• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 FSH 252 Sport Thread

bulldog2009

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just came back from Galveston offshore fishing the rigs did great 3-4 footers handled it like a boss
I am new to the site and have a FSH255E on order. concerned about ocean performance because that is where I will be using the boat the most. sounds like you have had no issues??? can you offer some color possibly??? thanks

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just got in.
Was 25 miles offshore.
I did 42mph going out.

5ft swells coming in with a cross wind.
Had to do 15-20 mph whole time, but the boat handled great.
Very impressed. 🌊🌊🌊🌊

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My head storage does not drain either.. Just a constant puddle in front of the drain. Does this flow to the engine compartment..
do you know where the water is coming in? i checked the anchor drain on mine and it’s the same issue as other posts: the fitting ends before it gets to the compartment. My dealer said they are going to try and glue a grommet on the inside.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

YamSport

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Does the depth finder calculate the depth from the transducer?

Rebel42668

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am new to the site and have a FSH255E on order. concerned about ocean performance because that is where I will be using the boat the most. sounds like you have had no issues??? can you offer some color possibly??? thanks
Not much to add . Boat handled 3-4 foot rollers well corrected itself without issue. fuel was 2mpg running 25-30 out and 15-25 back . @ days in a row used about 50% of tank . Wish I had my Trolling motor hooked up would have made it alot easier on the captain . Had 6 adults on board 4 being over 200lb 2 large coolers and live wells full of bait .

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not much to add . Boat handled 3-4 foot rollers well corrected itself without issue. fuel was 2mpg running 25-30 out and 15-25 back . @ days in a row used about 50% of tank . Wish I had my Trolling motor hooked up would have made it alot easier on the captain . Had 6 adults on board 4 being over 200lb 2 large coolers and live wells full of bait .
Sounds like your boat is pretty awesome! Glad to hear it!

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Got the boat Tuesday! Shout out to team winnebagoland in Oshkosh. fantastic working with Troy, Mike, and Todd. i highly recommend them. No hassles with anything, pricing was still from the august 2020 promotion.

took the boat twice so far. first time in Lake Michigan, second in lake Geneva. It handles like a charm. Went out about 3-4 miles offshore, not too far. It just slices through 1-2 foot waves. Very smooth ride.
This is my first time with a jet boat, so I also practiced slow speed maneuvering and docking. After playing around with the throttle levers and wake speed button, this is far superior to the single engine I/o I’m used to. I think it handles slow speeds and docking like a charm.

overall, it’s an unbelievable boat. Extremely happy I chose it.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Drag Fantastic. They are very nice boats. I am envious! :) Bizarre how they are still delivering some 2021's and 2022's are being delivered right now as well. It is awesome you got last years price, since it appears that the 2022's are no different except for color and a good bump in price.

Ccarhart52

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
So we had 4 people on board today with a hard port side lean basically the whole time… any suggestions?

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Drag Fantastic. They are very nice boats. I am envious! :) Bizarre how they are still delivering some 2021's and 2022's are being delivered right now as well. It is awesome you got last years price, since it appears that the 2022's are no different except for color and a good bump in price.
Picture of 2022 FSH 252 in Sea Glass color.
very nice

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So we had 4 people on board today with a hard port side lean basically the whole time… any suggestions?
Trim tabs would aleaviate that problem. I noticed some leaning when I had 3 on. Interesting thought though, you could use the front and rear live wells to balance things out. Next time I’m out, I may try that.

Drag

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I‘m still trying to figure out the best setup for storage. Right now, I’m using the aft port storage to keep my fenders, ropes, flares, and my life vest. It’s easy access when I first get on. Keeping all the cushions below the console. Definitely will have to find some containers for under rear seats to make that usable.

how is everyone else using their storage?

Tszalkai

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Hi,
I have a couple of questions. I am getting an average of 2.1GPM on my 252 around 28-30mph. Everyone getting similar numbers? My starboard engine runs a lot rougher than the port side….
Also anybody having difficulties with loading the boat on the trailer? The boat does not center itself well and if the ramp a little steep than the the hook catches the lower bow roller making it impossible to winch the boat up below the top bow roller.
And of course I also have water in the bilge after each use…
Thanks!

JEFSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Don’t forget about the freshwater tank, i always keep mine full and i haven’t had any leaning issues when the weight is evenly distributed

YamSport

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My bow fish locker will not drain.. If I put a hose on it, it will drain through the hull, but the water stays entirely above the drain fitting. I had to manually remove the water.. Is there an explanation for this?