• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 FSH 252 Sport Thread

Tpowie12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Finally got my Motorguide 72" shaft xI5 mounted super quiet . Tried it out this weekend held 2 boats in place for over 3 hrs 15mph winds and pretty rough out
Two questions: Do you have the xi5 linked to the Simrad? How long of a shaft did you get?

Tpowie12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Two questions: Do you have the xi5 linked to the Simrad? How long of a shaft did you get?
Just saw the 72", sorry! Are you happy with that length?

Rebel42668

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just saw the 72", sorry! Are you happy with that length?
72"shaft and I have not hooked it up to simrad yet . Yes it leaves me alot of extra in case of waves . Might hook it up to simrad at later date

PerkDaddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Finally got my Motorguide 72" shaft xI5 mounted super quiet . Tried it out this weekend held 2 boats in place for over 3 hrs 15mph winds and pretty rough out
That's awesome to hear. Mine was delivered today. I'm still gathering the other parts for the install. Did you go AGM or LiFePO4 for the batteries? I'm wondering if the ~100lb weight savings is worth the extra cost.

Attachments

Rebel42668

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That's awesome to hear. Mine was delivered today. I'm still gathering the other parts for the install. Did you go AGM or LiFePO4 for the batteries? I'm wondering if the ~100lb weight savings is worth the extra cost.
I bought the lifepo4 . Totally worth it to me already have 6 hrs on it and still shows full

Tpowie12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Where have you guys purchased your xi5's? I've been looking around but find they're out of stock everywhere I've looked.

PerkDaddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Where have you guys purchased your xi5's? I've been looking around but find they're out of stock everywhere I've looked.

I ordered mine yesterday and got it today. Granted I’m only a couple of hours from them.

Tpowie12

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length

I ordered mine yesterday and got it today. Granted I’m only a couple of hours from them.
Awesome- thanks! Does this have the pinpoint GPS?

Hmkingsley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congrats! I just picked up the same one and am heading out to St. Augustine this weekend for the maiden voyage (besides lake test run with dealer). The power is insane!
I’m in Jax and have been thinking about heading out the st. Aug inlet vs the St. John’s… how far off shore is decent bottom fishing?

JEFSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I’m in Jax and have been thinking about heading out the st. Aug inlet vs the St. John’s… how far off shore is decent bottom fishing?
So bummed as we were supposed to go out with my friend’s dad who lives there but he got hurt and had to bail So afraid i don’t know the answer

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
One of my tower speakers has been having issues, and it looks like it's blown.

Just ordered some Wet Sounds 6-SWW's to install in my tower.
Picked up a 100x2@4Ohm Amp to pair with them.
I'll post an installation when I'm done.

GrampaDoug

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Awesome- thanks! Does this have the pinpoint GPS?
Did you guys use the factory mount? I had mine mounted at the dealer, using factory mount and aftermarket quick release and the flex in the mount is scary. Bouncing on waves it is already scratching the boat where it “V”s down from the flat part. I’m going to support it with an additional plate when my hdpe comes in.

Attachments

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
This is the reason I posted earlier, my dealer showed me how flexible the factory Mount is and is custom making heavy duty mounts for trolling motors.

He has one ordered for me but it's currently back ordered but has a mount ready for me.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Zackdadams Would be interesting in seeing the pics of the custom mount and the material shape and thickness. I would assume you will be using 110# thrust?

PerkDaddy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you guys use the factory mount? I had mine mounted at the dealer, using factory mount and aftermarket quick release and the flex in the mount is scary. Bouncing on waves it is already scratching the boat where it “V”s down from the flat part. I’m going to support it with an additional plate when my hdpe comes in.
Yikes! I was planning to use the factory bracket with the MotorGuide quick disconnect. So it's the factory bracket itself that's flexing?