I am number 15th in line with the deposit I made on September 1st 2021.
I ordered mine sep 1, 2021. It took 11 months to come in.

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Is anyone having issues with drainage in the console/head storage compartment? Mine drains very slowly and pools.

also, what does your capacity sticker say on weight capacity? Mine is 12 passengers, 2200 lb. Yamaha literature says 2700 lbs.

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My mooring cover finally came in this week. Had to wait a couple months for it, but I was pleasantly surprised how well it works. Fairly easy to put on. Only thing is that it doesn’t fully cover up the console where the cup holders are. I’ll have to add some smaller tarp around that portion to keep any hard rain from getting there.

Attachments

Tszalkai

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Hi,
I have a couple of questions. I am getting an average of 2.1GPM on my 252 around 28-30mph. Everyone getting similar numbers? My starboard engine runs a lot rougher than the port side….
Also anybody having difficulties with loading the boat on the trailer? The boat does not center itself well and if the ramp a little steep than the the hook catches the lower bow roller making it impossible to winch the boat up below the top bow roller.
And of course I also have water in the bilge after each use…
Thanks!
Quick update: the engine vibration was caused by my starboard engine being misaligned with the jet pump,it destroyed the coupling.The boat will sit in the shop for a month waiting for parts. Yamaha also took their sweet time approving the work.
Not a super happy customer. I also found 5 screws in my bilge. Poor building quality.

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Quick update: the engine vibration was caused by my starboard engine being misaligned with the jet pump,it destroyed the coupling.The boat will sit in the shop for a month waiting for parts. Yamaha also took their sweet time approving the work.
Not a super happy customer. I also found 5 screws in my bilge. Poor building quality.
Dang! I hope the engine & coupling get sorted by November.

5 screws? That's it? So far, I've pulled countless screws, washers, tie wraps, discarded fiberglass "disks" from the various holes cut into the hull, lots of metal shavings (probably from the T-top and gas-tank mounts), and even a friggin' SCREWDRIVER from below. Also, when I wired my T-top for radar, GPS compass, radio, etc., I could see a ton of debris on top of the fuel tank in the gap between the deck and the tank.

I still haven't named my boat... but my son and I have a shortlist of names that we're considering. We often joke that we should just call it Piece of Sh__.

I could go on and on about what an absolute nightmare it's been fixing all the things that I keep finding wrong with this boat.

TexAg-00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

5 screws? That's it? So far, I've pulled countless screws, washers, tie wraps, discarded fiberglass "disks" from the various holes cut into the hull, lots of metal shavings (probably from the T-top and gas-tank mounts), and even a friggin' SCREWDRIVER from below. Also, when I wired my T-top for radar, GPS compass, radio, etc., I could see a ton of debris on top of the fuel tank in the gap between the deck and the tank.

I still haven't named my boat... but my son and I have a shortlist of names that we're considering. We often joke that we should just call it Piece of Sh__.

I could go on and on about what an absolute nightmare it's been fixing all the things that I keep finding wrong with this boat.
Dang man - that sucks! I've got the 255 FSH Sport E and nary an issue so far... maybe I've been lucky! I only have 18 hours on her but still... I think major gremlins would've appeared by now.

Quick question for ya - so you're wiring the hardtop yourself? Are you putting a VHF in that upper recess area? Curious to hear more about your project(s) up top.

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

out of curiosity, what date did your boat get to the dealer.

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Dang man - that sucks! I've got the 255 FSH Sport E and nary an issue so far... maybe I've been lucky! I only have 18 hours on her but still... I think major gremlins would've appeared by now.

Quick question for ya - so you're wiring the hardtop yourself? Are you putting a VHF in that upper recess area? Curious to hear more about your project(s) up top.
I’m planning to put a vhf in the upper recess. It looks pretty straightforward. The only potential challenge might be fishing the wires down. But the anchor light wires are up there already, so there’s definitely a path. I was hoping to have it in this year but our season is almost up, so I’ll wait till next year.

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Btw, no issues with boat. only mod so far is that I just replaced the seal on the engine cover with better automotive type seal. I haven’t run it yet, but expect to reduce some noise from the engine compartment. The stock seal does a poor job sealing, so there are gaps (especially in the front) that allow engine noise to get out. i’ll post some pics later. I’m hoping to take the boat out this weekend if weather and waves permit.

TexAg-00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Btw, no issues with boat. only mod so far is that I just replaced the seal on the engine cover with better automotive type seal. I haven’t run it yet, but expect to reduce some noise from the engine compartment. The stock seal does a poor job sealing, so there are gaps (especially in the front) that allow engine noise to get out. i’ll post some pics later. I’m hoping to take the boat out this weekend if weather and waves permit.
that sounds like and awesome add… curious to get your opinion on how well it works. Probably my biggest (and really only) complaint is the noise when you’re on throttle. I can live with it but damn it’s loud. Any reduction would be welcomed. Other than that though, I absolutely love this boat.