• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 AR195 Audio Upgrade questions/opinions

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ahhh gotcha, makes sense…so with that said, if I wanted to add a 3rd, just run it parallel off my 2nd battery and using “2” off my switch should run both of those, allowing me double the time, correct?

I have a 2 bank charger, I’ve read conflicting things about being able to charge 2 batteries in parallel off 1 bank, some seem to say it’s fine and others say no…any info on that from your experience?
100% correct. To add another battery just run positive to positive and negative to negative. No need to run it to switch.

Now the charger in not sure of. I guess it's possible, but I'd get a 3 bank charger to be sure. You could always try it and see first. I guess you'd have to split the wires

chrisinrockytop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
100% correct. To add another battery just run positive to positive and negative to negative. No need to run it to switch.

Now the charger in not sure of. I guess it's possible, but I'd get a 3 bank charger to be sure. You could always try it and see first. I guess you'd have to split the wires
With parallel they say if you run positive to 1 battery and negative to other battery from charger it will charge both…only 1 way to find out lol. I’m gonna time it tomorrow how long I can play on just 2nd battery, and go from there.

chrisinrockytop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also…@Hoyt @redthumper9 had read your thread about tuning the amps/system, does this need to be done individually with each amp I’m guessing? Not a way to do all 3 at the same time I presume?

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Also…@Hoyt @redthumper9 had read your thread about tuning the amps/system, does this need to be done individually with each amp I’m guessing? Not a way to do all 3 at the same time I presume?
Yes. Each amp individually. I typically start with the in boat speakers followed by the tower and then the subs. Keep in mind this is not the ideal way to tune amps. But if done correctly it will get you really close

Last edited:

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No to tune the amps you'll need to do each channel on its own to the frequency you choose

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Farny @Hoyt @Pedrazaj1 @TXtraumaRN been reading a lot of your guys posts so hope you don’t mind I tagged you, is everyone running 2 batteries, or is anyone running 3? In some of the talk about 2 batteries seems like there’s some talk about dual bank chargers not working right or draining another battery and needing a breaker? Am I reading that right? I have a dual battery setup going with a NOCO 10x2 batteries are ran to a dual switch, powers to it and ground from 2nd battery grounded to stock battery, is that an issue? I thought that was correct but in reading some of the recent posts about ACR (not sure I have a full understanding what this is/does) and what not just questioned if I did something incorrect?

Question on the 2 vs. 3 battery comes from…I’ve added a 2nd 4 channel 1000 watt amp, so running cabin off 1 and towers off another, never had any issues as far as battery running down. Couple weeks ago decided I needed some bass so bought a Rockville powered 10” tube, added some bass (not enough) but after about your 5 it had definitely drained down my 2nd battery, which I knew adding a sub would run the risk of. However to solve the aforementioned not enough bass, I’ve ditched the Rockville tube and have a 10” sub in an enclosure and 1500 watt monoblock amp coming today, so I’m guessing that’s gonna draw even more juice than the Rockville tube did. So…questioning if a 3rd battery is best option (2nd battery is only 4 months old so I think I’m ok adding a twin), or ditching the 2nd battery deep cycle for a different 2nd battery that would be better?

TIA
Sorry for the slow response, have been in Bogota Columbia for work and haven’t been on the forum for a bit.

question for you- are you currently running 1 start and 1 house deep cycle batter? Or running everything off the stock battery?

On your questions- @Hoyt has a good setup.

having multiple deep cycle house batteries will give you more run time before recharge is needed, so can’t go wrong with 2 house (sound system) batteries. I only use the house side for my amps. Anything stock is still to the stock start battery. As far as the NOCO using one bank to charge 2 deep cycle - I personally would consult XS Power – Real Power, Unreal Performance customer service. They were really helpful with my questions.

chrisinrockytop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes. Each amp individually. I typically start with the in boat speakers followed by the tower and then the subs. Keep in mind this is not the ideal way to tune amps. But if done correctly it will get you really close
I have a 4 channel amp on the cabin speakers and a 4 channel on the towers, then a mono on the sub, so do each amp separately? The 4 channels have HPF-Full-LP/BP, you’re saying to run it on HPF and not Full? Just for tuning or all the time? This is the 4 channel amp I'm using in my setup, appreciate the advice!

chrisinrockytop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry for the slow response, have been in Bogota Columbia for work and haven’t been on the forum for a bit.

question for you- are you currently running 1 start and 1 house deep cycle batter? Or running everything off the stock battery?

having multiple deep cycle house batteries will give you more run time before recharge is needed, so can’t go wrong with 2 house (sound system) batteries. I only use the house side for my amps. Anything stock is still to the stock start battery. As far as the NOCO using one bank to charge 2 deep cycle - I personally would consult XS Power – Real Power, Unreal Performance customer service. They were really helpful with my questions.
I’m running the stock battery and added a deep cycle, added a dual switch as well.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Imma be a bit pedantic. It's Colombia.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’m running the stock battery and added a deep cycle, added a dual switch as well.
What else are you running to the house besides the amp? What’s the AH rating on the house?
There is a calculator on that site that will tell you what you need based on use time and your power pull. May help you decide on # of house deep cycles.

based on what I read above your pulling 3500 watts at full volume.

