• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 orders already being canceled?

Ibeflyinhigh

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've already read a couple stories that 22 orders placed a couple of months ago have been canceled due to very low dealer allocation. How many of you have already been notified of this??

I will lose my mind. Our '21 was cancelled and our '22 should "be here any day/week" so I better not get that phone call! Lol! I know it's not the dealer's fault, but hot damn....what a mess.

So they cannot give me an answer because my salesman went on vacation last week right when Yamaha announced the 2022's but they think they only have 3 195 fsh on the books for 2022... They said I might not get one. Kinda sad I waited to hear that since I put my deposit in in April and have no other deposits anywhere else...

My dealer said they anticipated lower allocations this year so they took a lot fewer reservations for 2022's.

Yamaha cancelled 2021 orders. Your dealer took too many 2022 reservations. That's the way I'm looking at it now.

From what I understand and have been told. Dealers will not and did not get to order/request all the boats they wanted or had people on the list for. The amount of boats that can be produced is finite. Of course Dealers, in this market, want to order as many boats as they can since they would be able to sell all of them. There is a formula that is used to determine how many boats a dealer could order based on volume, size, location, etc. etc. which I was unable to get more detail on. What this means, in practice is unclear.

Of course there are boats that show up at the dealers that they were unaware were even coming. Not sure how any of that works either. Believe me I tried to get all the info I could from multiple dealers, but was unsuccessful. I would gather those that are coming to the party most recently to order a boat or put on the list would be the ones that may have a harder time.

Additionally, people whom order boats/get on dealer lists, pull out all the time for whatever reason. One dealer mentioned could be as high as 1/2. With the amount of time it is taking to get a boat in for someone, they could go somewhere else, to a different Brand, want a different size or features or trim level, realize that it is too much money, life changes, job changes, etc. They are always issuing deposit refunds. So boats become available because of this as well.

Last edited:
So they cannot give me an answer because my salesman went on vacation last week right when Yamaha announced the 2022's but they think they only have 3 195 fsh on the books for 2022... They said I might not get one. Kinda sad I waited to hear that since I put my deposit in in April and have no other deposits anywhere else...
Start calling around to other dealers to see if they already have deposits for all of the 195 FSH's they ordered. Get multiple deposits into different dealers if you have to (refundable, of course). Even if your first dealer doesn't have any extras, other dealers may very well be getting more than they already have reservations for. There are posts on the Yamaha FB group by salesmen whose dealerships are getting boats delivered that have no waiting line for them, so don't get discouraged yet. Good luck!

I put in an order for a 252SD 2022 (tried for 2021 but no luck) Feb 2021 and they took my $19,000 deposit but my understanding was they were only just placing the order last Friday. I will scream if we have waited this long and they have held my money this long and we can't get it. Anyone have any idea when the boats will actually start shipping>

I put in an order for a 252SD 2022 (tried for 2021 but no luck) Feb 2021 and they took my $19,000 deposit but my understanding was they were only just placing the order last Friday. I will scream if we have waited this long and they have held my money this long and we can't get it. Anyone have any idea when the boats will actually start shipping>
Sheesh thats a high deposit. Agreed I dont like giving $1k deposit only for us not to get a allocation... Could have used it to invest.

Does kill me !!!! Especially hearing that most are only putting in 500 to 1,000. I just got an e-mail from the dealer saying 'If what Yamaha is saying is accurate I should receive it by the end of September'

Holy cow! 19K deposit. My dealer took card info for a deposit, but never actually charged the card. When questioned he said, "I am in the business of selling boats, not collecting deposits." Seems like an insane number to collect to get on a list.

Got in with a dealer that had extra non deposit allocations and they swapped out a boat for the 195 fsh. Thanks again didnt know they were still available.

Your deposit was $19,000? Most I see are $500-1000.
My dealer wanted 10% of projected cost of new models which included a 10% price increase assumption for the 27sd I wanted. So 14k

My dealer wanted 10% of projected cost of new models which included a 10% price increase assumption for the 27sd I wanted. So 14k
Sounds like your dealer just got a interest free loan! The only way I could have agreed to that would have been if I was asking them to hold the boat for me for a month or two. Was there any guaranties that you would definitely be getting a boat?

That is a high deposit. I just put down $2000 for a 255 FSH. All the dealer told me is to expect it between now and March…

Sounds like your dealer just got a interest free loan! The only way I could have agreed to that would have been if I was asking them to hold the boat for me for a month or two. Was there any guaranties that you would definitely be getting a boat?

When we had Moomba our build slot allocated I think it was just $1,000 to get the custom boat build process going.

Once the boat arrived or just prior to it arriving is when we had to plop down money. I can’t speak for Yamaha dealers or Yamaha financing these days but in the towboat world 10% down is about what most lenders expect as a minimum.

Your deposit was $19,000? Most I see are $500-1000.

ours was $7000, but I know the order is in and I am getting one of there three allocation. Every dealer I have talked to said that the Yamaha rep said they would all get their allocation this year. Not the number they want, but their predetermined allocation. So, I feel somewhat comfortable we'll get our boat.

My dealer was to ask me 10 000$ of deposit for a 252 SE but since I am a regular customer he ask me 5000$

Those deposits are crazy. Hell I didn't put that much deposit down on a $400,000 home with my offer. I don't really get why they are asking for this if it is refundable. Unless it is, Just interest free money to use for their own purposes, based on the vehicle selling, nasty game they are playing if the dealership goes under or has other issues. I doubt they are putting the deposits in an untouchable escrow account.

I wonder if this is a measure by some dealers to deter people from putting in multiple deposits at different dealers?

Back