• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 orders already being canceled?

Those deposits are crazy. Hell I didn't put that much deposit down on a $400,000 home with my offer. I don't really get why they are asking for this if it is refundable. Unless it is, Just interest free money to use for their own purposes, based on the vehicle selling, nasty game they are playing if the dealership goes under or has other issues. I doubt they are putting the deposits in an untouchable escrow account.

I didn't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I've been thinking the same thing for the last couple of days.

Not a lawyer, but my guess is that if a dealership goes under, folks trying to get deposits back would be towards the back of the line.

Jim

I wonder if this is a measure by some dealers to deter people from putting in multiple deposits at different dealers?

Perhaps, that could be a valid reason. But $19k ?

I didn't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I've been thinking the same thing for the last couple of days.

Not a lawyer, but my guess is that if a dealership goes under, folks trying to get deposits back would be towards the back of the line.

Jim

They would probably not get anything. If the dealer is insolvent and goes Bankrupt, deposits are not going to be coming back. Happens all the time with builders, building new homes or additions, garages, etc. and people give large deposits. Unless they are putting them in an escrow type of account. Read about it all the time.

With long lead times on boats.

Not sure how much that happens with boat dealers, but it is something to think about. Don't want to worry anyone though.

Perhaps a good question when a dealer ask for a large deposit, is where is that money kept? Will you be using that money at anytime before I receive my boat? It it put in an escrow account? Is it 100% refundable for any reason I wish? And get it all in writing.

People have to do what they feel is right and they are comfortable with.

Last edited:
I agree 10% was alot. I really didn't understand why it needed to be that much other than somehow using it to make sure someone could afford to get boat or like someone said to make sure people were not putting in multiple deposits in various places. I Def could not afford to do that at those amounts lol. But the only guarantee was that I hold the top slot on list and bc yamaha took their allocation for a 27sd last year that they were higher on list to recieve one quicker this year. He told me today he anticipated it arriving in next few months..so who knows. He also told me he was giving me updated invoice in next few days and that if I agreed on price my deposit would be moved to non refundedable bc boat was slated to come in..so we will see how it goes depending on how he answers my questions.

I agree 10% was alot. I really didn't understand why it needed to be that much other than somehow using it to make sure someone could afford to get boat or like someone said to make sure people were not putting in multiple deposits in various places. I Def could not afford to do that at those amounts lol. But the only guarantee was that I hold the top slot on list and bc yamaha took their allocation for a 27sd last year that they were higher on list to recieve one quicker this year. He told me today he anticipated it arriving in next few months..so who knows. He also told me he was giving me updated invoice in next few days and that if I agreed on price my deposit would be moved to non refundedable bc boat was slated to come in..so we will see how it goes depending on how he answers my questions.

my deposit was $7000 but i got it in writing that it is refundable if I am not completely satisfied with the boat as we have not yet seen one in person.

would be moved to non refundedable bc boat was slated to come in

Non Refundable would be an issue with me, boat unseen and no exact delivery date. What if the thing has issues everywhere? That is a pretty non standard practice.

Well I completely understand that concern. But I suppose that any issues that would make me say WTH when the boat arrived would be covered under a warranty. I will definitely make sure I discuss those scenarios with him before any agreement is made.

Anyone else have their dealer tell the freight went up for 22 models? I was so mad. So I would like to hear from anyone else getting a 27SD as well. Freight went up to 4900. Ridiculous I know. But in this market it's take it or leave it. I just hate getting screwed wo lube. So that puts my grand total at 8k for dealer prep and freight. Not to mention an additional bogus 1200 buck doc. Fee.

@Chris W. Maybe call some other dealers and see what it would be. Seems like they are taking advantage? $1,200 doc Fee. is crazy as well!

Anyone else have their dealer tell the freight went up for 22 models? I was so mad. So I would like to hear from anyone else getting a 27SD as well. Freight went up to 4900. Ridiculous I know. But in this market it's take it or leave it. I just hate getting screwed wo lube. So that puts my grand total at 8k for dealer prep and freight. Not to mention an additional bogus 1200 buck doc. Fee.

How bad do you need a boat? To be honest, someone in your position (able to afford a 275) didn’t get there by making dumb financial decisions (unless you inherited money)…sticking with this deal/dealer is not smart.

I texted my dealer Saturday and asked if I needed to put some money down to make it "official" and he says " The next 252 SE in yacht blue that comes in has your name on it. You are safe on that. We can worry about making it official with you signing the paperwork ??" . I guess I'm good with that.

