• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 212XE water in storage areas

Stakj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Anyone know if this is an issue from past models because it’s an issue with mine. I have an issue where the storage areas under the driver helm and passenger helm area get soaking wet. I feel it might be from the anchor locker but uncertain. The anchor locker gets filled up when at no wake speed and I think it’s leaking through the screws holes and running back to the lowest point and collecting. Taking it to the dealer today, but wanted some info before I drop it off. Boat is stored inside, wasn’t raining, and no one was wet yet, as we just took it off the trailer and idled around then left the no wake area and cruised the lake. Storage area was dry cause I put the cooler in the passenger storage area. Cooler isn’t issue since it had cold packs and not ice and the bottles of water weren’t leaking since the inside of the cooler was dry. Only have pictures of the passenger side storage area, but drivers side is the same except it has the amplifier and other electronic/electrical items.

Attachments

Stakj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
No water in the ski locker other than the little bit that drained from those two storage areas. I had my wife drive at different speeds and I watched the anchor locker and the ski locker to see if any water was coming in. Only the anchor locker and only at no wake speed. Once it got to plane almost all the water in the anchor locker drained out and then slowly filled back up once back at idle speed.

shnknapp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
Anyone know if this is an issue from past models because it’s an issue with mine. I have an issue where the storage areas under the driver helm and passenger helm area get soaking wet. I feel it might be from the anchor locker but uncertain. The anchor locker gets filled up when at no wake speed and I think it’s leaking through the screws holes and running back to the lowest point and collecting. Taking it to the dealer today, but wanted some info before I drop it off. Boat is stored inside, wasn’t raining, and no one was wet yet, as we just took it off the trailer and idled around then left the no wake area and cruised the lake. Storage area was dry cause I put the cooler in the passenger storage area. Cooler isn’t issue since it had cold packs and not ice and the bottles of water weren’t leaking since the inside of the cooler was dry. Only have pictures of the passenger side storage area, but drivers side is the same except it has the amplifier and other electronic/electrical items.
If you look through the anchor locker drain (from the outside), you will see that it does not go through the entire hull. This leaves the roughly 1/2 inch of fiberglass exposed. As the water sits in the locker it does what water does by looking for the lowest point and seeps through the fiberglass and into the area that is getting soaked. I ran a test to make sure that was the issues by putting a cork in the drain and putting water in the anchor locker. After 30 minutes, the storage areas were soaked.

Search Anchor Locker leaking and you will find a post with a fix that many members have taken on.

Mesa50

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Spartanburg, South Carolina Lake Hartwell/Keowee
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Cork it up next time, and see if this stops the water problem. Some people here actually keep a rubber cork in place unless they are draining the anchor locker. You can seal the inside edges of the unfinished fiberglass hole from the inside of the locker right up to the lip edge of the plastic drain fitting. That’s the least intrusive, and works fine for some.

Stakj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Thanks for the suggestions. Sucks that it’s still a problem. I dropped it off at the dealer since it’s not even a month old. Hopefully they’ll figure it out since they do have a large pond on their property that they use. I checked out the posts about it and I guess if they can’t fix it right I’ll start trying what’s worked on other ones.

wishnyouwerehere

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Cork it up next time, and see if this stops the water problem. Some people here actually keep a rubber cork in place unless they are draining the anchor locker. You can seal the inside edges of the unfinished fiberglass hole from the inside of the locker right up to the lip edge of the plastic drain fitting. That’s the least intrusive, and works fine for some.
This! I installed the stainless fitting through the hull and bought a 3/8 rubber plug and keep that thing corked unless I am draining water from the locker. My first trip out, troling around breaking in the engines, I could not believe how much water was in that anchor locker. Best advice to anyone is to put the 3/8 stainless fitting in (and it looks worlds better on the outside of the boat also), and cork it up unless draining water from the inside.

Link to fitting used on my 212xe: