• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Yamaha 212X

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Mesa50 The only thing that Yamaha has over a V-drive is speed. I could easily change the prop on my V-drive for speed if I wanted to. My MasterCraft isn't a single purpose boat. We've tubed behind it without getting a face full of jet wash. The lack if jet wash makes skiing better.

@suke There are options out there if you find a dealer who is honest, which are few and far between. I bet I could get my dealer to sell me a MasterCraft NXT22 for around 100K out the door.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Mesa50 The only thing that Yamaha has over a V-drive is speed. I could easily change the prop on my V-drive for speed if I wanted to. My MasterCraft isn't a single purpose boat. We've tubed behind it without getting a face full of jet wash. The lack if jet wash makes skiing better.

@suke There are options out there if you find a dealer who is honest, which are few and far between. I bet I could get my dealer to sell me a MasterCraft NXT22 for around 100K out the door.
Well sure, but that's nearly 20k more than the yamaha. That's not an insignificant amount. Granted the MC NXT has the smallest ballast and smallest wave out of the box of any of the budget brands. They're all pushing close to 4000lbs of ballast now stock, and with 400hp motors as their base with options higher than that. Not sure what MC is doing, but appears they're asleep at the wheel.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

[USER=13912]@suke
There are options out there if you find a dealer who is honest, which are few and far between. I bet I could get my dealer to sell me a MasterCraft NXT22 for around 100K out the door.
So for shits and giggles I put in for a quote on a 2022 NXT22 and a "moderately" spec'ed one is 130k. Man if you could get that to 100k OTD lemme know who your dealer is, I'd be curious to see what other brands they sell cause that would be a killer deal. I'd drive to PA for that kind of deal when it came time. Assuming they'd sell out of state.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So for shits and giggles I put in for a quote on a 2022 NXT22 and a "moderately" spec'ed one is 130k. Man if you could get that to 100k OTD lemme know who your dealer is, I'd be curious to see what other brands they sell cause that would be a killer deal. I'd drive to PA for that kind of deal when it came time. Assuming they'd sell out of state.
I think it is great that MC came out with the NXT series as not every one needs to spend $250K for a boat. But to be honest, our neighbors have an NXT 22. It's a beautiful boat, and great for surf/wake sports. But for a casual boat for what we do, it's no where near as versatile as an entertaining boat.

It's purpose built for a budget. But for useful storage and room to move about, let alone access to the water, the Yamaha wins. For surfing/wake sports, the NXT is an obvious win. A person needs to pick their needs carefully when deciding between those two.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think it is great that MC came out with the NXT series as not every one needs to spend $250K for a boat. But to be honest, our neighbors have an NXT 22. It's a beautiful boat, and great for surf/wake sports. But for a casual boat for what we do, it's no where near as versatile as an entertaining boat.

It's purpose built for a budget. But for useful storage and room to move about, let alone access to the water, the Yamaha wins. For surfing/wake sports, the NXT is an obvious win. A person needs to pick their needs carefully when deciding between those two.
at 130k it has a lot of competitors that have better waves out of the box. They're in the mix of the budget boats, but almost near the bottom as far as wave size and stock ballast. If I'm spending near 130k I'm going with a supreme in 2022 with 4k lbs of stock ballast, and new hull. I like mastercraft's history and I really want them to beat out the other budget boats in its class, but it struggles to do so. If my limit was 100k or really close to it I'd likely go with something in the moomba line. Of course all of this is based on others research. I've yet to personally step onto any of these boats as there are none to look at, and I won't be buying anything until I can test all of these and make my own determination on what is "best".

I agree for now the Yamaha fits my families needs. I only get to surf/wakeboard about 30 mins out of a day trip out with the fam. Doesn't make sense to have a dedicated tow boat for 100k+ right now for that limited amount. It's only when I go out with my buddy and we surf/wakeboard ALL day that I realize the yamaha really lacks the punch for real tow sports.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We spent a day in our friends new NXT20 years ago. And it was what got my wife interested in a larger boat. But the cramped space of that bow, and lack of space in the rear due to the engine and ballast lead me to believe a 22 would have to be a minimum.

I am so glad the deal on our 242LS came up, as it's way more perfect for our style of boating. That I honestly could never justify a surf specific boat. We get way more quality hours with more friends on this style of boat. It was hard to admit, but surfing is such a selfish sport, and when the captain (me) hardly gets the chance, you can bet I'm not shelling out more money for it.

