• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210fsh Buying/Financing options

Jetfixer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
After much research and reading lots of your posts I’ve decided the 210fsh sport is for me. I haven’t been to a dealer yet but I was curious as to what financing options you guys were offered and what are your monthly payments. Before I show up at the dealer I would like to have an idea what to expect. I know some might feel this is a personal question but any info would be much appreciated. Side note I have excellent credit. Thanks in advance.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Depends on your credit, income and financed amount as well as rate and term. You can use the below calculator to get an idea. Just adjust the downpayment to reflect appropriately. I would also suggest figuring 3.99% to 5.99% at a rough guestimate in rate. You may be able to do better or worse. Typically the more you put down, the higher the credit score, the lower the Debt to Income Ratio the better the rate or the best rate, but that is just a rule of thumb. Check with your Bank or Credit union first on what options they have available, that way when you go to the dealer you will have an idea of other options.

or the Yamaha one

They all work the same.

Finding a dealer with a boat will be the tough part. New models may be on the way in the next couple of months.

Jfraz34

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just got financing @5.9% with excellent credit, over 800, and $3k down payment. Can't remember the lender off the top of my head though. I went through the dealership for financing. I'm in N.C. I was told to expect between 5-9% so I was good with 5.9. Hope this helps. HangOutdoors is correct, good luck finding a boat right now, especially if you are looking for used. New ones should start arriving in August if I remember correctly.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another thing to think about is that there has been a huge rush for lending on recreational items as well as additional spending on revolving credit. This has a tendency to make lenders a bit more stringent and wary so they don't over extend themselves too much. It could have an impact on obtaining loans as time goes on.

Jfraz34

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
After much research and reading lots of your posts I’ve decided the 210fsh sport is for me. I haven’t been to a dealer yet but I was curious as to what financing options you guys were offered and what are your monthly payments. Before I show up at the dealer I would like to have an idea what to expect. I know some might feel this is a personal question but any info would be much appreciated. Side note I have excellent credit. Thanks in advance.
Huntington National Bank was the lender. I think the have a division that handles Marine/Recreational loans.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The challenge with used boats that have heavy add-ons is that the asking price is up over NADA value a good amount. Friend was looking at buying used but the down payment from the bank was excessive to bring the value in line. Unless you have a decent down payment or buying outright, buying a used heavily modded boat may be tough at the sales price that is wanted for some with less money out of pocket. That doesn't mean that it is not worth it, but it could be more cost effective to buying used unmodded boat or new and slowly adding your mods as you go along. That would depend on your financial and cash flow situation. You would have to decide what you were going to want to add and look at the whole picture.

Conversely, if you want add-ons and modifications but don't want to do them yourself and a used boat has them tested, Perhaps the upfront, depending on what it is, works out well.

marmstufl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That's a really good point with the used boats actually. You'd pay more up front to have something that works (assuming the seller isn't taking you for a ride) and you don't have to go through the hassle of install/waiting game that comes with modifications.

brian86992

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
If you're looking at new, Yamaha has been and still is offering 1.99% financing. Pretty unbeatable. Don't think they require any money down either if that's your thing.