• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

212 Ski locker ballast

With the 2 x 400's in the back + 750 in the locker do you have enough to wakesurf? Or do you add any additional (more bags/people)?

That really depends on your experience and your board. The Ronix Duke is a large thick board - a surf built board with tons of buoyancy. I've read that they do very well with small wakes.

My 13 yo twins can go ropeless with just the stock ballast and 3 people on board. But my kids are extremely athletic and they only weight 130 and 120. My son prefers a CWB Ride (he throws that thing around) and my daughter prefers Hyperlite Landlock (she prefers to just cruise). They can go ropeless, but not for very long. The pocket is very tiny and hard to stay in.
Me - I can't go ropeless just yet. I can feel the rope going slack - but tiny pocket and not enough "push".
I'm hoping that another 800lb bag in the ski locker might do the trick. And if it doesn't - that's alright. Cause its fun with or without the rope.
I won't put extra bags on the seats or on the floor.

That really depends on your experience and your board. The Ronix Duke is a large thick board - a surf built board with tons of buoyancy. I've read that they do very well with small wakes.

My 13 yo twins can go ropeless with just the stock ballast and 3 people on board. But my kids are extremely athletic and they only weight 130 and 120. My son prefers a CWB Ride (he throws that thing around) and my daughter prefers Hyperlite Landlock (she prefers to just cruise). They can go ropeless, but not for very long. The pocket is very tiny and hard to stay in.
Me - I can't go ropeless just yet. I can feel the rope going slack - but tiny pocket and not enough "push".
I'm hoping that another 800lb bag in the ski locker might do the trick. And if it doesn't - that's alright. Cause its fun with or without the rope.
I won't put extra bags on the seats or on the floor.

I don't think the bag in the locker will do what you are wanting it to do. The boat needs to list and a bag on the surf side seat will work wonders. The bad thing about the 212x is the 2 bags in the back kind of counteract each other for wake surfing. They do sink the whole boat down but defeat the list. I also have my boat plumbed with a 400 on each side and this past weekend surfed with my 400 on port filled 600 pounds in the locker and a 750 bag in the seat. The wake was amazing and this was the least weight we have ever surfed with!!

I know you said you won't put them on the seat but what do you have to loose? Just sit on the bag.....

Just curious how you keep the bag on the seat? Just throwing in on there? or are you tying it down? Inside the cabin or on the swim deck?

I keep my my 212SS at the lake house, and I was hoping someone could help me with some measurements since I dont have access to my boat right now.

I want to add some ballast to the ski locker (currently ordering 2 x 400lb bags to rear compartments) but I am unsure as what size will fit. If there is either someone whom has added a bag to a 212SS or 212X please let me know what size you used. Otherwise maybe someone could step outside and measure their ski locker for me.

Thanks

Hey if you want I can go to your lake house and measure it for you.....probably take about a week there to get a good measurement....lol

Just curious how you keep the bag on the seat? Just throwing in on there? or are you tying it down? Inside the cabin or on the swim deck?

We have to hold it in place while filling it up but after that it is rock solid just sitting on the seat.

20140614_141948-jpg.11516

When we put one on the swim deck of @rocknracing boat we used a rope from the tow hook wrapped around the bag then back to the handle for the cabin and also used 2 of those tube straps with the suction cups. Worked great!!

I know you said you won't put them on the seat but what do you have to loose? Just sit on the bag.....

I don't know - I just don't like the bags being in the way. For me, if I gotta put bags on the seat or on the floor, then screw it - I'll keep holding onto the rope! And I don't like listing a boat all the way over either. I guess I'm just anal like that.

I did fill up my ski locker with water 1 day just to mess around - I would guess about 600lbs or more, only filled it a little more than 1/2 way. And the wake/wave looked much larger than before. I was by myself, so I didn't have any kiddies with me to test it out. It's still washed out of course.

My brother is picking up a MasterCraft X25 this winter, he's got the $$$ and has already started shopping, just waiting for the boat show season to start so he can get the best prices. I'm actually just as excited as he is to get a MC in the family. ;)

Back