• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2023 195S

Vem2001

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Need some help . Just purchased less than 2 weeks ago a 2023 195s. Can someone tell me if this is normal or if someone can take a picture of their engine bay . This is below the fuse panel rear wall and floor area of the engine bay . I started to clean the boat inside and out when I noticed this. Thanks

Attachments

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hard to say - looks like they f'd up the cut the first time and got it right the second? That appears to be the wall between the engine bay and the exhaust portion of the boat. I'd say it's fine. You could complain but they'll probably tell you it's not hurting anything to have an extra hole there. If it really bothers you, you could glass it yourself...

Vem2001

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
That’s what it looks like someone messed up . I not concerned of the extra hole above the hose it’s the rectangular cut on the bottom . If it was free I wouldn’t care so much . If you look there’s like a bead of white silicone on both sides of the cut
It kinda odd as water can come through that opening defeating the need to silicone the sides . Do you have the same cut in your bay ?

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I agree with the above mentions. You will notice weird “isms” the closer you looks. Watch for the shotty zip ties holding the cup holder drain lines in place. Guaranteed to fall off the first speed bump or pot hole your trailer hits.

Vem2001

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I notice stuff like that now . I found screws and metal shavings. That’s expected.
I’m just concerned about that cut out if it’s going to be a problem down the road .

LandSharksMom

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
This makes me want to leave work and go look at ours to compare!!

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I found several washers and screws that looked to be dropped in the bilge during assembly. Nothing seemed to be missing just “additional” hardware lol

evoixmr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Mine has the same hole, but do not the rectangular cut-out

Vem2001

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Yes that ls “normal” leaving screws behind and shavings. It can create a problem .

Vem2001

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
You do look at the cut below the hose on the floor that’s the cut

Vem2001

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Ok yes you’re right . I looked at the side of the hose .

Vem2001

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
@LandSharksMom dont leave work if you do make it an emergency boating day . Lol but do check and post a pic when can. Thanks