Long story short, please the masses, not the individual.
(and with our shallow channel to our private bay, I cannot explain how glad I am not to own a v-drive. outboards barely make it through)

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We spent a day in our friends new NXT20 years ago. And it was what got my wife interested in a larger boat. But the cramped space of that bow, and lack of space in the rear due to the engine and ballast lead me to believe a 22 would have to be a minimum.

I am so glad the deal on our 242LS came up, as it's way more perfect for our style of boating. That I honestly could never justify a surf specific boat. We get way more quality hours with more friends on this style of boat. It was hard to admit, but surfing is such a selfish sport, and when the captain (me) hardly gets the chance, you can bet I'm not shelling out more money for it.

Long story short, please the masses, not the individual.
(and with our shallow channel to our private bay, I cannot explain how glad I am not to own a v-drive. outboards barely make it through)
where we like to go you never see any v-drives back in there. The deepest it gets is 20 ft with tons of underwater trees that could be significantly closer to the surface due to lake level fluctuation. For us when we see the depth drop to 4ft briefly it's no real big deal, still plenty of room with the Yamaha. It's also nice cause there's not many people that risk going back there. The v-drives stop wayyyyyyyy before the underwater trees and stay on the other side of the lake we go to.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@suke All I can speak of is my experience, I wasn't charged for shipping and dealer prep. I got 30% off of MSRP, but this was Sept of last year. It's all about finding the right dealer, I shopped 2 other dealers who couldn't come close in price to the dealer I bought from.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@suke All I can speak of is my experience, I wasn't charged for shipping and dealer prep. I got 30% off of MSRP, but this was Sept of last year. It's all about finding the right dealer, I shopped 2 other dealers who couldn't come close in price to the dealer I bought from.
WOAH! That is impressive, sir! 15-20% of almost every other brand was standard as well before the pandemic. Not sure if that's still a thing, I'm hearing rumors it really isn't right now. Before I picked up my new 212x the malibu I was looking at the dealer was offering 35% off MSRP, which put it somewhere in the 80k range before tax/tags.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
WOAH! That is impressive, sir! 15-20% of almost every other brand was standard as well before the pandemic. Not sure if that's still a thing, I'm hearing rumors it really isn't right now. Before I picked up my new 212x the malibu I was looking at the dealer was offering 35% off MSRP, which put it somewhere in the 80k range before tax/tags.
Do you think that is to help with financing? Since the banks look at MSRP, if you're getting 15% off, it "appears" like a 15% down payment, when in reality there is no cash exchanging hands?

I know of a certain person that asked a dealership to write up a bill of sale for a boat that was intentionally inflated, then write in a down payment instead of a discount to get back to the same final price. Made it possible to walk out with a brand new $80k boat with zero cash out of pocket. IMO, that's sneaking up on shady by both the dealership and the individual.

Wonder if the SOP for the industry is that way, and I've just been super naive about it.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Banks are fully aware of that game as well as all the others that are played. It is borderline fraudulent and it can have serious repercussions to both the dealer and buyer if the note goes south for non payment, etc. There is always a way to cook the books so to speak in a transactions and banks see it all.

Skierdad

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
You are all missing a boat that you can buy for under $100K that will surf, ski, wakeboard....Sanger. I'm sure you could get a 215 with enough bells and whistles to hit that 100K but I priced a loaded one around $75000 last year. I really want the 212X but I am also a die hard waterskier. The Sanger 215 will do all three and do them well. The problem is we won't get the ride quality like a Yam (especially on busy days) and I need to worry about what is beneath me with a prop hanging down there again.

Last week I inquired to Sanger about builds and delays and was told "talk to a sales rep". So I did....he had no answers. So I sent another message inquiring again about builds, wait times, etc... No answer. Very disappointing.

We have our AR195 almost dialed in for surfing and I am having a great time. You have to work fairly hard because the sweet spot is small but at 47 yrs old the work out behind the boat is about perfect. I feel good yet tired after surfing a few times. I am able to go ropeless every time but I am happy with things thus far.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Do you think that is to help with financing? Since the banks look at MSRP, if you're getting 15% off, it "appears" like a 15% down payment, when in reality there is no cash exchanging hands?

I know of a certain person that asked a dealership to write up a bill of sale for a boat that was intentionally inflated, then write in a down payment instead of a discount to get back to the same final price. Made it possible to walk out with a brand new $80k boat with zero cash out of pocket. IMO, that's sneaking up on shady by both the dealership and the individual.

