• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Lake Shelbyville Gathering July 25 - July 29, 2018

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We had a wonderful time as usual. It was great seeing all our old friends and meeting new ones. Thank you all for making this event such a success. Also so much thanks to our sponsors who continue to support us! The countdown for 2019 has begun. July 24th thru the 28th!

For now, I guess the Gathering for us is officially over......
20180729_142644.jpg 20180729_142657.jpg

Last edited:

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Hanging out in the rain today, we made the drive up to Sullivan to check out the North End Pub for lunch. When we were leaving I pulled up to this Glastron/Carlson jet boat for sale and then saw the name. I mean I pretty much have to buy this thing right?IMG_4443.JPG

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Drove in rain the whole way home. Unloading of the camper begins. Looks like it may be a couple days before rain stops, so going to be a little bit until we can get the boat cleaned up.

I kind of missed the smell of Hot Sauce permeating throughout the marina as we all pulled out together last year. Lol!

Awesome trip and huge thanks to the sponsors! And, organizers too! Really enjoyed the Friday dinner and games. And, of course, the 1st annual campsite potluck! (Thanks @jcyamaharider and @jcyamahariders wife for all the work with the potluck and letting me rope you into hosting at your camper. Btw, that corn on the cob was still hot in the cooler the next morning and was even better. I’ve got that recipe figured out now for next year).

And, always fun to ride along in a couple different boats, too.

And, first time getting up surfing!!
93A7C771-2E34-4B25-B8C3-D54EB46A5DC1.jpeg

And, Jen a couple times.
15F68F3E-B636-4527-83A8-E37C7201CFFD.jpeg

Thanks @RampRage and @jcyamaharider for pulling me a few times. Definitely hooked!

And, @scot71 Hannah asked about you today. Lol! (My 2yr old has decided she doesn’t like facial hair. I think pretty much everyday we ended up rafted next to @scot71 The first day she started crying as soon as he looked at her. We progressed from there, to being scared the 2nd day and tolerance the 3rd day. And, today she asked where he was)

Was great to meet all the families and for the wives and kids to meet and play. I love watching the kids make new friends and seeing their old friends getting bigger. It must be really neat for those original attendees to see the kids now 11 years older.

Shout out to a few folks that we spent a lot of time with and enjoyed. @RampRage @Scott Huse @Brian eilrich @scot71 @jcyamaharider @jcyamahariders wife @Speedling @shane hric @Nickp98 @mattschepker @yam230 @JC6275 @ar240owner and everyone else that I can’t think of right now!

Oh, @buckbuck we need a pictorial directory, just like at church, with pics of families and their boats to help us remember who’s who. Lol I would be happy to help assemble, if we ever want to tackle that.

Can’t wait for next year!

(Anyway, this got longer than I intended. In a nutshell: had a great time, thanks for everything, and see you all next year!!)

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maybe next year Hannah will actually like me a little bit @BigAbe75. Lol!
By the way. It was really great hanging out with you guys also.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Kim Campbell started it with her trip to the ER after busting her elbow on the swim ladder.

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Nickp98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SE
Boat Length
Such an awesome time again this year... As always thank you to everyone for putting this event together also a big thank you to the sponsors, my kids were so happy and excited for the new SUP(and my wife and I)! They just couldn’t wait to get it in the water! Thank you @jcyamaharider and @jcyamahariders wife for taking me out on a quick surf session at the end of a long day. It was good to see @BigAbe75 and family again as well as all of our new friends we have met because of this forum. 46C8D8EE-C4FA-47CC-8C62-B10DFBDAEBA3.jpeg

RampRage

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My head still hurts from Saturday night.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
JUG OF DEATH!!!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Teri Huse

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who put this together and made us first timers feel welcome! I was hesitant when @Scott Huse said he wanted to go and meet his "internet friends" lol but we had a great time and enjoyed hanging out with everyone. The calendar is marked for Shelbyville 2019!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Umm swatski how did that happen?
Hopefully @swatski boat is unharmed and that is a joke pic. :blackeye::blackeye::blackeye::blackeye:

I would feel really bad if I hurt your boat. Send me a PM if I need to square up with you.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I hope so! If not, I’m going to need a diagram or re-enactment video. I can’t visualize what part of a boat that represents. Definitely hoping head and boat are both ok!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length