• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2024 222 SE wake package

Mjmurr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
Anyone using a wake package on the 2024 222 SE? Any feedback appreciated

I have the wake booster but haven't used it yet. You cannot use it with the swim up seat brackets installed, I bought a 725lb ballast bag, but it was designed for the 21s so not sure it will work. The rep told me it would, but my concern is with the higher transom it won.t reach the bottom platform. Gantlin make one specifically for Yamaha 22' and 25' boats and holds 100 - 125 more weight.

I modified the wake booster to fit with the seat bracket. Probably wont be the same as the wake series or a competition boat with integrated ballast, but I'm not a competition surfer. I wouldn't purchase the wake package for a 22' boat unless you are willing to do some grinding or lose the swim up seats. I made a post about it here in the watersports section. I was more comfortable grinding the aluminum booster than removing through hull bolts on the swim brackets. YMMV

I modified the wake booster to fit with the seat bracket. Probably wont be the same as the wake series or a competition boat with integrated ballast, but I'm not a competition surfer. I wouldn't purchase the wake package for a 22' boat unless you are willing to do some grinding or lose the swim up seats. I made a post about it here in the watersports section. I was more comfortable grinding the aluminum booster than removing through hull bolts on the swim brackets. YMMV
I was told to remove the bracket and reinstall the bolts and or fill with silicone. I haven't tried but I'm not sure the wakebooster will attach properly with outside bolt in place.

I was told to remove the bracket and reinstall the bolts and or fill with silicone. I haven't tried but I'm not sure the wakebooster will attach properly with outside bolt in place.

Its most definitely not going to fit with the bolt in the hole (the one closest to the stern and outboard bolt on each side). It lands right on the booster, I had to clear out a pretty wide area for it.

Back