• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2021 Yamaha Boats

robby76

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ok, so the 2021 boats showed up late. Mine got in the last Friday of September.
So i have been trying to get to the 10 hour mark so as to perform my 10 hour service. I am at 8.3 and next outing will make the 10 hour mark. Aside from reading and watching YouTube videos on performing the 10 hour maintenance procedure, i come to a dead end on finding the correct oil filter for my 2021 195FSH_CC_Sport. the yamalube 4M 10W-40,NGK LFR7A spark plugs, and yamalube marine grease were easy to find and purchase The correct oil filter for this model boat/engine is Yamaha Oil Filter 69J-13440-04 which doesn't match up to any filters online. Now the dearer has them only they are closed through January 4th 2021. In all the oil changing kits out there none have this filter.
While i had the service department on the phone, i asked if i could or was it the dealer to perform the 10 hour maintenance. Answer was either. Now they do link up to the ECM for trouble codes but i would think that should be covered in the warranty cause it is not a maintenance item.
My whole career has been in preventative maintenance so i am capable of performing this service.
Some of the filters out there say 2019 and newer models BUT the Oil Filter number doesn't match to what is required. Keep in mind the lifetime engine warranty states genuine Yamaha parts.
What is you Veteran Yamaha Boaters thinking on this?

2021_195FSH_CC_Sport.jpg

It should come in a kit that you can get either at your local dealer or online. It comes with the oil, Oil filter and disposable funnel.
Part Number 69J-13440-04-00 is the new that replaced the older 69J-13440-03-00. The oil change kits online still have the old number on their description and even in the pictures but you do get the correct filter.
I just did my 10 hr on my GP1800 and ordered the kit which online had 03-00 but the correct one was in the kit.

There are a few threads on here discussing the different vendors that carry equivalent filters to this one if that is the route you want to take.

Thanks.
My next question is this, since I will have everything needed for an oil change can in be done while docked/or anchored at lake after a good engine warming period so as not to hook up the hose at home? The spark plugs, shaft bearing, and rest of little things to check off on can be done in storage.

You can do it pretty much anywhere, but be cautious. The other thing is depending on the level of the engine, you might not get as much oil out. The messiest part will be the oil filter change due to the location, when you unscrew it some oil tends to spill out the bottom of the filter. Make sure you have an old towel, rags or something to put under each filter. I'm going to guess you're using a pump to extract the oil, so make sure that is steady if doing it on the water. You really don't want to spill that oil in the bilge, cabin or worse, into the body of water you're in due to environmental concerns.

:oops: environmental:oops: Ok, doing this at home on the hose.
Do have the oil absorbing pads and rags. I have changed out oil filters on side of engines before so am aware of what to expect.
Hope the shaft bearing cert will be easy to get too.
Funny that an Air Filter number isn't posted for this model.

Ingine.jpg

There is an air filter its in the housing to the left .
Hardly ever gets dirty. So inspect periodically and change when you feel its dirty enough.
Surprised a 10 hour service requires a spark plug change. Seems very early unless its been over a year

Ok, so the 2021 boats showed up late. Mine got in the last Friday of September.
So i have been trying to get to the 10 hour mark so as to perform my 10 hour service. I am at 8.3 and next outing will make the 10 hour mark. Aside from reading and watching YouTube videos on performing the 10 hour maintenance procedure, i come to a dead end on finding the correct oil filter for my 2021 195FSH_CC_Sport. the yamalube 4M 10W-40,NGK LFR7A spark plugs, and yamalube marine grease were easy to find and purchase The correct oil filter for this model boat/engine is Yamaha Oil Filter 69J-13440-04 which doesn't match up to any filters online. Now the dearer has them only they are closed through January 4th 2021. In all the oil changing kits out there none have this filter.
While i had the service department on the phone, i asked if i could or was it the dealer to perform the 10 hour maintenance. Answer was either. Now they do link up to the ECM for trouble codes but i would think that should be covered in the warranty cause it is not a maintenance item.
My whole career has been in preventative maintenance so i am capable of performing this service.
Some of the filters out there say 2019 and newer models BUT the Oil Filter number doesn't match to what is required. Keep in mind the lifetime engine warranty states genuine Yamaha parts.
What is you Veteran Yamaha Boaters thinking on this?

View attachment 139012
Found it on Amazon

“Surprised a 10 hour service requires a spark plug change. Seems very early unless its been over a year” (Neutron)
I used to own a Honda Odessy off road toy, the best spark plugs for it were NGKs. The plugs were easy to foul, would remove clean up check gap and next run it was toast.
With that experience behind me, the 10 hour maintenance states to remove spark plugs, check coloration and gap and reinstall. They are inexpensive to NOT go back with new plugs. Again, my career revolves around preventive maintenance and extending equipment life.

“Surprised a 10 hour service requires a spark plug change. Seems very early unless its been over a year” (Neutron)
I used to own a Honda Odessy off road toy, the best spark plugs for it were NGKs. The plugs were easy to foul, would remove clean up check gap and next run it was toast.
With that experience behind me, the 10 hour maintenance states to remove spark plugs, check coloration and gap and reinstall. They are inexpensive to NOT go back with new plugs. Again, my career revolves around preventive maintenance and extending equipment life.
Nothing wrong with that

The first time I used my 2021 sx195 I couldn’t stand all the slop in the throttle/shifter. Once you put it in gear it seems like there is a lot of slop before it actually starts changing the rpms, this makes docking harder than it should be to go from forward to reverse. Is this normal?

The first time I used my 2021 sx195 I couldn’t stand all the slop in the throttle/shifter. Once you put it in gear it seems like there is a lot of slop before it actually starts changing the rpms, this makes docking harder than it should be to go from forward to reverse. Is this normal?
Do you mean the throttle lever needs to move fwd/rev more to get a response? If so, that's normal as jetboats require the throttles to control the up/down movement of the reverse bucket over the jet outlet which is controlled by cables so that movement is moving the reverse bucket before it increases RPMs. It's more movement at the throttle control than an I/O or outboard, but you can move it back and forth fast without hurting anything, unlike an I/O or outboard that clunks the dog gear back and forth to get fwd/rev. It's not a "lot" more to me...but you'll get used to it pretty quickly though.

Yes that’s exactly what I am talking about. Seems like it’ll just be a learning curve rafter years of owning an I/o

Yes that’s exactly what I am talking about. Seems like it’ll just be a learning curve rafter years of owning an I/o
Yup...not a big deal. I think you'll like it better once you get the feel of how it reacts. I love how I can come in, stop, toe-in the bow, then toe-in the stern, and nudge up against the dock so easily. I thought the jets would be a hindrance to control but I found it works better after some practice.

Back