• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Yamaha 252 SD Shower Pump Help

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Can you fix your self by clicking the button?

JasBeirne

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Can you fix your self by clicking the button?
I am so tempted to press a few update buttons but think I'll wait to show my dealer this Wednesday...and if he presses the buttons, it's on them!

JasBeirne

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I don't have a Yamaha BOAT dealer close to my home, but my local Yamaha PWC dealer said they could do Yamaha boat warranty work. They called me yesterday and said Yamaha corporate thinks otherwise. So rather than haul my boat 3 hours to my boat dealer, I took the chance and pressed THE button. Good news and bad news...my boat model now says 275SD instead of 255XE (recall that I have a 252SD) so my shower button is now present and working. I also now apparently have underwater lights and a lit logo (logo does not work of course but the underwater lights activate my tower lights). The weird thing is I tried to press the button again but it would not change anymore. Everything is now working so I'm not messing with it anymore. One other tidbit for a previous poster regards my tower speakers in zone control. In changing my model number, I lost the ability to toggle my tower speakers on and off via Connext.
1623256135051.png1623256169063.png1623256303604.png

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
A couple eye drops of bleach will treat water, don't waste your money on "formulas."

You can use household liquid bleach to kill microorganisms. Use only regular household liquid bleach that contains 5.25% sodium hypochlorite. Do not use scented bleaches, color safe bleaches or bleaches with added cleaners. Each gallon of water should be treated with 4 – 5 drops of liquid chlorine bleach or 16 drops of liquid chlorine bleach if the water is cloudy. This is just under ¼ of a teaspoon per gallon. One teaspoon of bleach disinfects 5 gallons of water. Treated water should be thoroughly mixed and allowed to stand for 30 minutes before using. A slight chlorine odor should be detectable in the water. If it is not, repeat the dosage and let it stand another 15 minutes before using. Treated water may have a slight chlorine taste, but this is additional evidence of safety.

Also, I'm making a note that my next Yamaha will be a 2023 model. These QC issues have to be absolutely strangle-worthy.

Last edited:

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I don't have a Yamaha BOAT dealer close to my home, but my local Yamaha PWC dealer said they could do Yamaha boat warranty work. They called me yesterday and said Yamaha corporate thinks otherwise. So rather than haul my boat 3 hours to my boat dealer, I took the chance and pressed THE button. Good news and bad news...my boat model now says 275SD instead of 255XE (recall that I have a 252SD) so my shower button is now present and working. I also now apparently have underwater lights and a lit logo (logo does not work of course but the underwater lights activate my tower lights). The weird thing is I tried to press the button again but it would not change anymore. Everything is now working so I'm not messing with it anymore. One other tidbit for a previous poster regards my tower speakers in zone control. In changing my model number, I lost the ability to toggle my tower speakers on and off via Connext.
View attachment 152943View attachment 152944View attachment 152945
I would try powering the whole system off at the battery switches for a day, then try the recalculating again. I'm guessing that's a "get" command that searches for everything that's active on the system. When you power everything up, consider having engines on too.

JasBeirne

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
A couple eye drops of bleach will treat water, don't waste your money on "formulas."

Also, I'm making a note that my next Yamaha will be a 2023 model. These QC issues have to be absolutely strangle-worthy.
You might want to put your deposit in now for that 2023 model LOL...took almost 5 months to get my boat in and I still don't have a cover. But yeah, the lack of knowledge on dealing with these new models is ridiculous.

JasBeirne

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I would try powering the whole system off at the battery switches for a day, then try the recalculating again. I'm guessing that's a "get" command that searches for everything that's active on the system. When you power everything up, consider having engines on too.
Yeah, I said I won't mess with it again but I'm already doubting myself LOL.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
You might want to put your deposit in now for that 2023 model LOL...took almost 5 months to get my boat in and I still don't have a cover. But yeah, the lack of knowledge on dealing with these new models is ridiculous.
I'm holding on to my 2020 until the QC issues go away and there's deals to be had again. No way I'm paying above MSRP in this market, even on a deposit agreement.

JasBeirne

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I'm holding on to my 2020 until the QC issues go away and there's deals to be had again. No way I'm paying above MSRP in this market, even on a deposit agreement.
I understand the sentiment but I'm betting this inflation is here to stay. My previous boat was a 2004 Sea Ray 20 footer so I was ready for an upgrade. You having a 2020 model makes sense to stay put.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Weird - I hit that button and nothing happened. Did you hold it or anything?

JasBeirne

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Weird - I hit that button and nothing happened. Did you hold it or anything?
Nope, just tapped it and it immediately went to 275SD. But then I hit it again and nothing happened. Like someone said above, maybe it's a timing thing. I've got a call in to my dealer and they are researching (kind of scary that no one knew), so will post back if I get any answers.

YamPat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hey guys,

i have a 252 Se,

- i click on Shower and i see the blue light.

- hose is not kinked

- anybody know where the shower pump fuse is ?

YamPat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Hey guys,

i have a 252 Se,

- i click on Shower and i see the blue light.

- hose is not kinked

- anybody know where the shower pump fuse is ?

By the way i hear no pump noise

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
if its been off for awhile, when you turn it on you should hear the pump kick on for a second or two while it builds pressure. do you hear anything?

3abadi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
I had a problem in the shower hose, water is not coming out, pump is running ok, it seems some clogged fitting which requires removing the bilge area cover. Solution, I bypassed it 😬. Better water pressure (adjustable), longer hose and a 5- minute job.

Attachments