• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 Shelbyville Friends and Family Gathering, July 29-Aug 2

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Scott Huse @Teri Huse Did you talk to Lithia Resort today? Are they open now, or any idea when they will be able to reopen? The ramps are open now, but I think the marinas are closed from what I’ve seen.

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Scott Huse @Teri Huse Did you talk to Lithia Resort today? Are they open now, or any idea when they will be able to reopen? The ramps are open now, but I think the marinas are closed from what I’ve seen.
I talked to Nancy on Wednesday, but I don’t think they open yet. I reserved a slip online but haven’t received a confirmation yet.

Scott Huse

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Received a call from the marina and they are projected to open 1st of May, slip rented can’t wait to see everyone!

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got the boat home today..took tower off to get in garage to start more "shelter in place" I don't need all this stuff..but adding fun stuff tonbaot beats drinking and getting fat .

Projects next few weeks to look my best 06 blingy self in the AR 230. All ordered and delivered.

1. Perfect pass
2. Gantlin wake custom.ballast bag..installed wedge last year...excited to see if this speeds up process of setting boat unfirtunately since I don't have auto ballast.
3. Installed great jl 4 speaker system and sub last year. Now just ordered JlL 8 inch and 500 watt amp and Rockville aluminum wakeboard cans to build a clean loud system with seperate volume control for wakeboard speakers for the surfer to pick his surfing tunes to hear clearly..and maybe half the lake.
5. Tint installer found for ceramic tint install to color match black Hull.

I gotta stop spending $$ although I'd love to powder coat the tower...but we get 3 months of boat weather here in Wisconsin and gotta somewhat stay in a budget.

Last year bought boat for 18k with 100 hours on it. Pretty pristine. Put around 4k into it and trailer upgrades last year.. including all the toys like wedge, killer stereo, all new tires, sea deck. Etc.

So 22 last year and another 2,400 this year and it hasn't even touched water yet.25 k into a 14 yr old boat. But a. Looks and run killer, b low low low hours, c at 75 run hours a season I could have this thing another 6 years, ..D. I have the feeling even after the lock down ends there is going to be Lots of social distancing, may as well do it in a boat.

Think Shelbyville may be one of the first times something comes togethor without cancelling for summer.

I'm not a drinker but someone please come up with a Covid jello shot/vacine drink, and ladies I'd like finger sandwiches with cucumber, rye bread and cream cheese. My wife is not coming, my Two boys 21 and 18 are and bring 2 of there freinds.
I may need a fill in surogate wife. Preferably in a cute swim suit, showering me with praise and cucumber sandwiches. Bonus if u can get this 48 yr old to surf ROPELESS.

My swimsuit is already packed

Attachments

Walt McCree

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Woohoo We're confirmed for Fri and Saturday at the resort. Trying to find a room for Wed and Thursday. Worst case we're there for half!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So, like everything else these days, the annual gathering will look a lot different this year. With the continued pandemic and the prevention measures that are in place, it is impossible to host the same type of event as normal. The Governor has communicated that social distancing will continue for the foreseeable future and that gatherings in the state of Illinois will for sure not exceed 50 people this summer. He has also put a limit of 2 people per boat. Additionally, the Army Corp of Engineers will not be issuing rafting permits this summer and have been breaking up rafts of just a few boats. This means we will not be able to congregate as usual on the water or off.

With all this information, a team of us have been meeting to decide if a gathering this year makes sense. The conclusion is not to have an "official" gathering, but for crews that still want to attend, have more of an organic meet up where no events or activities are planned. Crews that still plan to attend can make their own daily plans and decide whether to participate in social distancing on your own.

I have contacted Gregory's and Lithia to ensure those that are still coming have rooms and those that want to cancel can do so without penalty. Both venues were very accommodating but shared that they have employed their own safety measures to ensure customers are safe.

So, what does this mean?

1. There will be no schedule of activities
2. There will be no Family dinner on Friday night.
3. There will be no prizes and giveaways
4. There will be no Tshirts

Make it what you want it!