I texted my dealer Saturday and asked if I needed to put some money down to make it "official" and he says " The next 252 SE in yacht blue that comes in has your name on it. You are safe on that. We can worry about making it official with you signing the paperwork ??" . I guess I'm good with that.
Can't say I would trust any dealer in this market. I was told I was the only buyer in line for a 252SD when I gave them a $500 deposit. I spoke to them yesterday to get an update and they told me I was 1 of 4 waiting for a Yacht Blue 252SD and it will not be produced until the 4th qtr with a delivery in May 2022 because my deposit was made just prior to the release date. OK, I haven't been waiting a year, but nobody knew the cost, color or anything about what was going to be new in MY22 if anything? All of a sudden there are 3 people in front of me waiting for Yacht Blue 252SD? Maybe it's a good thing, as taking delivery in September-October just means 6 months off the factory warranty before you can use the boat. They did say that they felt good that the order was accepted meaning that their 252SD allotment was not exhausted. They are slated to get 65 boats and are already starting to take some deliveries.

I heard freight doubled on an ATV I have been eyeing for awhile now so its very possible. I also run a trucking company and the rates are off the charts lately, some customers eat that cost and others pass it onto the consumer. Seems that COVID knows no bounds.

Can't say I would trust any dealer in this market. I was told I was the only buyer in line for a 252SD when I gave them a $500 deposit. I spoke to them yesterday to get an update and they told me I was 1 of 4 waiting for a Yacht Blue 252SD and it will not be produced until the 4th qtr with a delivery in May 2022 because my deposit was made just prior to the release date. OK, I haven't been waiting a year, but nobody knew the cost, color or anything about what was going to be new in MY22 if anything? All of a sudden there are 3 people in front of me waiting for Yacht Blue 252SD? Maybe it's a good thing, as taking delivery in September-October just means 6 months off the factory warranty before you can use the boat. They did say that they felt good that the order was accepted meaning that their 252SD allotment was not exhausted. They are slated to get 65 boats and are already starting to take some deliveries.
I will patiently wait,even if that means April or May. I didn't want to get it till then anyways but with the demand I decided to get on the list and if it comes in early then so be it. I'll continue to save up towards a down payment, so not all bad.?

Hello everyone. First time post here. I have a 2022 212 on order since March with a dealer in the Orlando area. I ordered it at a boat show. The dealer took my credit card info but never charged the card. I was concerned that boats could start coming in and I would just be forgotten so I ended up going to the dealer to talk to the sales manager on Aug 30th. The good news is that he had a spreadsheet all organized by boat model and the list of customers in a priority order that have an order in for the specific boat. He asked me my name and looked at the sheet with me and my name was number one on the list for a 212. The bad news is that he has not heard anything from Yamaha as far as how many of each model he is getting. He had about 203 names on the list for different boats and he said that he only expects to get about 95 boats in. He also said that he doesn't run the cards because there are just way too many transaction fees for charging and crediting cards for boats that may never show up and he knows that he can sell them if the people on the list change their mind.

As long as this dealer gets a least one 212, I should be good. If, however, Yamaha tells the dealer that they are not going to get ANY 212 boats for some reason, I would be at the bottom of the list for a different model. I really hope that doesn't happen. Anyway, I look forward to getting to know some of you on here as my Yamaha ownership commences.

@WaTeRMaNiaC407 Sounds like the dealer is being up front and honest, and I like their business practice. I would assume that he is going to get at least one 212 if not more.

@WaTeRMaNiaC407 Sounds like the dealer is being up front and honest, and I like their business practice. I would assume that he is going to get at least one 212 if not more.
The impression that I got when I was there was a good one. They seem organized and they want to deliver boats in order based when they received the orders. I really respect that! They really are just not getting any information from mother Yamaha. They didn't even have any brochures yet.

@Chris W. now i got my boat in oct last year and while things have gone up price wise, my deal was nowhere near what yours is. i would walk away from this dealer. there are many other dealers getting 27's in. i had to put $1000 down which was totally refundable. i paid zero freight and prep. the dealer waived that. boat was msrp @ 3.99% + tax, reg and i think maybe $200 for a doc fee....thats it. the dealer markup on the sd is a hair over $30k. believe me they have the wiggle room to work with you a little and due to price, the 27's are a little harder to sell than the smaller boats.

Back