• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Yamaha 212X

PBear

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
HI.Where have you placed your registration number?Above or below the rub rail?Do you have pictures???
On my 2020 212x, I put the numbers below the rub rail.

2EEDBB0E-D558-4047-85E8-FC417B9A3EF5.jpeg1069C898-6B2E-4861-9071-974FC6631728.jpeg

Stakj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Hi Where have you placed your registartion number???what color???Do you have some pictures?Thank you

HI.Where have you placed your registration number?Above or below the rub rail?Do you have pictures???
Haven’t had the boat for the last month. Was only able to take it out twice. Now at the shop for warranty cosmetic and water intrusion repairs. Haven’t even registered it yet.

Rammrodd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Haven’t had the boat for the last month. Was only able to take it out twice. Now at the shop for warranty cosmetic and water intrusion repairs. Haven’t even registered it yet.
What water intrusion and cosmetic issues have you encountered?

pgeastcoast

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The reason I am asking is that I am getting exactly the same boat and I was wondering where're you planning to install those reg numbers. I am still waiting for it to be delivered(I hope this year).

Stakj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
The cosmetic issues are mainly the rounded corners of the interior fiberglass. They either sanded them to much or not enough. Black spots on the front cushions. Couldn’t clean them off with anything I had. The water issue is that the anchor locker fills up with about a foot of water when at no wake speed and the areas under the helm get soaked. There is standing water within 15 minutes of being on the lake in the carpet area under the helm that should be dry.

Rammrodd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
The cosmetic issues are mainly the rounded corners of the interior fiberglass. They either sanded them to much or not enough. Black spots on the front cushions. Couldn’t clean them off with anything I had. The water issue is that the anchor locker fills up with about a foot of water when at no wake speed and the areas under the helm get soaked. There is standing water within 15 minutes of being on the lake in the carpet area under the helm that should be dry.
Anchor locker drain issues. Don't most people just plug those?

Stakj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Anchor locker drain issues. Don't most people just plug those?
I don’t know. All I know is the boat is new and that shouldn’t be an issue and I’ll let Yamaha and dealer figure it out.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I don’t know. All I know is the boat is new and that shouldn’t be an issue and I’ll let Yamaha and dealer figure it out.
Yup just tell the dealer to seal it better. I think this is just a poor installation issue during covid as mine was made just before covid and no leak around the drain at all. I did have to run silicone around the transom clean-out port access panel which is a common issue and now my boat is bone dry. Yamaha has addressed this with more recent hulls that drain right out of the clean-out hatch.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The reason I am asking is that I am getting exactly the same boat and I was wondering where're you planning to install those reg numbers. I am still waiting for it to be delivered(I hope this year).
I got my numbers from @JetBoatPilot

Screen Shot 2021-10-09 at 6.20.18 AM.png

Chris W.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
Well the boat I ordered arrived at the yamaha dealer today. I guess it was ordered with an upgraded shorelander trailer. I wish I had known that was possible for the 27s. I ordered a McClain trailer which is a company in Texas which the Yamaha dealer uses as well. Down side is I have to wait to get boat until December when my trailer will be completed. So that's a bummer. Anyway at least we are one step closer. The salesman did find a gelcoat issue especially since I told him he better look bc I want all that noted and fixed under warranty since we got time. Anyway here is the pics he sent. Resized_IMG_26231.jpeg

Attachments