• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Lake Shelbyville Gathering July 27 - July 31 2022

DennyB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Just found this gathering & forum while looking online for information about Lake Shelbyville. Only boated there once, any additional info about the meet up is appreciated since we are def newbies to the forum. Jet boat owner for 15 years;)

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
It goes something like this, water sports, raft ups, good people, prizes from sponsors, hanging around at Lithia after the day on the water, and Yamaha boats. I will send out the rafting locations closer to the date as I need to put in for the rafting permit. Thinking paddle board races this year as well.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
OK team, we're super late to committing to the event. Our oldest turns 11 on the 28th, so we've been wishy/washy on committing since we didn't have his plans lined out just yet.

Looking at Lithia Springs Campground and Lithia Resort, it looks like everything is already booked. There are some campsites available on Friday night and some available on Saturday night, but we would prefer to not have to move in the middle of the day to make that happen.

We're IN.......IF.......we can find a place to stay Fri/Sat night. I have family in Charleston, IL that can cover Thursday night, but we would prefer to be closer to the group on Fri/Sat if possible. 2-Adults, 2-Kids, 1-dog (We can board the dog if needed, but if we're camping, we'll bring her). The resort is already closed for today so I can't call to ask about cancellations (I intend to do that tomorrow). Not really certain what other options are around that area that still lets us participate in the event, but not be stuck in a hotel nearby (our last choice).

Anyone have any thoughts for some last minute planners?!?!

@SCP1 @Yamagirl Any thoughts?

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
OK team, we're super late to committing to the event. Our oldest turns 11 on the 28th, so we've been wishy/washy on committing since we didn't have his plans lined out just yet.

Looking at Lithia Springs Campground and Lithia Resort, it looks like everything is already booked. There are some campsites available on Friday night and some available on Saturday night, but we would prefer to not have to move in the middle of the day to make that happen.

We're IN.......IF.......we can find a place to stay Fri/Sat night. I have family in Charleston, IL that can cover Thursday night, but we would prefer to be closer to the group on Fri/Sat if possible. 2-Adults, 2-Kids, 1-dog (We can board the dog if needed, but if we're camping, we'll bring her). The resort is already closed for today so I can't call to ask about cancellations (I intend to do that tomorrow). Not really certain what other options are around that area that still lets us participate in the event, but not be stuck in a hotel nearby (our last choice).

Anyone have any thoughts for some last minute planners?!?!

@SCP1 @Yamagirl Any thoughts?
Give me a call tomorrow, anytime. I just sent you my phone number in a pm.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Give me a call tomorrow, anytime. I just sent you my phone number in a pm.
Will do. I have the day off so I'll try to make it mid day or so. Thanks!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well guys......we're back out.....again......I've been texting with scott a little and I'm sure he would have done what he could to help. Had a family emergency pop up literally last night that will likely bork the weekend plans for us.

If we can squeeze in a day visit we will. Have to see where the chips fall along the way though.

4th year running we've said yes, then something has come up to turn it into a no. Super sorry to miss this year :(

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
FYI I’m starting to work on the rafting permit. I will PM you the info I need. Thanks.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We have the same boat if you have the list from last year.

Let's do shirts if we can. I need to buy 9 if we do.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If we end up doing shirt I’d buy 4

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
SHIRTS!!!

I will see what I can come up with on Monday. Please let me know what size and quantity ASAP. Obviously PM, me. I plan to offer a male and female fitting shirts, per a request. As well as a kids shirt. Also even if your not interested in shirts it would still be helpful to know how many people are coming on each boat. I have no idea on pricing but before I order I will get everyone’s approval but I really need to know quantity and sizes to get a price.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If anyone is going to cancel their trip this year or has one of the larger slips and wants to share, I’m looking for a boat slip. Lithia never responded to our slip email back when we reserved and the wife called to check on things and there are none available now. Not that big of a deal but if I can find one it would be great.

Last edited:

OB WI

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length
If anyone is going to cancel their trip this year or has one of the larger slips and wants to share, I’m looking for a boat slip. Lithia never responded to our slip email back when we reserved and the wife called to check on things and there are none available now. Not that big of a deal but if I can find one it would be great.
I reserved mine via the Dockwa app. It might be the same as calling but then they have it tagged instead of a regular email. Maybe try that anyway in case someone cancels.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I reserved mine via the Dockwa app. It might be the same as calling but then they have it tagged instead of a regular email. Maybe try that anyway in case someone cancels.
Thanks

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Shirts! I might be biased but the shirts look amazing they have a picture of the lake on them. We will be placing the order today, last chance if you still want in.

Last edited:

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Shirts! I might be biased but the shirts look amazing and has a picture of the lake on them. We will be placing the order today, last chance if you still want in.
Sorry I didn’t get anything to n the shirts is there a link we would want to get 6.

Yamagirl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Tick-Tock!
Okay boating family, here is the tentative schedule for Shelbyville 2022 Midwest Jet Boaters!
Thursday-tie up area 2, off the water bring a chair, hang out around cabin 5, get your shirts and say hi to all the old and new faces!

Friday-tie up area 5. S’mores, raffles and game night in the shelter near room 4. Our family will be ordering pizza from Monicals (217-774-4100) I know I will not feel like grilling after a day of fun on the water. If you choose to order pizza for your family from there, we can all chat about that at a later time and maybe make it easier on the driver to have it all delivered at once. Lithia said they have really good “family pleasers” with pizza, salad,breadsticks etc.

Saturday-tie up area 3, paddleboard relays or if you have any other ideas for water games that would be great!

As always, Greggorys next door to Lithia has an amazing breakfast! Amazing!!! We hit it a couple times in our stay-you won’t be disappointed! The shirts are super cool this year and so is the group going-so excited to unplug and get waterlogged 🥰

Last but certainly not least-our sponsors are amazing-we thank you!!! Jetboat Pilot, Lithia Springs Resort, Jewls Custom we appreciate you! You help bring families together in such a fun way!

see you all on the water real soon🥰