• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2022 Yamaha Boat Updates

Did not know that……I just assumed that was established by Yamaha. Similar to how it’s done in automotive.
I think Yamaha does charge the dealers something for delivery, and that amount may very well have changed, but the dealers all seem to roll that up with their own prep fee, which varies wildly and all "mysteriously" jumped quite a bit last year when boats got scarce. Prep is mostly just dealer markup. Don't get me wrong, they do spend some money to prep the boat (batteries, etc.) but no dealer is actually spending thousands of dollars to prep a boat.

It is really not that mysterious.

If you have a dealer who on average sold X amount of boats per month and now they have significantly less inventory to sell, they need to increase what they charge? Buildings, Staff, Insurance, Utilities all cost money. With their inventory slashed the only way they can compensate it to charge higher fees. This will continue until their is more product/inventory available. The bad thing is that it clearly illustrates that consumers are willing to pay excessive prices, costs and fees. That is a bad trend.

Seen a couple 27' footers delivered on Facebook already. I will see if I can find the posts.
Yes I had seen info from few people. I saw one post on 27 describing colors his dealer had told him. I emailed him bc he said it had a stripe but didn't say the color of the stripe. I never heard a reply from him. I would love to see pics or hear about colors on the 2022 27 though if you find those pics on Facebook. Thanks-Chris

I looked not sure why I can't find the thread. Perhaps removed. Tuesday you will be able to see everything though.

Does anyone have any ideas as to when Yamaha will start to release the 2022 boat line, colors, etc or even update their website to such info.
Yamaha rep told me Dealer meeting on 8/17 will put out info on models and pricing.

Yamaha rep told me Dealer meeting on 8/17 will put out info on models and pricing.
This has been well known for quite a while. I think we're all anxiously awaiting the big announcements Tuesday and hoping we're not disappointed.

Out of curiosity, is anyone looking at a different purchase option with all of the rumors of the yamaha boats price jump? My wife and I have been waiting on a 212 since January and with hearing that the price may go up $5-10K, it has us looking around at other manufacturers. Curious to know if anyone else is doing the same, and what you might be considering. We have looked at possibly going with a Chaparral or a Scarab, depending on the yamaha price jump and if we can get our deposit back...

I'm a Chaparral fan, and if I was getting a new 21' outboard it would likely be a 21 SSI OB (or more specifically, the 21 SSI Fish & Ski OB). I notice that Chaparral has their 2022 models (and pricing) on their website. Their Vortex site, however, looks like it still has the 2021 information.

Jim

Curious to know if anyone else is doing the same, and what you might be considering.
I've got a 255 on order and have been in limbo for close to a year now. I've thought about jumping ship and going to something else but for me, switching to a completely different boat other than Yamaha really isnt an option. Yamaha fits into a category unto itself in my opinion. The jets, the twin engines, the (limited) surf capabilities, the swim platform, the speed, the spaciousness. Nothing else has all of that in my eyes.

Yamaha's kind of do it all and they do it all fairly well. They dont excel at any one thing, but they have a combination of abilities not found in most boats. For me there really isnt anything else out there that fills that void.

Well, after seeing the pictures of the 2022 252 SE Black Cherry, I have to say I am in love. My wife too. She loved it. I better get started saving some money.

Absolutely gorgeous boat. Congratulations!!

I've got a 255 on order and have been in limbo for close to a year now. I've thought about jumping ship and going to something else but for me, switching to a completely different boat other than Yamaha really isnt an option. Yamaha fits into a category unto itself in my opinion. The jets, the twin engines, the (limited) surf capabilities, the swim platform, the speed, the spaciousness. Nothing else has all of that in my eyes.

Yamaha's kind of do it all and they do it all fairly well. They dont excel at any one thing, but they have a combination of abilities not found in most boats. For me there really isnt anything else out there that fills that void.

You taken a look at Scarab?

Out of curiosity, is anyone looking at a different purchase option with all of the rumors of the yamaha boats price jump? My wife and I have been waiting on a 212 since January and with hearing that the price may go up $5-10K, it has us looking around at other manufacturers. Curious to know if anyone else is doing the same, and what you might be considering. We have looked at possibly going with a Chaparral or a Scarab, depending on the yamaha price jump and if we can get our deposit back...

Saw a Scarabat the ramp yesterday. It was pretty darn sweet.

Have you really looked at Chap or scarabs? As stated, their websites are showing 2021 pricing, and even at that price to get the same options and power you get with a 212 line boat they will put you up to 10k plus over the Yamaha.

Have you really looked at Chap or scarabs? As stated, their websites are showing 2021 pricing, and even at that price to get the same options and power you get with a 212 line boat they will put you up to 10k plus over the Yamaha.
I had a Scarab. You are right, they are more expensive cause the fit and finish is a little better than the comparable model Yamahas.

Came across this graphic on the internet. I though it was interesting to see a visual for the Scarab, Vortex (Chaparral) and Yamaha layouts.

jet boat comparison.png

Jim

Are they allowing you to reveal the price?
We were told before picking it up that we would have to sign a form saying that we wouldn’t post pics or text info online until 8/17. But once we finalized the deal and signed all everything there was no such paper.

Back