• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 FSH 210 Sport transducer cable

tradenpaint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey folks,

Can someone tell what this opening is on either side of the transom on my 2022 210 FSH Sport? Can I run my transducer cable through this opening?

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Exhaust. No do not run your cable through it. Just drill your hole and clamshell it with sealant for the cable

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Concur...it's your engine exhaust ports. Just above that area is your hot water thermostat bypass. Don't try to use it either. None of the ports under the swim platform are usable as they're all outlets of some kind.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I didnt want to drill a hole for my transducer cable either but ended up doing for mine and it was definatly the best way to go with a clamshell. The alternitaves are hacking a drain hose then pray it doesnt decide to leak at an the worst possible time.

Last edited:

Trav4t4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Check out blue sea water proof cable clam. I used the side exit style and mounted it on lower side of swim platform. I try to keep all entries above the water line. You can find most of those clams on Amazon.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Check out blue sea water proof cable clam. I used the side exit style and mounted it on lower side of swim platform. I try to keep all entries above the water line. You can find most of those clams on Amazon.
Thats the one I used too.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Food for thought....

Depending on what type of water you are going to typically be on and if you are ever going to want to put on Trim Tabs, factor that into your mounting location. Otherwise you may need to move it, patch and redrill.

Dcauthen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Food for thought....

Depending on what type of water you are going to typically be on and if you are ever going to want to put on Trim Tabs, factor that into your mounting location. Otherwise you may need to move it, patch and redrill.
I’ve seen people talking about trim tabs. What instance would you use them

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They make the boats ride significantly better in chop and rougher water. When you are in a good chop and more you will start to porpoise and start jumping off the waves so you need to slow down. There is no way to trim the boat, and nose down so you are cutting through the waves, on our boats. The tabs allow you to do this. Search for them on the forums here.

The ride is substantially smoother. If you are running in smaller in land lakes that don't get a lot of waves and chop they won't benefit you much.

For instance, we will run in the Great Lakes and Lake St. Clair and we were getting pounded pretty good. With the tabs I can cut through the waves and it is like night and day.

Her are mine.

20211031_140634.jpg

Last edited: