• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2021 SX210 Stereo upgrade - on a budget

@Pokes1789 I recommend the Blue Seas with the ACR, (Automatic Charging Relay) Straight Forward. When wired correctly you just turn it to on and you don't have to screw with switching at any time unless you need to. The ACR will take care of charging both batteries without you having to think about changing the switch. You have the ability to Combine them if you need to in an emergency if one dies. I would wire the engine and bilge to the starter and everything else to the house battery and you will be solid.

Just need the switch and some battery cables and you can set it up. Plenty of threads on it here on the forum. Search Blue Sea

Amazon.com: Blue Sea Systems 7650 Add-A-Battery Kit, Beige (7650-BSS): Sports & Outdoors
Which version do I need to purchase?

The one i linked. 120a

Ok that’s what I thought but when it took me to the page there were more options to select. Appreciate it. I will get it ordered and start reading some threads about the install stuff.

Hey, so I bought two tower speakers for my boat and kept everything else original. I need to buy the amp for the speakers and was curious about a few things.

One is, can I just buy a normal amp that I would typically put in something like a car? Also, since I am connecting the two speakers on the tower to an amp but keeping the original 4 speakers that come with the boat like normal, will there be any delay in when the signal gets to the original speakers vs getting to the new tower speaker causing a weird difference in music? Finally, my third question would be, can I just tap into the already existing speaker wire and just take the signal from those using something like a t-tap wire connector?

Hey, so I bought two tower speakers for my boat and kept everything else original. I need to buy the amp for the speakers and was curious about a few things.

One is, can I just buy a normal amp that I would typically put in something like a car? Also, since I am connecting the two speakers on the tower to an amp but keeping the original 4 speakers that come with the boat like normal, will there be any delay in when the signal gets to the original speakers vs getting to the new tower speaker causing a weird difference in music? Finally, my third question would be, can I just tap into the already existing speaker wire and just take the signal from those using something like a t-tap wire connector?

Ok...a LOT to unpack there.
First, if you are buying an amp, I would opt for a marine amp. The board has a coating to help the electronics withstand the humid environment. Now, having said that, if your boat is a weekend warrior and it's usually covered and dry, you might be able to get by with a normal amp for a while. My sub is a powered tube that is NOT marinized, and it's still going strong after two seasons.
Second, If you're installing an amp, and you're not setting up zones, I would probably NOT only run an amp to the tower speakers. The factory head units are very underpowered, and you'll play hell trying to balance the sound between the factory speakers and the amplified tower speakers. Your best bet would be to get a six channel amp and power all of the speakers.
Lastly, most head units should have line outputs for running an amp, but if yours doesn't, and your amp supports it, then yes, you could tap in to your speaker wires as high-level inputs. But, as mentioned above, I wouldn't advise it, because I don't think you'd be happy with the sound.

Ok...a LOT to unpack there.
First, if you are buying an amp, I would opt for a marine amp. The board has a coating to help the electronics withstand the humid environment. Now, having said that, if your boat is a weekend warrior and it's usually covered and dry, you might be able to get by with a normal amp for a while. My sub is a powered tube that is NOT marinized, and it's still going strong after two seasons.
Second, If you're installing an amp, and you're not setting up zones, I would probably NOT only run an amp to the tower speakers. The factory head units are very underpowered, and you'll play hell trying to balance the sound between the factory speakers and the amplified tower speakers. Your best bet would be to get a six channel amp and power all of the speakers.
Lastly, most head units should have line outputs for running an amp, but if yours doesn't, and your amp supports it, then yes, you could tap in to your speaker wires as high-level inputs. But, as mentioned above, I wouldn't advise it, because I don't think you'd be happy with the sound.
okay, thank you, one final question regarding powering all the speakers or just the tower. Why do you advise against just the tower?? Also, if I powered all factory speakers plus the tower, won't I be giving the factory speakers way to much power and damaging them?

Back