• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

212SD dealer pricing

sauroneru

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I'm looking forward to my first Yamaha boat, and ordered a 212SD that just arrived at the dealer. They never gave me pricing until now, and it seems higher than I thought. I wanted to see what people who actually know what they're doing think. Pricing:

Boat: $64,799 ($900 higher than msrp. I expected to pay MSRP)
Trailer: $4,000 (I thought this was included and should be zero)
Dealer prep: $995 (this seems normal)
Taxes, title, documentary fee all look reasonable.

mike220022

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm looking forward to my first Yamaha boat, and ordered a 212SD that just arrived at the dealer. They never gave me pricing until now, and it seems higher than I thought. I wanted to see what people who actually know what they're doing think. Pricing:

Boat: $64,799 ($900 higher than msrp. I expected to pay MSRP)
Trailer: $4,000 (I thought this was included and should be zero)
Dealer prep: $995 (this seems normal)
Taxes, title, documentary fee all look reasonable.
Yes thats way too high. The trailer is included in the MSRP ($63799.00) of the boat...unless it was upgraded to galvanized which is only $400 more. Dealer prep can be waived as well as long as you push for it enough. Sounds like a bit of price gouging in my opinion

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I absolutely agree with Mike220022. If it was the beginning of summer with the boat shortage in full force, he would probably get it, but at the beginning of November??
Guess you now know why he would not provide pricing. If he would not sell to you for MSRP, Boat, trailer, etc. I would walk away.
Hard to do when you have been waiting for it, but $3600 is allot extra for the trailer, and that's if it is galvanized?

I know where there are (4) 250/252's for sale at dealers that are not spoken for and numerous 190/195 that are available, that's just in southern Ohio.
I think the initial boat buying rush is over.

All that being said, life is short!! LOL!

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yea, thats messed up, unless they swapped out the factory trailer for an aluminum custom trailer or something..

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Put a deposit on mine July 21, 2020. Paid 2020 MSRP prices, no freight, small dealer prep. Got a CG kit, anchor, bumpers, lines. I think I would walk on over MSRP. I did pay 400 extra for a galvanized trailer.

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I’m sure this won’t help any, but I signed on the price and deal before I “ordered” the boat and put a deposit down. My deal is done once the boat shows up, no surprises. I also got a heavy discount off plus some freebies. Have you attempted to negotiate your deal or was that a take it or leave it price they gave you?

sauroneru

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Ha, thanks to everyone. I felt like they were trying to pull a fast one. I was planning on paying today, but I walked out instead. I don't need to get the best deal in the world, but I have no interest in paying a surprise $5k-6k over MSRP, with them pretending the boat doesn't include a trailer (it has the standard non-galvenized trailer). There are tons of other dealers within a few hours, so either they'll come back to earth or I'll go somewhere else.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Ha, thanks to everyone. I felt like they were trying to pull a fast one. I was planning on paying today, but I walked out instead. I don't need to get the best deal in the world, but I have no interest in paying a surprise $5k-6k over MSRP, with them pretending the boat doesn't include a trailer (it has the standard non-galvenized trailer). There are tons of other dealers within a few hours, so either they'll come back to earth or I'll go somewhere else.
Good luck and I hope you find one that suits you soon.

sauroneru

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
For the curious, the dealer said the $4k is now for transport, and there's no way they can reduce any of their costs or charges. So I cancelled the order with them. They also offered $20k for my trade-in, which sold on Craigslist for $35k in a week. So, maybe they're not the best...

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
For the curious, the dealer said the $4k is now for transport, and there's no way they can reduce any of their costs or charges. So I cancelled the order with them. They also offered $20k for my trade-in, which sold on Craigslist for $35k in a week. So, maybe they're not the best...
$4k for transport, where are you located, name of dealer? That's ridiculous and they've padded that for pure profit. I'm in FL and the first quoted me $2k for transport and I complained and they dropped it to $1500, which is about standard across the board give or take.

sauroneru

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
This is Texas Marine in Houston, TX. Boats were really popular this summer, so there were shortages and high prices. I think they believe they can get $6k over MSRP for a boat in stock. Which is fine to try, it's just weird to slap on a pre-order with no notice.

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
This is Texas Marine in Houston, TX. Boats were really popular this summer, so there were shortages and high prices. I think they believe they can get $6k over MSRP for a boat in stock. Which is fine to try, it's just weird to slap on a pre-order with no notice.
Umm... TN to TX should be no more then $1500. Ya, they're playing dirty with you.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yamaha boat prices are ridiculous to begin with, when I was looking to replace my 10 year old Yamaha I didn't even entertain the thought of another Yamaha because of the price. Dealers are still playing the boat shortage game, it's pure BS. I would never pay more than MSRP on anything and would walk on any deal where I thought the dealer was trying to screw me. I just bought a new Mastercraft and paid well under MSRP and got a deal that 2 other dealers would not touch. I paid ZERO shipping and ZERO prep. I was able to score 2 upgrades worth over $800.00 for free and got bumpers, ropes, life vests, and an anchor for free without even asking for it. I also got the boat winterized for free since the boat wasn't going to be used this year. Next year they will do the mandatory 25hr service for free, this first service must be done by the dealer in order to maintain the engine warranty. Since my boat wasn't going to be used until next year and even though I took delivery I asked the dealer if he could put my official delivery date June of 2021 so my warranty doesn't start until then, he did it without an issue.

Bottom line is find another dealer.

burgjp

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yamaha boat prices are ridiculous to begin with, when I was looking to replace my 10 year old Yamaha I didn't even entertain the thought of another Yamaha because of the price. Dealers are still playing the boat shortage game, it's pure BS. I would never pay more than MSRP on anything and would walk on any deal where I thought the dealer was trying to screw me. I just bought a new Mastercraft and paid well under MSRP and got a deal that 2 other dealers would not touch. I paid ZERO shipping and ZERO prep. I was able to score 2 upgrades worth over $800.00 for free and got bumpers, ropes, life vests, and an anchor for free without even asking for it. I also got the boat winterized for free since the boat wasn't going to be used this year. Next year they will do the mandatory 25hr service for free, this first service must be done by the dealer in order to maintain the engine warranty. Since my boat wasn't going to be used until next year and even though I took delivery I asked the dealer if he could put my official delivery date June of 2021 so my warranty doesn't start until then, he did it without an issue.

Bottom line is find another dealer.
I agree. I'm a lurker and will be for a few more years so I'm on here just soaking up as much as I can. I'm not sure on the trend on Yamaha's pricing, but I feel, in regards to Yamaha's higher end line, they are getting into territory of other brands that have better quality etc. and where you could score a great deal (your mastercraft is a perfect example). But then again, I do understand that also depends on your use of a boat. The Yamaha dealers seemed to cash in on the "shortage" with all these stories of difference pricing and fees. But it will be interesting when the incentives/deals magically come back when things hopefully go back to normal and dealers have too much Yamaha inventory. I am in no rush whatsoever, I live in FL so I don't have a boating season lol.