• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 taking on water sitting in slip

Kevin hughes

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I took the boat to dale hollow for 4 days and kept it in a slip. I noticed after a few hrs I had water in the ski locker and some under the motors. The pump drained it rite out after I turned it on or stood on the swim platform. I checked it each day when I pulled it in and it was empty but after a whi!e there would be some in the ski locker and it would be a few inches deep by morning. I know it's not the plug i replaced it with a brass set up and sealed it all real good. Any ideas? Thanks

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Two things come to mind to check, first the carbon seals on the drive shafts very common for those to leak and check the water lines especially the clamps as those will rust and leak . The engine is cooled by a closed loop system but that is not practical for the exhaust system so there are water lines for that. I see hoses falling off the engine quite often .

Kevin hughes

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Thanks for the info! If it ever stops raining here were i can get in the boat and check it out. That gives me areas to look closer at.

Anchorman

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Kevin, did you find the source of the leak?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know this is an old thread but why was the bilge pump off? If boat is in the water, bilge pump should ALWAYS be turned on.