Wonder if the SOP for the industry is that way, and I've just been super naive about it.
Not sure. On my boat I didn't get a huge discount. Looked at the paperwork for both my boat and my truck and the price they put on the paperwork as the "starting price" before taxes and stuff was the discounted price. Never really thought into it too much. I imagine that's likely the same for all the vehicles I've bought. I do know for NC if you trade something in, you only pay taxes on the difference between what they give you for the vehicle and the price of the "new" one. In some instances it makes more sense to trade in than it does for private sale. Those cases are rare, and I've only ever traded one vehicle in my life before and sold all the others myself. I also tend to put a pretty big chunk of cash down anyways and pay stuff off ASAP.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You are all missing a boat that you can buy for under $100K that will surf, ski, wakeboard....Sanger. I'm sure you could get a 215 with enough bells and whistles to hit that 100K but I priced a loaded one around $75000 last year. I really want the 212X but I am also a die hard waterskier. The Sanger 215 will do all three and do them well. The problem is we won't get the ride quality like a Yam (especially on busy days) and I need to worry about what is beneath me with a prop hanging down there again.

Last week I inquired to Sanger about builds and delays and was told "talk to a sales rep". So I did....he had no answers. So I sent another message inquiring again about builds, wait times, etc... No answer. Very disappointing.

We have our AR195 almost dialed in for surfing and I am having a great time. You have to work fairly hard because the sweet spot is small but at 47 yrs old the work out behind the boat is about perfect. I feel good yet tired after surfing a few times. I am able to go ropeless every time but I am happy with things thus far.
I've looked at those myself, but I'd rather have something a little more common for parts availability and such. Also dealer access.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just joined the forum. Used this forum along with other ones for the last few weeks to help with researching what type of new boat I wanted. Got lucky and was able to purchase a new 2022 212X. Took it home Saturday and went out Sunday for a little bit to break it in and figure out how to drive it since we’re coming from a stern drive boat. So far, this boat is awesome and got it so many looks on the way to the lake and at the lake.
Update: Received a call to remove the pictures. Mama Yamaha is watching.
Congrats on your new boat! Happy Boating and welcome to the family!

Just my thought...Screw Yamaha with the restriction on posting and their stupid reveal date..every year its getting to be a bigger joke!
Then don't send the boats out to the dealers...dumb asses!

Wicked92

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Just joined the forum. Used this forum along with other ones for the last few weeks to help with researching what type of new boat I wanted. Got lucky and was able to purchase a new 2022 212X. Took it home Saturday and went out Sunday for a little bit to break it in and figure out how to drive it since we’re coming from a stern drive boat. So far, this boat is awesome and got it so many looks on the way to the lake and at the lake.
meanwhile none of us with covid built boats and poor workmanship have gotten a call. They are too worried about the colors of their 22s leaking prior to release? lol
Glad to see yamaha has their priorities straight.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I can understand Yamaha's position to keep things under wraps until the 'grand reveal' next week.

After all, the Yamaha unveiling will showcase their innovative changes and new products for the 2022 model line. :winkingthumbsup"

No wait, uh, that was Sea-Doo. :rolleyes:

What are the changes leaked for Yamaha? Oh yea, color changes and higher prices.

I honestly do want to buy a new 21' boat. However, I'm now thinking about getting a 2019/2020 190/195 (over the Winter/early Spring) and waiting on a new boat til the new model comes out.

Jim

Stakj

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Congrats on your new boat! Happy Boating and welcome to the family!

Just my thought...Screw Yamaha with the restriction on posting and their stupid reveal date..every year its getting to be a bigger joke!
Then don't send the boats out to the dealers...dumb asses!
I would have said screw it and left them up, but I do have some cosmetic issues they need to fix and don’t want them to deny them because I didn’t take down the pictures.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Why would they make you take pictures down? Do you have to keep the cover on when you use it so nobody sees it too? Man I’d tell that guy to pound sand. 😅

pgeastcoast

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Update 2: since today is supposedly the day for Yamaha’s 2022 announcement I reposted my pictures.
Hi Where have you placed your registartion number???what color???Do you have some pictures?Thank you
Update 2: since today is supposedly the day for Yamaha’s 2022 announcement I reposted my pictures.
HI.Where have you placed your registration number?Above or below the rub rail?Do you have pictures???