• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Shelbyville

Yamagirl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
1614562002839.png

Normally a photo of last years fun sits in this spot, unfortunately any photos of last year have been quarantined.

Can you believe it, we skipped lucky 13 and went straight to 14! This will be the 14th Annual (yes we are still calling it annual) Friends & Family Boaters Gathering. and yes we are calling it number 14 because there was still some families that gathered last year in Shelbyvilles name , allowing us to skip right over number 13 as a group.

So... It's SHELBYVILLE time again!! To the new members, we welcome you and cannot wait to make amazing memories on and off the water. I'm confident you will make this a priority in your summer adventures. This will be our 4th year attending, first year planning it! I have some VERY big shoes to fill (and not just because Neil wears a size 13...or close to it!) Ugh, the anxiety to please and not bomb this year is overwhelming however I feel I have assembled an amazing team so far. If you would like to participate behind the scenes or have any suggestions please feel free to contact me. Looking forward to another great year, now bring on the sun!

The Place: Lake Shelbyville, Illinois
The Dates: Wednesday, July 28, 2021 - Sunday, Aug 1, 2021

In the past, most of the participants have stayed at Lithia Resort ( Lithia Resort Home Page ) which is 1/4 mile from a public launch and the Lithia Springs Marina (Lithia Springs Marina Lake Shelbyville Shelbyville IL ), where you can rent a slip for the weekend (NOW TAKING RESERVATIONS). We will keep the running list of committed crews within this first post.

Boaters I assume will attend based on 2019 attendance (let me know if I should remove you and what your 2021 accommodations are):

Tentative:

1 - @Yamagirl, @Brian eilrich- Tues-Sun- Lithia room #4-2021 CONFIRMED
2 - @BigAbe75 - Wed - Sun - Lithia Resort Camper spot
3 - @Speedling - camping site 1 Fri-Sun-2021 CONFIRMED
4 - @RiverRat Thu - Mon - Lincoln Log Cabin 4-2021 CONFIRMED
5 - @mattschepker
6 - @CAP44 - Thu - Sun - White Pine Cabin #2-2021 CONFIRMED
7 - @2kwik4u
8 - @SCP1 - Thu - Sun - Lithia Lincoln Log #6-2021 CONFIRMED
9 - @JC6275 - Thu - Sun - Lithia Motel #5
10 - @scot71
11 - @bobbie
12 - @Bizywk-Lithia Motel Room 10-Wed-Sun-2021-CONFIRMED
13 - @jcyamaharider , @jcyamahariders wife
14 - @pumps and hose -Duck Cabin-Mon-Mon-2021 CONFIRMED
15 - @JCampbell - 2021 CONFIRMED
16 - @trace - Own House
17 - @MutherTucker Sun - Sun - Own House-2021 CONFIRMED
18 - @yam230 Thu - Sun - Lithia Vaca Rental-2021 CONFIRMED
19 - @Don & Leslie Barton Thu - Sun - Our Old House
20 - @Nickp98 - Thu - Sun @ Lithia Red Oak Cabin #1
21 - Melinda and Shawn (friend's of MutherTucker) - Wed - Sun???? - Own House
22 - @Wake08 - Sun-Sun-Houseboat-2021 CONFIRMED
23 - Darren & Ivanna (jcampbell's inlaws)
24 - @Milwmarc - Lithia Motel Room 12-2021 CONFIRMED
25 - @RxH2O - Wed - Sun - Lithia Motel #7
26 - USER=40]@Impelled[/USER][/USER]
27 - @Scott Huse & @Teri Huse-Wed-Sun-Blue Spruce Cabin-2021 CONFIRMED
28 - @007
29 - @Blkrvrbart - Sun - own home
30 - @buckbuck - Wed - Sun - Cedar Cabin
31 - @Cody Johnson - ??
32 - @Nathan Bryant - Fri - Sunday - Gregory's
33 - @aarons1k Lincoln Log Cabin #6 Mon - Mon-2021 CONFIRMED
34 - @Lynn Owens - Own Home-2021 CONFIRMED
35 - @Boat Crazy - Wed - Sun - Lithia Motel #2
36 - @Sheboat - Wed - Sun - Lincoln log #7
37 - Bill W- Wed - Sun - Lincoln log #7
38 - @CarFanatic -??
39 - @IndySmittyYammi -??
40 - @Tim Piroli -??
41 - @Walt McCree -??

Last edited:

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey.....UMMMM would we STILL be invited if we don't have a Yamaha? We are going with a Full Tige 21 foot 2020 Surf boat we just bought a week ago. My 2020 Yamaha Limited goes up sometime in the next month for sale. Still think this would be fun group to hang and surf with since we LOVE yammies.

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Can't wait for Summer! It has been 3 years since we have been to Shelbyville and the whole family is excited to see our extended Yamaha family. We are staying in the Blue Spruce Cabin, Haven't decided if we coming Wed or Thu through Sunday.

If you need any help with planning please ask, I'll be happy to help!

See you all there!

Last edited:

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Confirmed for the dates, we will be in Lincoln log # 6.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hey.....UMMMM would we STILL be invited if we don't have a Yamaha? We are going with a Full Tige 21 foot 2020 Surf boat we just bought a week ago. My 2020 Yamaha Limited goes up sometime in the next month for sale. Still think this would be fun group to hang and surf with since we LOVE yammies.
Funny I was actually going to reach out to you and personally invite you yesterday (to let you know your still welcome to come with a Tige), there are a bunch of people that have went to the dark side and still come. Lol, if we didn't boat on the river we would be joining the dark side as well, maybe some day when the kids get older. Also FYI, I was drolling over a Tige yesterday in the showroom! Jeff has a Tige as well who always comes, so we can make sure you guys can talk cool boats. :winkingthumbsup"

Last edited:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Put us down as a maybe again this year. Oldest turns 10 on the 28th, so it's somewhat his call for the weekend. Have a family event the weekend before, and school starts on the 3rd this year.

If we do make it up, we'll most likely stay with my parents in Charleston, IL and just drive over for the day trips......Maybe. Have to see how camping goes in the early summer trips this year before we commit to doing that all summer.

I can say with 100% certainty that I miss meeting my "internet friends". While I've not met anyone else from the boards in person (interestingly enough, except for @swatski's wife.....long story), I feel a certain sense of friendship here that I haven't had on other boards in some time. I used to be (a decade ago or longer) really big into the S-10 and Syclone/Typhoon message boards, and went to all kinds of regional and national events. Met a TON of great people along the way, and can easily say those were some of the best times I've had. Or goal is to try to make at least one meetup this year, if not more. Hopefully make some new friends (or at least meet them in person) as well!

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Looks like fun but that's a haul from Central Wisconsin!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looks like fun but that's a haul from Central Wisconsin!
There are enough on here we should plan a Wisconsin get together as well. It wouldn't have to be anymore that a meet up Friday night and have Saturday and Sunday to boat.

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
There are enough on here we should plan a Wisconsin get together as well. It wouldn't have to be anymore that a meet up Friday night and have Saturday and Sunday to boat.
If it were on the Lake Winnebago chain count me in. :)

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If it were on the Lake Winnebago chain count me in. :)
Sounds like a good place to me, we were thinking of either going there or back to Green Bay this summer. We went to a Wave Pointe Marina last year and loved it up there, was thinking of going every year but have also been discussing the Winnebago chain.