• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2020 Shelbyville Friends and Family Gathering, July 29-Aug 2

FYI SOME sites are open to camping reservations and some are not.
I am booked at site 69, right next to the trailer parking.
Site 109 wasn't available which is the one I wanted to steal, but oh well.
Wednesday to Sunday Lord willing.

Been talking with the wife about this trip off and on. We're fighting some serious scheduling issues to make it happen. Oldest turns 9 on Tuesday and starts the 4th grade on Wednesday. We're considering picking him up from school as the bell rings on Friday to head that direction. School is out at 2:20, and we could realistically be on the road at 2:30. That would put us into down about 6:30pm if I hustle and limit stops as much as possible. Not sure I have her convinced to let him miss school all day long that day, or even pulling him out at lunchtime. It's the 3rd day, what's he really going to miss right?

Anywho, we're not completely out yet. If we can figure this Friday thing out, then we'll be there. If not, maybe next year.

More details as I get them figured out.

Been talking with the wife about this trip off and on. We're fighting some serious scheduling issues to make it happen. Oldest turns 9 on Tuesday and starts the 4th grade on Wednesday. We're considering picking him up from school as the bell rings on Friday to head that direction. School is out at 2:20, and we could realistically be on the road at 2:30. That would put us into down about 6:30pm if I hustle and limit stops as much as possible. Not sure I have her convinced to let him miss school all day long that day, or even pulling him out at lunchtime. It's the 3rd day, what's he really going to miss right?

Anywho, we're not completely out yet. If we can figure this Friday thing out, then we'll be there. If not, maybe next year.

More details as I get them figured out.
My wife is a teacher it’s 4th grade, pull him. Lol. My oldest son is going into 4th grade as well, just my 2 cents. Just tell her one of your internet friends said it was ok.

Last edited:
Just tell her one of your internet friends said it was ok.

She's been asking a lot lately....."How are your internet friends doing today" as I'm browsing the site on the couch.

"Better than your Candy Crush score" was one of my replies......I got shot a look and now just say "We're all just ready to get back on the water" :D :D

She's been asking a lot lately....."How are your internet friends doing today" as I'm browsing the site on the couch.

"Better than your Candy Crush score" was one of my replies......I got shot a look and now just say "We're all just ready to get back on the water" :D :D
Yeah, have to be careful with that. Drives me nuts, if we drive somewhere... whole way there she’s on her phone doing - I have no idea. But, definitely not allowed to criticize.

I am confirmed 7/24-8/2

View attachment 110538

Can you believe it, this will be the 13th, Annual Friends & Family Boaters Gathering. Last year was the "Perfect Dozen"...this year we have a Bakers Dozen!!
Lucky #13.

It's SHELBYVILLE time again!! To the new members, we welcome you and cannot wait to make amazing memories on and off the water. I'm confident you will make this a priority in your summer adventures. This will be our 4th year attending, first year planning it! I have some VERY big shoes to fill (and not just because Neil wears a size 13...or close to it!) Ugh, the anxiety to please and not bomb this year is overwhelming however I feel I have assembled an amazing team so far. If you would like to participate behind the scenes or have any suggestions please feel free to contact me. Looking forward to another great year, now bring on the sun!

The Place: Lake Shelbyville, Illinois
The Dates: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 - Sunday, Aug 2, 2020

In the past, most of the participants have stayed at Lithia Resort ( Lithia Resort Home Page ) which is 1/4 mile from a public launch and the Lithia Springs Marina (Lithia Springs Marina Lake Shelbyville Shelbyville IL ), where you can rent a slip for the weekend (NOW TAKING RESERVATIONS). We will keep the running list of committed crews within this first post.

