• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 EX Deluxe

Mfrench2025

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well just put a deposit down on a 2022 EX Deluxe. It's our first foray with a wave runner but we have an 2011 AR210 which has been beyond reliable at this point a and one of the factors in choosing it over a sea-doo. Spring time can't get here soon enough at this point.

Florida195fsh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I owned a pair of 21' EX Sport/Deluxe. I absolutely hated them, if a single rider was not so bad. The second you have a passenger the Waverunner was super tipsy, handled like crap, and just plain not fun. I sold them and got my boat just a few months back. When I ordered them from the dealer, they told me to spend a little extra and get the VX models. Should have listened, I took a spin on one at the sand bar and it was night and day better over the EX.

Just food for thought.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I owned a pair of 21' EX Sport/Deluxe. I absolutely hated them, if a single rider was not so bad. The second you have a passenger the Waverunner was super tipsy, handled like crap, and just plain not fun. I sold them and got my boat just a few months back. When I ordered them from the dealer, they told me to spend a little extra and get the VX models. Should have listened, I took a spin on one at the sand bar and it was night and day better over the EX.

Just food for thought.
I agree they are ok for a single. 2 up is very tipsy, 3 up just fagetaboutit

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Are you guys talking late '90's or early 2000's tippy, or just tippy in comparison to the monster floating couches Seadoo and Yamaha are making these days?

As even our mid 2000's GP's are tippy for two, but you just learn to hang over the handlebars while loading, and always keep the thrust on when more than one person. It's more of a learn to drive it for two mentality.

Now if you guys really meant Tipsy, instead of tippy, then I think you may have had the wrong drink in the cupholder. (smile)

Mfrench2025

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So i picked up the ski and just hit 10 hours on it so far this year. 100% what you mean by tipsy with two people on it. It was quite nerve racking at first with someone on the back who has never been on one before. I went out with a passanger a second time who had a been and was much better result and handled much better. I pretty much will never have someone on the back unless in no wake zone so not that concerened. The thing is a blast and it says top speed is 50 but I was able to get it up to gps confirmed speed of 53.5 mph. Considering our lake is speed limited to 45 this is more than enough for me. It feels super light and very controllable. I just added the riva racing exhaust yesterday but haven't had a chance to see how much it changed it. Made a few other small upgrades, but don't regret my decision.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So i picked up the ski and just hit 10 hours on it so far this year. 100% what you mean by tipsy with two people on it. It was quite nerve racking at first with someone on the back who has never been on one before. I went out with a passanger a second time who had a been and was much better result and handled much better. I pretty much will never have someone on the back unless in no wake zone so not that concerened. The thing is a blast and it says top speed is 50 but I was able to get it up to gps confirmed speed of 53.5 mph. Considering our lake is speed limited to 45 this is more than enough for me. It feels super light and very controllable. I just added the riva racing exhaust yesterday but haven't had a chance to see how much it changed it. Made a few other small upgrades, but don't regret my decision.
Let me know how loud it is and if there is a loud drone when going slow.
I have seen all the results as far as performance with each mod individual and none made much of a difference till the tune was done

Mfrench2025

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have seen all the results as far as performance with each mod individual and none made much of a difference till the tune was done
Certinly will update this weekend after taking it out. I spent a ton of time trying to see what people have said as far as drone and found all of 3 posts and it was all on supercharged vx's. I'm actually surprised i haven't found more information. I'm used to drone in my cars so won't be really bother me but I am still curious.

Mfrench2025

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So spent weekend out on the water. Sounds much better and a little louder. I have 15 mins or so "no wake" zone i have to go through before i can open it up and no drone noticed holding it around 2200 rpm all the way. Topped out at 55 mph so no real performance gain but that was to be expected.

Phreddei

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My thoughts of the 2022 EX Deluxe. Great for 1 person only. Great on smooth water. Not so great on choppy water. Terrible on rough water. Plenty of power for 1 rider. Great on fuel. Very dependable. 25 hours so far.

Mfrench2025

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So finally hit 25 hours on it. 100% broken in at this point. I added the Riva Sponsons to it a while ago and by far best upgrade. The ski is 100% more stable at speed and going slow. Also helped a lot with stability in the chop. It is way more planted over the waves. I agree with above though, it's a blast for one person, two gets a bit dicey and no way 3 would ever work. Typically on my lake waves don't get over 2-3 feet and usually just from the surf boats, but would not be a fun day in really rough water. It's been a good year with it and sadly season might be done by middle of September. Certianly was a great introduction to WaveRunners and will probably in a few years upgrade to a gp1800.