1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  2. Want to buy your boat a Labor Day gift beacuse it works so hard to keep you happy? How about some Cobra Jet Steering? Jeff at CobraSteering has a sale on a variety of steering system combos for Yamaha jet boats and special pricing for the 4 tec steering for forum members

Click Here for Deep Discounts on Cobra Jet Steering while it lasts!!!!!!

You can dismiss this notice (if you are a member) by clicking the "X" in the upper right>>>>>>>>>

Dismiss Notice
  3. Reminder of the Seadeck group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until SEPTEMBER 30th to get in on this group buy - which HAS ALREADY reached the 30% discount point!

So if you are looking to replace that old worn or stinky carpeting and get an awesome new look for your boat, or perhaps your stock swim platform is crumbling and leaving black crap on you and your guests when you sit on it.....look no further! Don't miss this opportunity as this only happens once a year!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Dismiss Notice

210 taking on water sitting in slip

Discussion in 'Sea-Doo Jet Boats' started by Kevin hughes, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Kevin hughes

Kevin hughes Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Boat Make:
    SeaDoo
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Challenger
    Boat Length:
    I took the boat to dale hollow for 4 days and kept it in a slip. I noticed after a few hrs I had water in the ski locker and some under the motors. The pump drained it rite out after I turned it on or stood on the swim platform. I checked it each day when I pulled it in and it was empty but after a whi!e there would be some in the ski locker and it would be a few inches deep by morning. I know it's not the plug i replaced it with a brass set up and sealed it all real good. Any ideas? Thanks

2. Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Cobra Jet Steering LLC Jetboaters Admiral

Ratings:
    +2,688 / 53
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Other
    Boat Length:
    Other
    Two things come to mind to check, first the carbon seals on the drive shafts very common for those to leak and check the water lines especially the clamps as those will rust and leak . The engine is cooled by a closed loop system but that is not practical for the exhaust system so there are water lines for that. I see hoses falling off the engine quite often .

3. Kevin hughes

Kevin hughes Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    Boat Make:
    SeaDoo
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Challenger
    Boat Length:
    Thanks for the info! If it ever stops raining here were i can get in the boat and check it out. That gives me areas to look closer at.