• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 25ft boat trailer jack broke

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
You're right, I went to my boat today and realized I didn't actually use the existing holes, but bolted it up the new jack with the supplied "U" brackets slightly forward of the original mounting holes. Fits fine though. Sorry for steering you wrong.
It’s all good I ended up just going to northern tool and picking up a 1500lb jack that’s bolts up to it using existing holes using oem parts. It works great. Just had to modify whole to be slightly larger. $65

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
+1 for the Arc. I ended with the 500 over the 750 though. Didn't see the need to spend the extra money.

greg10

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Boat Length

Alexegan88

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
442DA0A3-B09F-4BEF-B109-C36A2E96AE6A.jpeg
4341E5DF-AA63-47B6-BA23-296475B2D10E.jpeg
Installed a new trailer jack, much beefier than the last one. Did not have to remove the winch stand to takeoff the old one, it’s a little tricky but you can fit a wrench in there to loosen the bolts until they come out.

Chrisbert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
The factory one sux. Mine stripped gears on the first use.

Alexegan88

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
View attachment 182181
View attachment 182182
Installed a new trailer jack, much beefier than the last one. Did not have to remove the winch stand to takeoff the old one, it’s a little tricky but you can fit a wrench in there to loosen the bolts until they come out.
I am an idiot!!
View attachment 182181
View attachment 182182
And not 2 weeks later I bent this new jack, jacking it up to change a flat near the axel, didn’t realize all the torque it would put on the front jack. I had blocks on the tires so thought there was no reason to attach it to the vehicle. This is after I changed the flat.

7CF21385-C233-4916-BD7C-1AB6DE0B593A.jpeg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am an idiot!!

And not 2 weeks later I bent this new jack, jacking it up to change a flat near the axel, didn’t realize all the torque it would put on the front jack. I had blocks on the tires so thought there was no reason to attach it to the vehicle. This is after I changed the flat.

View attachment 183379
Go get yourself the ARK 750 and you won't regret it. there are those whom use the ARK and then there is everyone else :)

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use a Jack stand under my tongue, anytime it is off the truck for the most part. A 6 ton I believe. Keeps the trailer steady as well.