• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH - Lectrotab Trim Tabs

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yea I didn't remember it being that thick when I did my transducer, just wasn't sure if 1.5 would be too long especially for the top mount on the actuator.
Grab the 1" and the 1.5" and see which works better for you. Make sure you countersink, just a bit, the holes with a 3/4" countersink. Once you are a couple threads or more through the fiberglass, nothing longer will make any difference. Holding power is still the same. Plus the top of the acuator's has no pulling pressure, just upward pressure.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Why would I need to countersink the holes if its pan head and the screw heads are sitting in the metal of the tabs?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Otherwise you will chip the fiberglass and it could crack a bit. You just touch it lightly to flair it out ever so slightly before you put a screw in it. If you flair it out all the way through then the hole will be to big. I used a 3/4" countersink to flare it just a bit. Anytime you drill and put a new screw into fiberglass, especially the thicker ones it is recommended to do this.

Fiberglass doesn't expand like wood and it will chip.

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
1" screws are fine. Use 4200 so if need to removed later, it will not delaminate the fiberglass.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Otherwise you will chip the fiberglass and it could crack a bit. You just touch it lightly to flair it out ever so slightly before you put a screw in it. If you flair it out all the way through then the hole will be to big. I used a 3/4" countersink to flare it just a bit. Anytime you drill and put a new screw into fiberglass, especially the thicker ones it is recommended to do this.

Fiberglass doesn't expand like wood and it will chip.
Copy makes sense thanks

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Here is my latest upgrade. Russ at Lectrotab had a set of 10x14 tabs made for my boat. I went with the auto leveling system. I will probably post a video later.

View attachment 71352 View attachment 71353 View attachment 71354 View attachment 71355 View attachment 71356 View attachment 71357
Question for you guys, does the base of the actuator come off where it attaches to the trim tab.... It seems like the holes for me to bolt it to the trim tab are on the wrong side. I would have to turn the actuator around and the wire would be up top which seems like a pinch point. Or if I cant take it off and turn it around did you drill new holes... I cant make it out in the picture.

daaaddy27

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Question for you guys, does the base of the actuator come off where it attaches to the trim tab.... It seems like the holes for me to bolt it to the trim tab are on the wrong side. I would have to turn the actuator around and the wire would be up top which seems like a pinch point. Or if I cant take it off and turn it around did you drill new holes... I cant make it out in the picture.
You can rotate the actuator... I thought the same thing until I realized I could spin it. Let me know if this doesn't make sense and we can talk through it.

daaaddy27

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You can rotate the actuator... I thought the same thing until I realized I could spin it. Let me know if this doesn't make sense and we can talk through it.
I have my boat out of the water as well, I can send you a photo if that helps.

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Wow I feel silly I figured that out to line up the top bracket but didn’t think to spin 180 to line up the bottom thanks! Glad I went straight to the forum instead of spending hours being frustrated! Thanks!

daaaddy27

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Wow I feel silly I figured that out to line up the top bracket but didn’t think to spin 180 to line up the bottom thanks! Glad I went straight to the forum instead of spending hours being frustrated! Thanks!
Don't feel silly man! Happened to me too! I figured out the actuator can be rotated after drilling two extra holes in my first bracket and cussing at Lectrotab under my breath for such a "stupid" design!

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks guys got the hard part all done today. Tomorrow after work round two and I’ll get it all wired up! EBABB6A8-7633-4F1E-A8EE-8C50B30E2C7D.jpeg676240DD-EF73-438A-B6B9-EAB0377B3429.jpeg

MrBubbaGump

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
They look great! A lot better than my install for sure! My left side was a little lower and I had to MacGyver it to line it up.
Ha yeah I have been there… I get super ocd, I learned today that from the curve at the top of where I mounted the trim tab to the ride plate is about 1/2 inch different on the port vs starboard side… so that was fun trying to figure out the best place to mount that’s even on boat sides!

TeenGee

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Got my tabs installed yesterday. All that remains are the Battery, Ground, & Engine Sense wires.
@Foobar you said, "The tabs automatically retract when you shut the engine down. (I did the optional ignition sensor wiring.)"
I could not find a single wire that sensed both engines were off. were you able to find a single wire that sensed both engines were off?
Where did you connect the sensor wire?