• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Shelbyville

RampRage

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Unfortunately we will not be able to make it this year.

yam230

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds awesome and THANK YOU!!
We will be coming Thursday-Sunday and staying at the Lithia Springs Vacation Rental. Please let us know if we can help in anyway. Looking forward to it :)

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
We have had to cancel our trip this year. Sorry but our room is up for grabs Room 6 we had it thu- sun Lithia Resort

Yamagirl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Good morning Shelbyville crew! As the weather starts to (finally) turn, getting out on the water to fill my soul comes a priority! I know it does to you all as well. I cant wait to see all of your smiling faces in July!!! It is fast approaching and we need some numbers people :) I have started to update the tentative list (first post on this thread) Please check the dates and location we have you down for. If you are new to the group, welcome! we need the numbers for the banquet caterer and other activities planned. Please let us know if we have the correct info down. SCP1 is putting all of the info together that we need for the Army Corp. so he will be reaching out to get serial numbers ect...

A peek at the schedule...

This year we are going to do a s'mores night wednesday evening for whomever is in town then (and yes this was 100% my kids idea! :p ) We will be doing it in the Lithia Springs Common Area. Bring some dogs to roast if you want to-totally casual. We want the kids to get to know one another better, play games and hang.
Thursday night is mexican-yummm!
Friday water sports/meet up in a bay, banquet in evening.
Saturday water sports/meet up in a bay/games, bon fire in commons area, yard games.

A confirmed schedule will come out closer to the date.
If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to let me know. Also, have a fun outdoor game? bring it!

dbfl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wish my wife and I could make it - I grew up in central IL and we're visiting family there this year at the start of July. Pulling our boat there and back I calculated would cost $200 more in gas, so we're renting a pontoon from the Lithia Springs marina for the day, on Jul. 3.

Any recommendations on good spots to go or places to avoid on Lake Shelbyville?

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Good morning Shelbyville crew! As the weather starts to (finally) turn, getting out on the water to fill my soul comes a priority! I know it does to you all as well. I cant wait to see all of your smiling faces in July!!! It is fast approaching and we need some numbers people :) I have started to update the tentative list (first post on this thread) Please check the dates and location we have you down for. If you are new to the group, welcome! we need the numbers for the banquet caterer and other activities planned. Please let us know if we have the correct info down. SCP1 is putting all of the info together that we need for the Army Corp. so he will be reaching out to get serial numbers ect...

A peek at the schedule...

This year we are going to do a s'mores night wednesday evening for whomever is in town then (and yes this was 100% my kids idea! :p ) We will be doing it in the Lithia Springs Common Area. Bring some dogs to roast if you want to-totally casual. We want the kids to get to know one another better, play games and hang.
Thursday night is mexican-yummm!
Friday water sports/meet up in a bay, banquet in evening.
Saturday water sports/meet up in a bay/games, bon fire in commons area, yard games.

A confirmed schedule will come out closer to the date.
If anyone has any suggestions please feel free to let me know. Also, have a fun outdoor game? bring it!
Confirm us for Thursday through Monday in LL 4.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Wish my wife and I could make it - I grew up in central IL and we're visiting family there this year at the start of July. Pulling our boat there and back I calculated would cost $200 more in gas, so we're renting a pontoon from the Lithia Springs marina for the day, on Jul. 3.

Any recommendations on good spots to go or places to avoid on Lake Shelbyville?
Not sure of anything to avoid, other than the restricted area by the dam. Not sure how much running you want to do/ how much fuel you want to burn, but area 5 is a pretty cool cove to hang out in. Area 3 is as well, and where most of us Jetboaters hang out. The North End by Sullivan is a nice place to grab some food and some tasty beverages, but it is a haul from Lithia. All the way at the top of the lake pretty much.

Also, just sayin but I did trailer my boat from Milwaukee to Gulf Shores Alabama for about 6 hours of water time 2 years ago. Totally worth it.

adamncincy

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man, I'm only 4.5 hours away 🤔 this or Torch Lake????

Yamagirl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Ummm, here-duhhh! 😂
Seriously though, the shelbyville gathering is one that our family looks forward to every year. Just a real fun bunch that loves playing on the water with family and friends.

Wake08

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We will be there the entire week staying on our house boat. We probably will not make it to the Friday night dinner.

Yamagirl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We will be there the entire week staying on our house boat. We probably will not make it to the Friday night dinner.
That’s awesome you can join us all on the water! Hopefully you guys can swing Friday night😉

hapyfishrmn

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is the closest meet up possible for me being in central Illinois. My wife plans a camping & canoe trip this week every year that I loath, plus it's always over my birthday. We bought our boat in Shelbyville and plan on camping again there this summer, a great place.
Even though I'm not near a frequent poster as many of you. I have read so many of your post and topics even when I couldn't provide value but was just interested. I feel in many ways I get your sense of humor and would love just to see your boats and modifications.
Maybe I can convince her next year... can't say I'll be reading the thread how awesome Shelby was again this year.