Thanks and Regards,
Neil

Last edited:

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was updated by some our Shelbyville locals. As of yesterday, Il went into phase 3 and now up to 10 people can be on a boat. Also, Rafts up to 5 boats are allowed without a permit. Check out this post from the Marina:

‐------------------------
It looks like summer is here to stay! We are so excited for the beautiful weekend ahead!! ☀

As of today TEN people are allowed on a boat!

Also, don't miss out on this weeks food truck, Bierman Farms! They will be here Friday, Saturday, and Sunday! 🌮🌽

Lake Shelbyville USACE campgrounds are NOW OPEN at Coon Creek, Forrest W. "Bo" Wood, Lithia Springs, and Opossum Creek.

For Bo Wood, Coon Creek, and Lithia Springs Campgrounds:
--Reservations are available starting June 1. Until then, camping is first come, first served. Reservable and non-reservable campsites have not changed from previous seasons in these parks.--

For Opossum Creek Campground:
--Campsites are 100% reservable using recreation.gov or calling 1-877-444-6777 (Note: Phone reservations resume on July 1, 2020) Campers should have a reservation through R1S prior to setting up on a campsite.--

***Special Note: Payment at fee booths is by CREDIT OR DEBIT ONLY***

Please follow CDC guidelines while recreating at Lake Shelbyville.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I was updated by some our Shelbyville locals. As of yesterday, Il went into phase 3 and now up to 10 people can be on a boat. Also, Rafts up to 5 boats are allowed without a permit. Check out this post from the Marina:

‐------------------------
It looks like summer is here to stay! We are so excited for the beautiful weekend ahead!! ☀

As of today TEN people are allowed on a boat!

Also, don't miss out on this weeks food truck, Bierman Farms! They will be here Friday, Saturday, and Sunday! 🌮🌽

Lake Shelbyville USACE campgrounds are NOW OPEN at Coon Creek, Forrest W. "Bo" Wood, Lithia Springs, and Opossum Creek.

For Bo Wood, Coon Creek, and Lithia Springs Campgrounds:
--Reservations are available starting June 1. Until then, camping is first come, first served. Reservable and non-reservable campsites have not changed from previous seasons in these parks.--

For Opossum Creek Campground:
--Campsites are 100% reservable using recreation.gov or calling 1-877-444-6777 (Note: Phone reservations resume on July 1, 2020) Campers should have a reservation through R1S prior to setting up on a campsite.--

***Special Note: Payment at fee booths is by CREDIT OR DEBIT ONLY***

Please follow CDC guidelines while recreating at Lake Shelbyville.
Let us know if that changes much from your previous post! Certainly would be fun to "find" some friends on the lake "accidentally" at what "happens" to be a "random" event!
Meanwhile.....essential-worker-45543c5ae6.jpg

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm very interested in seeing what everyone else's plans will be.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I'm very interested in seeing what everyone else's plans will be.
IF there is a straight up cancellation of this year's event we will either go anyways or head down to Lake Cumberland KY

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
At this time, I believe my family and I are still planning to go. It works out pretty well for our schedule, anyway. I’ll update here if my plans change as we get closer.

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are going to table rock lake instead. You can take us off the list. Waiting on a call back to cancel our room. Slip will be canceled tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

Milwmarc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We r still coming...ladies please have cucumber sandwiches with dill on rye bread (this is NOT sexist..its just my wife can't make this weekend and I need a fill in wife with killer cucumber sandwiches). .still bring like four 22 yr old boys, they r housebroken.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Canceled for us as well. We will be at Table rock lake also.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Dates for 2021? If I call to cancel I’d like to just move my reservation to next year.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Dates for 2021? If I call to cancel I’d like to just move my reservation to next year.
We discussed this as an option and both Lithia and Gregory's was given Wednesday, Jul 28 - Aug 1, 2021.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
We discussed this as an option and both Lithia and Gregory's was given Wednesday, Jul 28 - Aug 1, 2021.
Well looking forward to 2021! We will not be making the trip this year as well. With kids it just doesn’t make sense. I’m optimistic that we can have some meet ups around WI this year.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thinking we should go see OperationROL in Tennessee next year as well. Maybe prior to Shelbyville and stop at Shelbyville on our way back.