Boaters I assume will attend based on last year (let me know if I should remove you and what your 2020 accommodations are):

Confirmed:
1 - @Brian eilrich - Wed - Sun - Lithia Springs Campgrounds # ?
2 - @BigAbe75 - Wed - Sun - Lithia Resort
3 - @Speedling - Thu - Sun - Lithia Springs Campgrounds # ?
4 - @RiverRat Thu - Mon - Lincoln Log Cabin 4
5 - @mattschepker - Wed - Sun - Lithia Motel #9
6 - @CAP44 - Thu - Sun - White Pine Cabin #2
7 - @OperationROL, @OperationROL's Wife - Thu - Sun- Lithia Main Cabin
8 - @SCP1 - Thu - Sun - Lithia
9 - @JC6275 - Thu - Sun - Lithia Motel #5
10 - @scot71 - Wed - Sun - Lithia Motel #3
11 - @jacoviii
12 - @RampRage - Wed - Sun - Lithia #4
13 - @jcyamaharider , @jcyamahariders wife Lithia #6
14 - @jacoviii Room 12 confirmed thu- sun

Tentative:

1 -
2 - @007 - Thu - Sun- Lithia Main Cabin
3 - @JCampbell - Thu - Sun - Lithia Main Cabin
4 -
5 - @RxH2O - Wed - Sun - Lithia Motel #7
6 - @buckbuck - Wed - Sun - Cedar Cabin
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
12 - @trace - Own House
13 - @Cody Johnson - ????????
14 - @Nickp98 - Thu - Sun @ Lithia Red Oak Cabin #1
15 - @Wake08 - Wed - Sun - Gregory's
16 - @Nathan Bryant - Fri - Sunday - Gregory's
17 - @MutherTucker Sun - Sun - Own House
18 - Darren & Ivanna
19 - @aarons1k Mon - Mon Lincoln log cabin 6
20 - @Impelled[/USER] - Wed - Sun - Lithia Motel #10
21 -
22 -
23 - @Lynn Owens - Own Home
24 -
25 -
26 - @Boat Crazy - Wed - Sun - Lithia Motel #2
27 - @bobbie - Tue - Sat - Lithia
28 - @Sheboat - Wed - Sun - Lincoln log #7
29 - Bill W- Wed - Sun - Lincoln log #7
30 - @yam230 Thu - Sun - Lithia Motel 11
31 - @Don & Leslie Barton Thu - Sun - Lithia Motel 12
32 -
33 - Melinda and Shawn (friend's of MutherTucker) - Wed - Sun???? - Own House
34 - @CarFanatic
35 - @IndySmittyYammi Sat- Sun - ?????
36 -
37 - @Milwmarc
38 - @Tim Piroli
39 - @Walt McCree
We would like to attend. Would be 4 to 5 of us total, would like to rent a cottage/hotel room whereever everyone is staying...do I reserve that? Same with slip, do I reserve that as well?

We would like to attend. Would be 4 to 5 of us total, would like to rent a cottage/hotel room whereever everyone is staying...do I reserve that? Same with slip, do I reserve that as well?
Slips at Lithia Springs Marina. Might have to google it for the website.

Most try to stay at Lithia Resort. There is a link in the first post of this thread. There are also camping options. Also Gregory’s Resort is next door to Lithia and has hotel rooms, that some have stayed in.

If neither of those have availability, then widen your GoogleFu. You’re looking for close proximity to Lithia Springs Marina. If you aren’t familiar with the area, Shelbyville is a small town. Even if you end up in town, you’re close enough.

Yes you would reserve that.... Last I checked there were only 3 rooms available where we are all staying and I am unsure on how many slips there are left.

www.lithiaresort.com

Gregory’s is a good option if you don’t need a kitchen and is right next door.

I’ll put it on the calendar for Sunday August 2nd. We’re only 2 hours from Shelbyville, might be free that day!

I’ll put it on the calendar for Sunday August 2nd. We’re only 2 hours from Shelbyville, might be free that day!
Great! If there’s anyway you could make Saturday, that would be better. Sunday starts getting pretty sparse as many leave first thing.

All of the Barton Family will be there. We are staying at “our old house”. Barb wanted me to share that they have another house that is open as well as cabins. Looking forward to it. We will be there from Thursday till Sunday morning. Please let me know if we can help out. Thank you ?

I'm now thinking this may be the HIGHLIGHT of the summer for us. So much has changed since February. So much more change to come!

Same thoughts here. This is the first thing on my schedule that I think may actually stay on my schedule, and even then, not 100% confident. I’ll still be there though! Just have to wave from afar, and sanitize the Jell-O shots I catch!

Back