• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 FSH 252 Sport Thread

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you guys use the factory mount? I had mine mounted at the dealer, using factory mount and aftermarket quick release and the flex in the mount is scary. Bouncing on waves it is already scratching the boat where it “V”s down from the flat part. I’m going to support it with an additional plate when my hdpe comes in.
When I saw the factory mount for the FSH 255, I literally laughed at how unsubstantial it is!

My plan is to use the ShuttleSlide UHD mount that I originally purchased for my AR210.

Plus, I want to mount my MotorGuide on the starboard side, because the configuration of my dock requires me to board my boat at the bow port-side, right where the factory mount would go.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I saw the factory mount for the FSH 255, I literally laughed at how unsubstantial it is!

My plan is to use the ShuttleSlide UHD mount that I originally purchased for my AR210.

Plus, I want to mount my MotorGuide on the starboard side, because the configuration of my dock requires me to board my boat at the bow port-side, right where the factory mount would go.
Not sure if you mentioned it before or if it was someone else here. When I was building mine, I actually did go look at the ShuttleSlide. It looked outstanding. At first I didn't know, but then I really wanted to get it and try it out. I got the spec sheet and created a template. I just couldn't figure out how to mount it to the bow gunwale. Only spot would be the Anchor locker lid but I wanted to stay away from that. Figured if I ever switch out to the FSH someday that will be going on for sure. Wish the my boat had a flatter aligned bow gunwale.

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not sure if you mentioned it before or if it was someone else here. When I was building mine, I actually did go look at the ShuttleSlide. It looked outstanding. At first I didn't know, but then I really wanted to get it and try it out. I got the spec sheet and created a template. I just couldn't figure out how to mount it to the bow gunwale. Only spot would be the Anchor locker lid but I wanted to stay away from that. Figured if I ever switch out to the FSH someday that will be going on for sure. Wish the my boat had a flatter aligned bow gunwale.
I had pulled out my AR210's ladder, and I was in the middle of machining wedges to level the ShuttleSlide where the ladder normally sits on the flat area of the anchor locker... when I got the call from my salesperson that my FSH 255 Sport E (which I had ordered the first week of Aug 2020) had finally arrived.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had pulled out my AR210's ladder, and I was in the middle of machining wedges to level the ShuttleSlide where the ladder normally sits on the flat area of the anchor locker... when I got the call from my salesperson that my FSH 255 Sport E (which I had ordered the first week of Aug 2020) had finally arrived.

Sweet. You will enjoy it.

MilesPrower

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sweet. You will enjoy it.
Thanks!

It's actually still sitting inside my dealer's warehouse. My dealer received the boat a month ago, but it was missing parts and paperwork, due to the Yamaha factory being understaffed. My dealer was able to slap everything together last week and sea trial it, but I decided to wait out Tropical Storm Fred before finalizing the purchase.

I've inspected the boat twice after the dealer received it, and I'll inspect it one more time before I hand over my money. To be honest, I don't have high hopes in regards to the manufacturing quality. There are several reasons why Yamaha boats are so affordable, and one of them is because they're manufactured by careless and poorly skilled workers. My AR210 had countless factory mistakes when I purchased it.

My nearest dock neighbors have Grady White, Invincible, Regulator, and Cape Horn boats -- and the difference in quality between their boats and my Yamaha is striking... as it should be, considering my Yamaha cost me a small fraction of what those other boats are worth!

GrampaDoug

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My 252 came with a cover, specific Yamaha branded item. It hasnt been out of the box yet, my boat stays in the garage if not on the water. Ive seen one on the 252 at the dealer and its huge. The box weighs a metric ton! :) I can get you a SKU and picture of the box if you want?

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So I've been researching coolers to put on my boat.
I've looked at basically every brand: Yeti, Rtic, etc.

My current cooler is a 85 quart from Walmart.
It was around $200 and supposedly holds ice for 7 days LOL.
I have not been happy with the performance.
I'm lucky to get 1, maybe 2 days of ice out of it.

After a lot of measuring of the clearances and investigating all the sizes available from each brand, I decided to go with an Engel 85.

Should be arriving today, and I'll post some pictures.

sleili

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
So I've been researching coolers to put on my boat.
I've looked at basically every brand: Yeti, Rtic, etc.

My current cooler is a 85 quart from Walmart.
It was around $200 and supposedly holds ice for 7 days LOL.
I have not been happy with the performance.
I'm lucky to get 1, maybe 2 days of ice out of it.

After a lot of measuring of the clearances and investigating all the sizes available from each brand, I decided to go with an Engel 85.

Should be arriving today, and I'll post some pictures.
I’ll be interested to see the fit! I have an older yeti that I think will do the trick there as well. Do you plan on putting in a sliding mechanism? I’ve been wondering whether or not that would be feasible with the distance between the back of the bench and the rear seats.

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No I'm not going to do any sort of sliding mechanism and from my measurements I think that it will fit just fine.

Also just ordered the divider that goes on the inside of the cooler.

I'll post some pictures as soon as I get it installed.

PerkDaddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No I'm not going to do any sort of sliding mechanism and from my measurements I think that it will fit just fine.

Also just ordered the divider that goes on the inside of the cooler.

I'll post some pictures as soon as I get it installed.
I've been using a 77qt Lifetime that I got from WalMart. It's performed well during my offshore day trips but I haven't tested it past 24 hours of use. We're planning some spoil island camping once the weather cools down a bit, so 2-3 days of ice retention is a must.

I'll be interest in how your Engel performs. I still have the 44qt Engel that came with the boat, but never used it since it's just too small to hold everyone's fishing related beverages. 🍻

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have the 45qt version of that Engel on my 210 FSH, it could use slightly longer feet then it'd be easier to get in and out of the under seat area, but it holds ice forever, it's built like a tank. Love it!

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The 45 quart Engel that came with the boat is an awesome cooler, and I think I may want to start bringing it as well as my big one.

I usually have about eight people on the boat, so that's a lot of drinks plus we bring food, usually to grill.

I'm thinking I'll put it up front.
So I ordered a seadek like top, a divider, and a basket for it.
That way someone can sit or stand on it if needed, and it'll keep the lunch meat up out of the ice.

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The Engel 85 fits perfectly.

I filled it up with ice yesterday.
Let's see how long it lasts.

Attachments

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The Engel 85 fits perfectly.

I filled it up with ice.
Let's see how long it lasts.
Looks like you are getting your boated sorted out Zack! I see all the horizontal rod holders are full in these recent pictures!

Now that you’ve had the boat for a while, how are you liking the boat overall, and what do you like the most about it?

LJBuzz

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Took mine out for the second time yesterday. I launched from Ballard Park in Melbourne FL, drove south to Sebastian Inlet, then out to the wide Atlantic. The boat did great and everyone had a blast. Trolled and bottom fished but only had one keeper in the end. A Minn Kota would have been ideal for parking over reefs instead of guesstimating anchoring positions to drift back over the fishing spots.
Nice boat

Acidsniper

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
4 days later, Engel 85 is still half full of ice.
Pretty impressed.

I was able to scoop out enough to fill my Engel 45.
Nice! Was it just ice the whole time with the lid closed or were you in and out of it at all?