Last edited:

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 4 channel amp on the cabin speakers and a 4 channel on the towers, then a mono on the sub, so do each amp separately? The 4 channels have HPF-Full-LP/BP, you’re saying to run it on HPF and not Full? Just for tuning or all the time? This is the 4 channel amp I'm using in my setup, appreciate the advice!
You absolutely need to be running both the towers and in boat speakers with the HPF on at all times. Crossover should be set somewhere between 80-100hz.

chrisinrockytop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What else are you running to the house besides the amp? What’s the AH rating on the house?
There is a calculator on that site that will tell you what you need based on use time and your power pull. May help you decide on # of house deep cycles.

based on what I read above your pulling 3500 watts at full volume.
With boat off only other thing on would be head unit I would think. Not sure on the AH

chrisinrockytop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You absolutely need to be running both the towers and in boat speakers with the HPF on at all times. Crossover should be set somewhere between 80-100hz.
So dumb question, or I guess explain like I’m 10 lol…what’s full vs. HPF? I would’ve thought full was what was wanted for full range? Also, if you look at that link HPF dial is 20hz to 5khz if I’m reading it correctly, really hard with that range to figure out where 80-100hz is unless I’m just an idiot lol, which is possible.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So dumb question, or I guess explain like I’m 10 lol…what’s full vs. HPF? I would’ve thought full was what was wanted for full range? Also, if you look at that link HPF dial is 20hz to 5khz if I’m reading it correctly, really hard with that range to figure out where 80-100hz is unless I’m just an idiot lol, which is possible.
Full allows both high and low frequency to pass through amp. You want Hpf (high pass filter) on your cabin and Towers. This allows only highs to pass through the amp. Don't worry it'll still allow plenty of mid bass through set at 80-100hz. Then you set your sub at lpf (low pass filter) for your real bass.
To tune the amps to the range you'll use a multi meter for best results. You'll go to Spotify (or whatever music you use Bluetooth) and play a 80hz frequency (just search on Spotify plenty out there). Then hook multimeter to the channel your tuning. Keep turning amp gain up until you reach desired range. You can find plenty of videos on you tube to walk you through it.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If you are not using a scope, multimeter, or dd1 to set your gains this is what I want you to do. First, unplug the RCA going to your towers and Subs so that only your in boat speakers are playing. Turn your gains all the way down, turn your hpf on and turn the crossover frequency about Midway. Bass, treble and mid tone settings on your head unit should be set to 0 or flat. Then you're going to want to queue up some well recorded songs. A good song to start with would be "another one bites the dust" by Queen. But listening to several types of music during this process is what you want to do. Next, start turning your head unit up until you reach 75 to 85% of its maximum volume. At that point, begin turning the gains up on your amplifier. Once you start to hear the slightest bit of distortion stop with the gains and back it off just a hair. By now, the music should be crisp and clear. At that point you can adjust a crossover frequency slightly to either add a little Bass or filter out a little more depending on what your speakers can handle. Just make sure that the music is crisp and clear with no distortion. Now follow the same process for the tower speakers. Unplug the in boat and sub RCA's. Once those are done, then plug everything back in and start with the subwoofer. Subwoofer crossover should be set to LPF and the crossover frequency should be at or around the same as where your hpf is set on your other amps. Begin turning up the gains until your lows are clean and crisp with no popping, snapping, etc. That's it,. You will probably tinker slightly with the settings for the next couple of times you're playing around in the boat but this should get you pretty close. Remember though, when you're out on the water enjoying your day your system is now tuned to 75 to 85% of your head units maximum volume. Going beyond that could introduce distortion depending on how well the music is recorded that you're listening to.

Last edited:

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
^^Nailed it

chrisinrockytop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Hoyt & @redthumper9 so after tuning leave the head unit bass & treble at zero, correct? Rely on the cabin/tower speakers for the highs and sub for lows essentially correct?

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

chrisinrockytop

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@redthumper9 & @Hoyt

my dumba$$ realized I had a multimeter in the garage, I had completely forgotten about it, sorry about that, so do I have this process correct?

-find required voltage for amps
-undo all speaker wires at the amp
-turn gain all the way down
- turn HU on and to volume 32-34/40, flatten bass, treble, fade, balance, turn loud off

For cabin and tower speakers…
-turn amp HPF on, turn HPF dial to estimated 80hz
-for cabin and tower amp play a 80hz track and slowly turn up gain until voltage is met
-turn HPF dial slightly either direction to make sure you are at the set 80hz

For sub…
-turn amp LPF dial down to 50hz, and play 50hz track, slowly turn up gain until voltage is met…small turns of LPF dial to make sure at 50hz

Assuming/if this is correct, only 1 other question, sub amp also has subsonic dial, off-50hz, what should that be at and would I do the same thing with it?

thanks so much guys, ready to get it tuned and hear it this weekend.